Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
I have to agree with St Troy here. I can never understand why some people spend hundreds of $'s to see a concert and then get stoned/wasted out of their mind to the point they don't know what is going on, and probably won't remember the details the next day.
I remember everything from those concerts , every detail. It obviously depends on the person and what party favors they're playing with, but if you have the right mindset being high on the right stuff elevates an experience like that sky high.

There are 3 albums that I can think of off the top of my head that should be listened to with headphones and a clear mind to enjoy all the full nuances of the music: The Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Quadrophenia (by the Who).
I've listened to TW and DSOTM both ways, countless times. I think you're under the impression that one has to supplant the other, that's not the case. Being in different states of mind gives the albums a whole different type of dimension. You'll see and interpret things from their music in different ways.