• The Running Man

8 27.59%
  • Time Bandits

9 31.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 3 - Group 9 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 3 - Group 9 of 32

During the third round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to two films you would like to move onto the next round. The top two films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

The Thing (1982)
    Directed by John Carpenter

Watch Trailer

Big Trouble in Little China (1986)
    Directed by John Carpenter

Watch Trailer

The Running Man (1987)
    Directed by Paul Michael Glaser

Watch Trailer

Time Bandits (1981)
    Directed by Terry Gilliam

Watch Trailer

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Thing is the only "thing" worth my vote in this group.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Time Bandits

Again, I see the words "The Running Man," instantly think whoa! yes!, and then immediately remind myself that we're talking about the stench-laden heap that was the movie.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Time Bandits

Again, I see the words "The Running Man," instantly think whoa! yes!, and then immediately remind myself that we're talking about the stench-laden heap that was the movie.
    I like the Running Man on its own regards and separate it from the Bachman book it is "based" on. Kinda have the urge now to rewatch it, but I haven't upgraded from DVD, and I hate going back to watching SD movies.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Never read the book, but I enjoy the violent, cheesy goodness that is The Running Man.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Never read the book, but I enjoy the violent, cheesy goodness that is The Running Man.
    Read the book.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Read the book.
    Excellent advice.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Read the book.
    Excellent advice.
    The book is a super read!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Read the book.
    Excellent advice.
    But don't judge the movie on its faithfulness to the book, or you will be disappointed in the movie. The movie is its own kind of fun!
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Read the book.
    Excellent advice.
    But don't judge the movie on its faithfulness to the book, or you will be disappointed in the movie. The movie is its own kind of fun!
    Trust me, I am not judging this film on faithfulness. It really offer no fun at all. I watched much of it a month or so ago, and it was pure agony.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably never, ever, ever read the book, but I'll take y'alls word for it

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know this is a King site, but still considering that, I'm still shocked that The Running Man has even made it this far.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For me its more about Arnold then King.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I know this is a King site, but still considering that, I'm still shocked that The Running Man has even made it this far.
    He's been training.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

But the Running Man isn't even good Arnold.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just realized the Running Man takes place in 2019.

I'll have to watch it again, to see how far off they were on the technology.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

But the Running Man isn't even good Arnold.
    oh come on are you seriously telling me you didn't like

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope - I won't bite. The only thing that Richard Dawson ever did that was any good was Hogan's Heroes!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope - I won't bite. The only thing that Richard Dawson ever did that was any good was Hogan's Heroes!
    Likely a world record for kisses in Family Feud for Dawson. But Dwight Schultz is HUGELY underrated!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Likely a world record for kisses in Family Feud for Dawson. But Dwight Schultz is HUGELY underrated!
    I see nothing...I hear nothing! My grandfather thought Schultz was the funniest man on the planet.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following two titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. The Thing (65.52%)
    2. Big Trouble in Little China (48.28%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. Time Bandits (31.03%)
    2. The Running Man (27.59%)

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Im sad to see Time Bandits eliminated. Thats such a fun movie.

Country
    Country Flag

And The Running Man's run has ended.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Im sad to see Time Bandits eliminated. Thats such a fun movie.
    ...and so much better than Brazil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast