Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us on HBO

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeap. It was once called the "Citizen Kane of video games". While I think that's a little hyperbolic, there's no denying its place in the inner sanctum of all time greatest games.

Its one of my favorite stories, regardless of medium. The fact that it's presented in such an immersive fashion is the icing on the cake.

Can't believe we have to wait just one more week+!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not even a game to me. It's an experience. It's perfect in every way.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The early reviews are GLOWING with praise....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was very well made and it truly felt like the game. You can tell there's been a lot of care taken here. Looking forward to the ride.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I know absolutely nothing about the game, but the cast is terrific and I enjoyed the first double episode. The design of the creatures looks amazing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first episode was all that and more for me!!!! Wowowowow 11/10. My new fav show for sure…. Cannot wait for next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know nothing of the game, but I liked the first episode.

Some thoughts:

- I like the whole fungus idea (it works in that it makes me nervous - could something like this happen??)

- Fun to see Big Head from Silicon Valley pop up

- I'm not sure if I actually dislike Bella Ramsey (who plays Ellie) or if she's doing a great job playing a character I dislike (I get the feeling we're supposed to sympathize with Ellie, but I can't)

- Sometimes with (post)apocalyptic stories, I end up preferring the very beginning (where everything goes to shit) to everything that follows - now I wait to see if it moves forward, or bogs down into a season of dark 'n' dirty walking occasionally interrupted by yelling and dying ("we've discovered the location of the next outpost!" isn't plot development; it is plot deferment).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The casting choice for Ellie is piss poor.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Maybe she will grow on me, but I hate to say this, she's odd looking to me.

I know she had a small role on Game of Thrones that everyone really lost their minds over, but there's something off about her face.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Maybe she will grow on me, but I hate to say this, she's odd looking to me.

I know she had a small role on Game of Thrones that everyone really lost their minds over, but there's something off about her face.

I don't do video games, so I have no preconceived notions about the character or the show. So far I love it and think she is doing a great job.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's where I've seen her. Couldn't quite put my finger on it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

I don't do video games, so I have no preconceived notions about the character or the show. So far I love it and think she is doing a great job.
    There was/is one actor that everyone thought of when they saw Ellie in the game.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/righ...183716900.html
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

First episode was phenomenal. In terms of world-building pilots, that was one of the best I've ever seen. Loving the respect to the source material.

Give the Ellie actress a chance, I'm sure she'll grow on you. I trust Druckmann/Mazin's decision to cast her.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

There was/is one actor that everyone thought of when they saw Ellie in the game.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/righ...183716900.html
    Ellen Page was definitely the perfect casting for that role back in the day. Now, that might be a bit of an issue...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If the adapted this 5 years ago, Kaitlyn Dever would've been perfect for Ellie.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

I have NO issues with the cast.. BUT I have not played the game either.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have NO issues with the cast.. BUT I have not played the game either.
    You're lucky, you can go into the show fresh without any preconceived notions of what the cast 'should' look like.

I've played, replayed the games numerous times so even for me it's difficult to not have an image in my head of what Ellie should look like. I'm sure once I get another ep or two under my belt I'll be able to assess the actress on her own merits.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Holy crap she looks just like her lmao.

Sadie Sink would have been another good choice too

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a strong believer in the "they should look exactly like the character" thing. Pedro doesn't look much like Joel and nobody says anything.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Holy crap she looks just like her lmao.

Sadie Sink would have been another good choice too

Yeah, Kaitlyn really could have portrayed Ellie as a character very well too. I liked Sadie in The Whale, but that's the only thing I've seen her in.

Yeah, Kaitlyn really could have portrayed Ellie as a character very well too. I liked Sadie in The Whale, but that's the only thing I've seen her in.
    You've never watched Stranger Things?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    You've never watched Stranger Things?
    No. I avoided all that 80s nostalgia stuff. Barely heard anything about it after the first season so I assumed it went off a cliff.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I'm not a strong believer in the "they should look exactly like the character" thing.
    Me either but it's always a nice touch, and an appreciated one.

Pedro doesn't look much like Joel and nobody says anything.
    Idk about that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast