Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us on HBO

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Last of Us on HBO

'The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television in association with PlayStation Productions. It will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.

Launched in 2013, Sony and Naughty Dog's The Last of Us garnered critical praise for its engrossing tale of the post apocalypse, centering on the relationship between Joel, a smuggler in this new world, and Ellie, a teenager who may be key to a cure for the deadly pandemic.

Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle the14-year-old girl out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival. The HBO series will cover the events of the original game, which was written by Druckmann, with the possibility of additional content based on the forthcoming game sequel, The Last of Us Part II, which will release on May 29, 2020.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This sounds so good!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Makes total sense, given the video game was more or less an interactive movie.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

The game was awesome. Hope they do it justice.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope it isn't about Joel and Ellie.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    “The HBO series will cover the events of the original game.”

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WHo else would it be about? lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

People will brush it off as a Walking Dead clone, and that will be a shame.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have complete faith in this, especially since Neil Druckman is involved. The game is easily one of the best of its generation, and I'm happy more people will get to experience it

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Literally anybody else.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Literally anybody else.
    But
    Spoiler:
    Joel dealing with the death of his daughter and the blossoming of his relationship with Ellie, who ends up being like a defacto daughter to him
    is the crux of the entire game and one of the many things that makes it so good.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Literally anybody else.
    But
    Spoiler:
    Joel dealing with the death of his daughter and the blossoming of his relationship with Ellie, who ends up being like a defacto daughter to him
    is the crux of the entire game and one of the many things that makes it so good.

Yes and I've seen that story half a dozen times already. Short of them totally rewriting it so it's different, what is the point when I can just pop the game back in? It would be one thing if they did years of story leading up to Ellie, Better Call Saul style,, since there's so much time between the intro of the game and the game itself. At least that would be different.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not opposed to a different story, I can understand why they want to stick with the same one. Yes, it's been done before, but that's hardly a good reason not to do it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been done before but not nearly as good. I'm not necessarily opposed to new story either, but my interest in the show would drop significantly if its not about Joel & Ellie.

Besides, a full season (or 2, or 3) gives the creators the chance to enrich the texture of the story, similar to what Netflix is doing for Castlevania.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't play video games so I'd prefer the origin story, thanks.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I don't play video games so I'd prefer the origin story, thanks.
    100%
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://pressroom.warnermedia.com/me...-and-executive

HBO has given a series order to the drama THE LAST OF US, it was announced today by Francesca Orsi, Executive Vice President, HBO Programming. Craig Mazin (HBO’s “Chernobyl”), Neil Druckmann (“The Last of Us” and “Uncharted” video game franchises), and Carolyn Strauss (HBO’s “Chernobyl” and “Game of Thrones”) are executive producers along with Naughty Dog’s Evan Wells and PlayStation Productions’ Asad Qizilbash and Carter Swan. Written by Mazin and Druckmann, the series is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television. PlayStation Productions, Word Games, and Naughty Dog produce.

“Craig and Neil are visionaries in a league of their own,” said Orsi. “With them at the helm alongside the incomparable Carolyn Strauss, this series is sure to resonate with both die-hard fans of ‘The Last of Us’ games and newcomers to this genre-defining saga. We’re delighted to partner with Naughty Dog, Word Games, Sony and PlayStation to adapt this epic, powerfully immersive story.”

“We’re thrilled to be working with HBO and this fantastic creative team to bring ‘The Last of Us’ series to life,” said Jeff Frost, President of Sony Pictures Television Studios and Asad Qizilbash, Head of PlayStation Productions. “PlayStation’s innovative storytelling and ingenuity is a natural complement to SPT’s creative focus. Our collaboration is a great example of our ‘One Sony’ philosophy at work. We look forward to developing even more iconic game IP in the future.”

Based on the critically acclaimed video game “The Last of Us,” developed by Naughty Dog exclusively for the PlayStation® platforms, the story takes place twenty years after modern civilization has been destroyed. Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle Ellie, a 14-year-old girl, out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival.

“The Last of Us” will be available on HBO and to stream on HBO Max.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have faith that the creators of Chernobyl can do this justice.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The tandem of Chernobyl creators + Druckmann who's a great writer in his own right make me believe this will be the new, true gold standard for video game adaptations. They have everything they need creatively to make this a success.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The tandem of Chernobyl creators + Druckmann who's a great writer in his own right make me believe this will be the new, true gold standard for video game adaptations. They have everything they need creatively to make this a success.
    God, I hope so.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Last of Us HBO TV Series Gets a New Director

HBO’s The Last of Us Series officially has a new director. The Oscar-nominated Beanpole director Kantemir Balagov will direct the adaptation of Naughty Dog’s hit post-apocalyptic adventure game, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Beanpole, a drama focused on two women in post-WWII Leningrad, was selected as Russia’s entry for Best International Feature Film for the 92nd Academy Awards in 2019, but ultimately lost to South Korea’s Parasite. Beanpole earned Balagov the Cannes Film Festival’s best director award in 2019.

Balagov also directed 2017’s drama Closeness, a drama centering on a kidnapping of a young couple and the subsequent ransoming.

Balagov’s somber aesthetic is likely a factor in HBO’s decision to hire him, likely ensuring a dark tone congruent with the original game’s harrowing tale, and likely pairs well with writer and executive producer Craig Mazin. Mazin’s Chernobyl series was similarly known for being visually and thematically somber.

It was originally reported that the project would reunite Mazin and Chernobyl director Johan Renck, at least for the first episode, but THR reports that he has dropped out due to a scheduling conflict.

The Last of Us series was officially greenlit by HBO in November last year. The game’s creative director and writer Neil Druckmann is also writing and executive producing the series.

Sony Pictures Chairman and CEO Tony Vinciquerra announced in December last year that the studio is currently developing seven shows and three movies based on PlayStation properties. Vinciquerra didn’t clarify if The Last of Us series and Uncharted film were included in that count.

The Last of Us series doesn’t have an official premier date, but it’s estimated that it may debut alongside The Walking Dead’s final season.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I continue to have hope for this.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://deadline.com/2021/02/pedro-p...on-1234691935/
    In one of the biggest TV castings of the year, The Mandalorian star Pedro Pascal is set to headline The Last Of Us, HBO’s high-profile series adaptation of the Sony Playstation franchise from Chernobyl creator Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann.

Based on the critically acclaimed video game The Last of Us, developed by Naughty Dog exclusively for the PlayStation platforms, the story takes place twenty years after modern civilization has been destroyed. Joel (Pascal), a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle Ellie (Game of Thrones‘ Bella Ramsey), a 14-year-old girl, out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival.

Pascal’s Joel, tormented by past trauma and failure, must trek across a pandemic-ravaged America, all the while protecting a girl who represents the last hope of humanity.

This marks a homecoming for Pascal who became a household name with his role as Oberyn Martell on HBO’s mega hit Game Of Thrones.

Pascal currently stars in Disney+’s hugely popular and acclaimed series The Mandalorian, which recently received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Drama Series. He will continue on the Star Wars series, where he is used sparingly because of the nature of his character, though The Last Of Us has him in first position.

The actor recently became available for a new series, attracting multiple big offers from top premium networks and streamers, opting to do The Last Of Us.

Pascal is coming off starring as the villain, Max Lord, in Wonder Woman 1984. The Narcos and Kingsman: The Golden Circle star is currently in production on Judd Apatow’s The Bubble for Netflix. He is repped by WME, Anonymous Content and Jackoway Austen Tyerman.

Kantemir Balagov is directing the pilot episode of The Last Of Us, a co-production with with Sony Pictures Television. PlayStation Productions, Word Games, The Mighty Mint, and Naughty Dog.

Druckmann and Mazin write and executive produce; Carolyn Strauss (Game of Thrones, Chernobyl) also executive produces along with Naughty Dog president Evan Wells alongside Asad Qizilbash and Carter Swan of PlayStation Productions.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-star-as-ellie
    Bella Ramsey, perhaps best known for her breakout role as the fierce Lyanna Mormont in HBO’s Game of Thrones, is reuniting with the cabler to star in The Last of Us, the company’s adaptation of the hit video game.

Craig Mazin, who created HBO’s acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is penning the script and executive producing with Neil Druckmann, the writer and creative director of the game. Russian filmmaker Kantemir Balagov, the Cannes darling behind 2019 drama Beanpole, has been tapped to direct the pilot.

One person not involved with the show is former True Detective star Mahershala Ali, whom geek websites on Wednesday had pegged as having an offer. Ali did circle a role, say sources, but a deal ever came to fruition.

Last of Us, from Sony and game developer Naughty Dog, took the world by storm when it was released in 2013, winning numerous game of the year awards and going on to sell more than 17 million copies across both its original release on the PlayStation 3 and re-release on the PlayStation 4. The game’s popularity has only grown since.

The story, set 20 years after modern civilization has been destroyed, centers on the relationship between Joel, a smuggler in this new world, and Ellie, a teenager who may be the key to a cure for a deadly pandemic. Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle the 14-year-old girl out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey as they traverse the U.S. and depend on each other for survival.

Ramsey will play Ellie, a 14-year-old orphan who has never known anything but a ravaged planet and who struggles to balance her instinct for anger and defiance with her need for connection and belonging … as well as the newfound reality that she may be the key to saving the world.

The series is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television. PlayStation Productions, Word Games, The Mighty Mint and game developer Naughty Dog produce. Also executive producing are Carolyn Strauss, Naughty Dog’s Evan Wells, and Asad Qizilbash and Carter Swan of PlayStation Productions.

Ramsey, 17, skyrocketed to fame after her fierce portrayal of Lyanna Mormont in HBO's Emmy-winning fantasy drama Game of Thrones. The role marked her acting debut. She's repped by Conway van Gelder Grant and Gang Tyre.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We got our Joel and Ellie. Let's roll baby!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm good. Just give Pedro some facial hair and make him a little more grizzled and he's all set.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast