Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest #7 - Horn of Eld

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CPU the second one is awesome.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CPU View Post
    Anywho's I eventually decided it might be cool to show the battle of Jericho Hill and have Cuthbert dropping the horn as he is taken out. To bad an arrow in the eye looks really lame when rendered in 3D so I left out the arrow..

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Corey! I love the picture with Cuthbert dropping the horn! Awesome!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Corey, that is just awesome. What programs did you use for it?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brice
    Thanks man. My current pipeline is a combination of Cheetah 3d for the modeling of the pipe, er Horn of Eld. Then I used Bryce 6.1 + Daz Studio (which is free!) to setup and render the 3D scene. Finally I used Photoshop Elements to add the blood splatter

I really like the other entries, I wish I could actually draw

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brice
    Thanks man. My current pipeline is a combination of Cheetah 3d for the modeling of the pipe, er Horn of Eld. Then I used Bryce 6.1 + Daz Studio (which is free!) to setup and render the 3D scene. Finally I used Photoshop Elements to add the blood splatter

Thanks! I just downloaded the DAZ program and an older and free version of Bryce to play around with.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, if you like Daz let me know and I can probably supply you with some additional content for it..

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

CPU, thats awesome.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I really like the other entries, I wish I could actually draw
    ditto
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I'm falling behind!!!!!

These things pop up faster then I can draw!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, if you like Daz let me know and I can probably supply you with some additional content for it..
    I sure will. Thanks alot!

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by boehmke View Post
    I'm falling behind!!!!!

These things pop up faster then I can draw!
    I was wondering about that. I'll try and space them out a little more. I'm going to give you all a little break after these two - this cold is kicking my ass.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice aurora is on a distinguished road aurora's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any chance this one will get extended? I have it started and progressing but alas time is so dang limited to me. I may very well get a finished image by the 16th but it won't be the best I can do in that time.
    Speaking of which what is the policy on showing WIP's?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You can show WIP's if you want, you just need to make sure you're clear that it's not your final so I know which one to use. If you don't post a new one I'll use the last one you posted.

And I will extend the contest 1 week. New ending date is March 23, 2008.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking forward to seeing your work, aurora. It'll be nice to see a properly modelled horn

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Indeed, I am very much looking forward to seeing it too.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys I just hope I live up to expectations. Between health issues, work and drowning in class work I have had so little time to work on anything fun like this. But I will post some sort of WIP here before todays over. I've had to really dial the scope of this one back compared to my original draft sketches. Maybe I can come back and visit this one better later along with another piece I have planned dealing with the Guns.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

aurora - if your av is any indication, i'm sure even your WIP will be cool-looking!

Country
    Country Flag

Just in case I don't get the chance to come back later tonight heres my first WIP for this.

Concept: Due to immense lack of time I have to keep this simple. The concept is simply to model the Horn, place it on a rock symbolizing a marker of Cuthbert, but only in my head, covered in Ivy. I'll throw in a Rose since the Rose is so dang important to the Dark Tower series.

Background, still working on what this should be. I had a complex scene drafted out but alas due to lack of time I will be making this ultimately simple. So I'll either just do a sunset scene with a ivy and grass covered plane or if time permits I'll include the ivy/grass covered ground fading into the scarlet fields of Can'-Ka No Rey and a DF blurred Tower in the far background and the spiraling clouds and beams radiating away from it.

NOTE: This is just a Modeler screen shot of what I have so far. All those messy round looking polys are actually the ivy leaves which will become clearer when I do a real render with the clip mapped leaf images. Trust me it looks good.

Please comments on this are most wanted. I don't really care so much about winning as I do producing something you guys will like. Meaning if you have something cool you think should be in here or I'm screwing something up please shout it out. I say this because this is just simply the way I'm used to seeing art challenges ran. I have refrained from commenting only because I was not sure how open these challenges are to helping each other out and how sensitive people are to crits (good as well as helpful).

WIP - Mar 11 08

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is an amazing start aurora, I'm very impressed.

One of the best assets this site has is this amazing art done by fans. Thanks for taking the time to put something out here.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great aurora. How'd you end up doing the strap? I started to create a chain, but replicating the individual links and then getting them to react to physics was driving me crazy I also just extruded a simple spline, but it was looking way to artificial (and fubar'd) so I gave up.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't dare to stop aurora. Keep on working.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys and no frets I'm just worried this one won't be worthy especially with some of the others I'm working on and/or have planned.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats really good

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast