Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Movie List

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List

1. Uncut Gems
    2. Freaks
    3. The Grudge (2020)
    4. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
    5. Little Women
    6. Downsizing
    7. The King (Netflix)
    8. John Wick 3 Parabellum
    9. Underwater
    10. Crawl
    11. Bombshell
    12. Like A Boss
    13. 1917
    14. Parasite
    15. Shazam!
    16. In Her Shoes
    17. Her Smell
    18. The Turning
    19. Joker*
    20. Gretel & Hansel
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Becca, you're the only one I've seen who has seen The Turning? Were you as put off by the ending as I was?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    1. Virus
    2. The Thing
    3. They Live
    4. The Village of the Damned
    5. Vampires
    6. Underworld
    7. Underworld Evolution
    8. Underworld Rise of the Lycans
    9. Underworld Awakening
    10. Underworld Blood Wars
    11. Resident Evil
    12. Resident Evil Apocalypse
    13. Resident Evil Extinction
    14. Resident Evil Afterlife
    15. Resident Evil Retribution
    16. Resident Evil Final Chapter
    17. 2001 A Space Odyssey
    18. 2010 The Year We Make Contact
    19. Midsommar
    20. Split
    I must admit, I kinda love 2010. I watched it earlier this year, and enjoyed it way more than I thought I would - and I already considered it a good movie.

It gets a lot of flak for supposedly cheapening or undermining the mystery of the original, and I kind of get that. But I see it more as its own thing, a revisiting of the same themes. Plus the source material was written by Clarke, which gives it legitimacy as a sequel, in my mind.

Not to mention the performances are excellent, and the special effects (largely) hold up.

HBJ
    It's a totally legitimate sequel. I'm glad the "Oh my god, it's full of stars" finally made it into the movie. That would've been the perfect line to end 2001 with. I don't understand why it wasn't included.

2010 isn't quite as, err, majestic, as 2001 but it's pretty close.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Becca, you're the only one I've seen who has seen The Turning? Were you as put off by the ending as I was?
    Yes! First it strayed very far from the source material which I wasn't expecting. But the "WTF just happened ending" made me dislike a movie that I was liking most of the way thru.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Apparently the second season of The Haunting of Hill House (The Haunting of Bly Manor) is an adaptation of Turn of the Screw. I'm just going to wait for that.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    But the "WTF just happened ending" made me dislike a movie that I was liking most of the way thru.
    Agreed! It really was a WTF ending. It's like it was missing the last ten minutes or something. I can't believe the studio gave them the green light to release that version. I can't imagine test audiences being satisfied with it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Apparently the second season of The Haunting of Hill House (The Haunting of Bly Manor) is an adaptation of Turn of the Screw. I'm just going to wait for that.
    Yeah, I believe I read they're taking a lot of the author's stories and incorporating them into the season.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List

1. The Nightingale
    2. Underwater
    3. Just Mercy
    4. Little Women
    5. Pain and Glory
    6. 1917
    7. Bad Boys For Life
    8. Under the Silver Lake
    9. Frozen II
    10. The Gentleman
    11. Official Secrets
    12. Risky Business
    13. Come Back to the Five & Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean
    14. Luce
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Past Years

New Films

1. 1917 *****
    2. Weathering With You *****

Rewatches

1. A Light Beneath Their Feet
    2. The Monster
    3. Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood
    4. Take Shelter
    5. Parasite
    6. Joker
    7. 1917

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

1. Virus
    2. The Thing
    3. They Live
    4. The Village of the Damned
    5. Vampires
    6. Underworld
    7. Underworld Evolution
    8. Underworld Rise of the Lycans
    9. Underworld Awakening
    10. Underworld Blood Wars
    11. Resident Evil
    12. Resident Evil Apocalypse
    13. Resident Evil Extinction
    14. Resident Evil Afterlife
    15. Resident Evil Retribution
    16. Resident Evil Final Chapter
    17. 2001 A Space Odyssey
    18. 2010 The Year We Make Contact
    19. Midsommar
    20. Split

21. Red
    22. Red 2
    23. Triple Threat
    24. The Ridiculous 6

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Knives Out !!!
    The Farewell !!!
    Jumanji: Next Level !!!
    1917 !!!!!
    Judy !! (great performance by RZ)
    Just Mercy !!!!!
    Lighthouse -!!!!! (negative 5 if it is a thing)
    Last Christmas !!!!!
    Gretel & Hansel !!!
    Playin' With Fire !!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List

1. Uncut Gems
    2. Freaks
    3. The Grudge (2020)
    5. Little Women
    6. Downsizing
    7. The King (Netflix)
    9. Underwater
    10. Crawl
    11. Bombshell
    12. Like A Boss
    13. 1917
    14. Parasite
    15. Shazam!
    16. In Her Shoes
    17. Her Smell
    18. The Turning
    19. Joker*
    20. Gretel & Hansel
    21. The Gentlemen
    22. 2020 Oscar Nominated Animated Shorts

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Knives Out !!!
    2. The Farewell !!!
    3. Jumanji: Next Level !!!
    4. 1917 !!!!!
    5. Judy !! (great performance by RZ)
    6. Just Mercy !!!!!
    7. Lighthouse -!!!!! (negative 5 if it is a thing)
    8. Last Christmas !!!!!
    9. Gretel & Hansel !!!
    10. Playin' With Fire !!!
    11. Parasite !!!!!
    12. The Gentlemen !!!!
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved The Gentlemen! I want a Toddlers spinoff.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree. They were fun
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List

2020 List:

Spectre
    Mara
    The Hole in the Ground
    Malevolent
    Judy
    The Turning
    The Irishman
    Jojo Rabbit
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood*
    Parasite

*re-watch
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List

1. Uncut Gems
    2. Freaks
    3. The Grudge (2020)
    5. Little Women
    6. Downsizing
    7. The King (Netflix)
    9. Underwater
    10. Crawl
    11. Bombshell
    12. Like A Boss
    13. 1917
    14. Parasite
    15. Shazam!
    16. In Her Shoes
    17. Her Smell
    18. The Turning
    19. Joker*
    20. Gretel & Hansel
    21. The Gentlemen
    23. The Little Stranger

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Knives Out !!!
    2. The Farewell !!!
    4. 1917 !!!!!
    6. Just Mercy !!!!!
    8. Last Christmas !!!!!
    9. Gretel & Hansel !!!
    11. Parasite !!!!!
    12. The Gentlemen !!!!
    13. The Good Liar !!!
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

2020 List
    1. Doctor Who (1996)
    2. 2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984)
    3. Good Night and Good Luck (2005)
    4. Savage Dawn (1985)
    5. Angel (1984)
    6. Sphere ( 1998 )
    7. Beyond the Seventh Door (1987)
    8. Amok Train (aka Beyond the Door III) (1989)
    9. Beyond Evil (1980)
    10. Armageddon: The Final Challenge (1994)
    11. Starship (1984)
    12. Alien Space Avenger ( 1988 )
    13. Tron: Legacy (2010)
    14. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
    15. Red Scorpion ( 1988 )
    16. Jupiter Ascending (2015)
    17. Caddyshack (1980)
    18. Kingpin (1996)
    19. Troy (Director's Cut) (2004)

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List

1. Uncut Gems
    2. Freaks
    3. The Grudge (2020)
    5. Little Women
    6. Downsizing
    7. The King (Netflix)
    9. Underwater
    10. Crawl
    11. Bombshell
    12. Like A Boss
    13. 1917
    14. Parasite
    15. Shazam!
    16. In Her Shoes
    17. Her Smell
    18. The Turning
    19. Joker*
    20. Gretel & Hansel
    21. The Gentlemen
    23. The Little Stranger
    24. The Peanut Butter Falcon

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Peanut Butter Falcon is the best one you watched so far IMHO
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Knives Out !!!
    2. The Farewell !!!
    4. 1917 !!!!!
    6. Just Mercy !!!!!
    8. Last Christmas !!!!!
    9. Gretel & Hansel !!!
    11. Parasite !!!!!
    12. The Gentlemen !!!!
    13. The Good Liar !!!
    14. Midway !!!
    15. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood !!!
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that I've posted the rest of my hidden gems, I can update this lol. Didn't want to spoil anything on there as I rewatched a chunk of the top 10 to do those write ups. I already spoiled two earlier.

Past Years

New Films

1. 1917 *****
    2. Weathering With You *****
    3. The Clovehitch Killer *****
    4. Uncut Gems ****

Rewatches

1. A Light Beneath Their Feet
    2. The Monster
    3. Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood
    4. Take Shelter
    5. Parasite
    6. Joker
    7. 1917
    8. Maudie
    9. Wuthering Heights (2012)
    10. For Ellen
    11. Uncle John
    12. The Miseducation of Cameron Post

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List

1. Uncut Gems
    2. Freaks
    3. The Grudge (2020)
    5. Little Women
    6. Downsizing
    7. The King (Netflix)
    9. Underwater
    10. Crawl
    11. Bombshell
    12. Like A Boss
    13. 1917
    14. Parasite
    15. Shazam!
    16. In Her Shoes
    17. Her Smell
    18. The Turning
    19. Joker*
    20. Gretel & Hansel
    21. The Gentlemen
    23. The Little Stranger
    24. The Peanut Butter Falcon
    25. The Lodge
    26. Birds of Prey

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

How was The Lodge? It opened up in very few theaters around here.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    How was The Lodge? It opened up in very few theaters around here.
    I loved it. I didn’t know anything about it going in so don’t want to spoil it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast