Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Book List

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2020 Book List

2020 Book List

Past years Links

Books
    1. Neuromancer (audiobook) - William Gibson
    (started 12/20/19, finished 1/07/19 )
    2. The Underground Railroad - Colson Whitehead
    (started 11/20/19, finished 1/11/20 )
    3. Citizen of the Galaxy (audiobook) - Robert Heinlein
    (started 1/07/20 , finished 1/20/20 )
    4. The Partner (audiobook) - John Grisham
    (started 1/20/20, finished 2/14/20 )
    5. I Heard You Paint Houses: Frank "the Irishman" Sheeran and Closing the Case on Jimmy Hoffa - Charles Brandt
    (started 2/20/20, finished 02/29/20 )
    6. Hyperion - Dan Simmons
    (started 1/12/20, finished 3/27/20 )
    7. The Blade Itself - Joe Abercrombie
    (started 3/01/20, finished 4/13/20 )
    8. Doctor Sleep - Stephen King
    (started 3/06/20, finished 4/16/20 )
    9. Gardens of the Moon (ebook)- Steven Erikson
    (started 4/16/20, finished 4/22/20 )
    10. Full Throttle - Joe Hill
    (started 1/11/20, finished 4/24/20 )
    11. Permanent Record (ebook)- Edward Snowden
    (started 4/16/20, finished 5/07/20 )
    12. The Stand: Complete & Uncut Edition - Stephen King
    (started 4/25/20, finished 5/26/20 )
    13. Killing Pablo - Mark Bowden
    (started 5/22/20, finished 5/31/20 )
    14. The Ashes of Waco: An Investigation - Dick Revis
    (started 5/26/20, finished 9/09/20 )
    15. Devil in the Grove: Thurgood Marshall, the Groveland Boys, and the dawn of a new America - Gilbert King
    (started 6/12/20, finished 6/15/20 )
    16. Sag Harbor - Colson Whitehead
    (started 6/07/20, finished 6/19/20)
    17. A Place Called Waco: A Survivor's Story - David Thibodeau & Leon Whiteson
    (started 6/12/20, finished 7/10/20 )
    18. Between the World and Me - Ta-Nehisi Coates
    (started 6/11/20, finished 7/14/20)
    19. Before They Are Hanged - Joe Abercrombie
    (started 6/09/20, finished 8/13/20)
    20. I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer - Michelle McNamara
    (started 8/13/20, finished 8/31/20 )
    21. Chasing the Light: Writing, Directing and Surviving Platoon, Midnight Express, Scarface, Salvador, and the Movie Game - Oliver Stone
    (started 9/05/20, finished 9/14/20 )
    22. Too Much and Never enough: How my Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man - Mary L. Trump, PhD.
    (started 9/14/20, finished 9/18/20 )
    23. Stalling for Time: My Life as an FBI Hostage Negotiator - Gary Noesner
    (started 9/19/20, finished 9/26/20 )
    24. Rage - Bob Woodward
    (started 10/21/20, finished 11/02/20 )
    25. City of Bones - Michael Connelly
    (started 11/05/20, finished 11/09/20 )
    26. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever: Lord Foul's Bane - Stephen R. Donaldson
    (started 9/01/20, finished 11/29/20 )
    27. Last Argument of Kings - Joe Abercrombie
    (started 10/06/20, finished 12/07/20 )
    28. Void Moon - Michael Connelly
    (started 12/07/20, finished 12/14/20 )

Comics

Anthologies

In Progress

Stand on Zanzibar - John Brunner
    (started 12/16/20, finished 12/00/20 )
    Best Served Cold - Joe Abercrombie
    (started 12/17/20, finished 12/00/20 )
    Deadhouse Gates (ebook)- Steven Erikson (re-started 6/00/20, finished )
    The Guns of August - Barbara Tuchman (re-started 6/00/20, finished )
    Black Leopard Red Wolf - Marlon James (re-started 6/00/20, finished )
    Last edited by Lookwhoitis; 01-01-2021 at 08:40 AM.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

01. Periphery - Michael Winter
    02. Different Seasons - Stephen King *
    03. Rosemary's Baby - Ira Levin
    04. The Shuddering - Ania Ahlborn
    05. Gwendy's Button Box - Stephen King & Richard Chizmar

(* reread)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

1. Jimmy the Freak - Charles Colyott and Mark Steensland
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2019 Book List

2020 Book List
    1. After Midnight by Richard Laymon
    2. Of Foster Homes and Flies by Chad Lutzke (currently reading)
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

2. Woman in White - Kristen Dearborn
    3. The Castle of Otranto - Horace Walpole

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

1. Baoshu - The Redemption of Time

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Any good?
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Any good?
    The Goodreads rating of 3.6 is right. The book ended up being more fantasy than SF. I really can't say more about what that means without ruining the story. There were a few parts where the "unexplainable science = magic" theory was reaaaaally stretching that idea.

It was nice to return to that world but it's not mandatory reading at all.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Stand (audio) SK/Grover Gardner 5/4
    2. Diary of a Madman - Guy de Maupassant (5)
    3. For Whom the Bell Tolls - Hemingway (5)
    Sloth Love Chunk

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2. Of Foster Homes and Flies by Chad Lutzke
    3. The Pale White by Chad Lutzke
    4. Bone White by Ronald Malfi
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

How was Bone White? I plan on starting that one soon.

Country
    Country Flag

It’s decent but it didn’t blow me away. It has a lot of atmosphere and tension building but there could have been more of a payoff.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

2. Steve Rasnic Tem - Everything Is Fine Now
    3. Norman Prentiss - In the Best Stories...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    It’s decent but it didn’t blow me away. It has a lot of atmosphere and tension building but there could have been more of a payoff.
    That's a bit of a bummer. Hopefully I'll enjoy it. I picked it up to read last winter but never got around to it.

How are the Chad Lutzke books? He's been on my radar for awhile but haven't picked one up yet.

Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed 'Of Foster Homes and Flies', it's pretty macabre but also a touching coming of age of story. 'The Pale White' didn't do much for me.

My Collection

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So far this year as of 2/25/20

1. The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein
    2. Finding Chika, by Mitch Albom
    3. The Timekeeper, by Mitch Albom
    4. The Dead Room, (Trilogy Book 1) by SM Erikson
    5. Princess of Death, Curse of the Pirate (book 1), by Courtney Pearson
    6. Go Set A Watchman, Harper Lee
    7. Damage and Dread, by Kevin Quigley
    8. We're All In This Together, by Owen King
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I really enjoyed 'Of Foster Homes and Flies', it's pretty macabre but also a touching coming of age of story. 'The Pale White' didn't do much for me.
    Thanks! That's one that I've been looking at. I'll add it to my list.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Past Year Links:

2020:
    1. A Small Town in Germany, by John le Carré
    2. Natchez Burning, by Greg Iles
    3. I am Legend, by Richard Matheson
    4. Seed, by Ania Ahlborn (currently reading)

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

4. T.E.D. Klein - The Ceremonies

2. Woman in White - Kristen Dearborn
    3. The Castle of Otranto - Horace Walpole
    4. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
    5. Voices in the Snow - Darcy Coates
    6. Salems Lot - Stephen King
    7. Hazards of Time Travel - Joyce Carol Oates

Country
    Country Flag

5. Brian Keene - Urban Gothic

1. Kentaro Miura - Berserk deluxe Vol. 2
    2. Sergio Toppi - The Collected Toppi Vol. 2: North America
    3. Cullen Bunn - Bone Parish Vol. 1

Past Year Links:

2020:
    1. A Small Town in Germany, by John le Carré
    2. Natchez Burning, by Greg Iles
    3. I am Legend, by Richard Matheson
    4. Seed, by Ania Ahlborn
    5. Ayoade on Top, by Richard Ayoade
    6. The Bone Tree, by Greg Iles (currently reading)
    HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

2. Of Foster Homes and Flies by Chad Lutzke
    3. The Pale White by Chad Lutzke
    4. Bone White by Ronald Malfi
    5. When Darkness Loves Us by Elizabeth Engstrom
    6. Ghoul by Brian Keene

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

5. Brian Keene - Urban Gothic
    6. William Ollie - Killercon
    7. Philip K. Dick - Valis
    8. Gene Wolfe - Empires of Foliage and Flower

1. Kentaro Miura - Berserk deluxe Vol. 2
    2. Sergio Toppi - The Collected Toppi Vol. 2: North America
    3. Cullen Bunn - Bone Parish Vol. 1
    4. Warren Ellis - Cemetery Beach

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1. A Head Full Of Ghosts - Paul Tremblay
    2. On Writing - Stephen King (reread)
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast