Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Collecting Goals

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2020 Collecting Goals

You know I love these threads so let's start with 2020 now.

Depending on my working situation I might be more conservative but it'll depend on my job conditions through 2020.

* The Plant #3 unsigned
    * The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Proof with Letter by King.
    * The Gunslinger 1st Grant
    * If it Bleeds US proof
    * If it Bleeds UK proof
    * At least 1 of the 19th 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing
    * At least 1 of the 17 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing.
    * At least 1 of the 19 promo items I'm after.
    * At least 1 more book signed by King of the 43 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 S/L KING books of the 11 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 S/L non-King book that has his signature out of the 30 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 of the four annuary books I'm missing.
    * At least 1 of the two Kingdom Hospital Scripts written by King I'm missing.
    * At least 5 of the 102 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 1 of the 30 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 1 of the 165 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * The only Spanish edition I'm missing.

Grail list:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3 big ones:
    1) PS Carrie Letter (preferment of letter G)
    2) As flawless as I can 2nd state Salem’s
    3) Dystopia letter

I have many others I want but If one of those crossed my path in 2020
    I’d be So happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Different Seasons - Suntup signed & numbered edition with artist remarque

Spoiler:
    pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

My goals are suuuuper simple:

Whatever Suntup numbered editions I can snag. Maybe a King?

All the books I have coming from CD.

The two lettered editions I have coming from DRP.

The rest of the Series 3 Little Books including the promised King installment.

The other two SST Lansdale Collections and whatever else Paul has cookin’.

All of these are my current income goals. If income drastically improves I’ll hunt out a Numbered Suntup Misery.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

My goals are pretty simple, or should be:
    Cycle of the Werewolf 1st
    Pretty much anything S/L (as long as I can swing it money-wise).

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

King goals are pretty simple:
    - Gunslinger S/L
    - Gunslinger 2nd printing (1984)
    - nice copy of NEL IT Collectors Edition PB
    - UK S/L, trades, and WHSmith/Waterstones editions of new King books.

I may divest myself of a few King S/Ls this year. Not getting out of the game, just focusing a bit more.

Non-King goals is a much longer list. Some specific Lettered editions (see my sig). More Suntup. Specific forthcoming titles from small publishers that have been announced by not yet preorderable.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Besides Suntup, who knows. I would like to try and finish my 1st/1st set. As for S\L My dream books are Salem's Lot, and The Green Mile. Plus a 2nd state Salems'. I have given up on Misery. After that, who knows. I sort of go with the wind.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 03-14-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to get a Night Shift 1st/1st even though I need all the Doubleday. That book and Salem's Lot were my first two King reads in the late '70s and they both hold special places in my heart. I'd also like to get the CD Doubleday books as I missed them because I wasn't collecting for a few years. Anything else I get will probably be whatever deals happen when they happen.

Picked up the CD Doubledays.
    Last edited by Aremag; 03-14-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Christine s/l
    Eyes of the Dragon S/L

Oh and Black House S/L no 24 if it ever surfaces

Again, maybe one of these in 2020, around Q3

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The only goal I'm setting for this year is AFTER I'm done paying off the CUJO DRE in May I will be looking for an inscribed Night Shift 1/1 That's the only book I need to have my personal Top 5 King's signed.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My top want for 2020 is the same as last year: a signed first edition of IT. Other than that I will continue to fill holes in the signed first edition collection as things turn up on the market. Happy New Year everyone.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

If It Bleeds US 1st Unsigned
    If It Bleeds US 1st Signed
    If It Bleeds GE (if made)
    If It Bleeds SL (if made)
    The missing volume from my Dark Tower S/L set
    Any of the six missing books needed to complete my US Signed 1st Collection

And of course....I hope to receive the items already paid for and on order (CD The Stand GE, CD Night Shift GE, CD Slipcase for The Institute, LP Revival GE).
    Last edited by tippy4; 10-17-2020 at 06:21 PM.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

2nd state Salem's Lot (otw)
    Firestarter S/L (otw)
    Rage US
    3 more inscribed 1st/1st-one being The Stand
    2 of 1st/1st UK's I need
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1: 1st/1st Carrie
    2: 1st/1st Night Shift
    3: Lettered Blockade Billy
    4: 1 PS lettered edition
    5: all new SK limited editions sold in 2020
    6: at least 1 portfolio I am missing

Stretch goal:

one of the following:

a) Misery Lettered
    b) Gunslinger Lettered
    c) Regulators Lettered
    d) Firestarter Lettered
    e) The Plant set (or even just 1)
    f) TNLR
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The number one goal for 2020 collecting is to stay healthy enough to keep collecting. I know I'll have to have surgery again, but if I can keep the hole/ulcer from getting too big, I can postpone the surgery perhaps until next January. I have a few things working but I won't say anything until everything has been finalized. Here are some specifics, though.

1) Find another 15 signed books to top 250. Done
    2) Would like to find 40-50 proofs -- starting from zero again, I hope I can make it happen. Done. Up to 111 proofs and more on the way.
    3) Replace the missing numbered books that I sold for no good reason in 2016 and 2017. I think I'm down to needing 5-7 right now. I found four so there are a couple left.
    4) Finding Fine bookcases for my German books -- Sie, Duddits, Nebel, etc. No luck - work to do!
    5) Stay healthy!!! So far, so good!

Fingers crossed.
    John
    Last edited by Johnny007; 12-24-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How about staying alive?

Funnily enough, I re-registered to the gym after not going for a year. And that same week, the country is on lockdown....
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Traveler Gaffa is on a distinguished road Gaffa's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My main goal is completing the DT S/L set. I have books 3-9 as S/L (not matching numbers, though) but my Gunslinger is only an as-new second edition and my DotT is a 1st signed by Hale.
    I do have another full set, comprised of the Grant gift set of the first three (3rd, 2nd 1st), a Grant 1st of W & G, and Grant artist editions of 5-9.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Green Mile in hand, maybe another one of my wants on the way.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    3 big ones:
    3) Dystopia letter

I’d be So happy!

Top three now changed.
    1) fine as I can find Shining 1st
    2) fine Salem’s 2nd
    3) Roman Salem’s

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    How about staying alive?

Funnily enough, I re-registered to the gym after not going for a year. And that same week, the country is on lockdown....
    Of course, I think that's a given for everyone. And I should have been more clear when I said staying healthy.

I've been relegated to my bed for 3-4 months in each of the last 2 summers due to surgeries to repair a Stage IV sacral ulcer. I missed 1,000 hours of work last year and 600 hours the previous year. The ulcer reappeared last December but it is only a fraction of what it was. I need more surgery but by staying healthy (the ulcer doesn't get bigger, I don't get anything else that keeps me away from work), I can earn Sick Leave and Annual Leave so that I'll still get paid once I finally have the surgery. Hoping to stay healthy until surgery in January, 2021. Hope that clears up any confusion regarding my words "staying healthy."

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

3 big ones:
    3) Dystopia letter

I’d be So happy!

Top three now changed.
    1) fine as I can find Shining 1st
    2) fine Salem’s 2nd
    3) Roman Salem’s

Going rate for a Black Roman Salem's is now $14,000

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I found the only book in Spanish I was missing and won the auction. It might take a while to arrive since the seller is in Madrid and aparently has Coronavirus, so I told him we can wait...like a month or two.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Well, I found the only book in Spanish I was missing and won the auction. It might take a while to arrive since the seller is in Madrid and aparently has Coronavirus, so I told him we can wait...like a month or two.
    Does it come with a bottle of hand sanitizer?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha! For now I'd prefer it doesn't bring the virus in the paper, if that's possible
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You mean that there are books you dont have?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast