Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jerusalem's Lot ("Chapelwaite") on Epix

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, regardless of whether this is a good series or not, am I crazy or are any of you getting sick of the "Streaming Barrage"? I mean, help me, Rhonda, HBO MAX, Hulu, Apple, Amazon, Disney, Netflix, Peacock, and now Epix (and I'm sure I missed a few in there)!!! How are you supposed to subscribe for all this shit? I already pay $100+ per month for "Directv" (I also get the NFL and MLB packages), Netflix (from my daughter), Amazon (I Pay), Disney+ (I pay for me and the grandkids) add in the cost of broadband and you're looking AT A NICE CAR PAYMENT EVERY MONTH FOR THIS STUFF!!! LORD HELP US ALL!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    …am I crazy or are any of you getting sick of the "Streaming Barrage"?…How are you supposed to subscribe for all this shit?
    You’re not crazy and yes I am; I’m waiting for the industry to settle into a form that allows the providers to monetize in a way that isn't prohibitive to the average viewer.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon is apparently trying to buy MGM for 9 billions
    MGM owns or is a partial-owner of Epix, so it could end up being owned by Amazon... but probably not before the summer

Otherwise, I agree with you.
    Too many platforms. Everybody wants their slice of the cake. But not all the streaming platforms are Netflix or Disney. It's going to end up that people are using the trial or using alternate ways to watch the series.

I personnally don't have a TV, so don't pay the tv licence. I only have the internet and Netflix ( and Apple TV because I got 1 year for free with my new phone but will cancel it, and Amazon Prime Video because it's free being a Prime member), and that's it. I don't see the point of the other platforms frankly. Why should I care about having 200 channels when I have the internet and already all the content I need?

The one that really tempts me is Youtube Premium. Because I work constantly with Youtube Music in the background. And my wife and I watch a lot of stuff on Youtube. There are adblockers for computers, but on phone it's annoying to listen to a podcast and have an ad every 5 minutes.... so this one is tempting.... but I cant be bothered paying 20 euros per month for this
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, Epix is just an actual TV channel so your DirecTV package might already have it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    …am I crazy or are any of you getting sick of the "Streaming Barrage"?…How are you supposed to subscribe for all this shit?
    You’re not crazy and yes I am; I’m waiting for the industry to settle into a form that allows the providers to monetize in a way that isn't prohibitive to the average viewer.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Amazon is apparently trying to buy MGM for 9 billions
    MGM owns or is a partial-owner of Epix, so it could end up being owned by Amazon... but probably not before the summer

Otherwise, I agree with you.
    Too many platforms. Everybody wants their slice of the cake. But not all the streaming platforms are Netflix or Disney. It's going to end up that people are using the trial or using alternate ways to watch the series.

I personnally don't have a TV, so don't pay the tv licence. I only have the internet and Netflix ( and Apple TV because I got 1 year for free with my new phone but will cancel it, and Amazon Prime Video because it's free being a Prime member), and that's it. I don't see the point of the other platforms frankly. Why should I care about having 200 channels when I have the internet and already all the content I need?

The one that really tempts me is Youtube Premium. Because I work constantly with Youtube Music in the background. And my wife and I watch a lot of stuff on Youtube. There are adblockers for computers, but on phone it's annoying to listen to a podcast and have an ad every 5 minutes.... so this one is tempting.... but I cant be bothered paying 20 euros per month for this
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Bill, Epix is just an actual TV channel so your DirecTV package might already have it.
    I know, Mae but it's another $5.99 per month. I already subscribe to, HBO, Starz, TMC, Showtime, MLB Package and the NFL package. I have the premium package with DTV. I tried Epix during the free weekends and then for a couple months and it didn't seem worthy. The fact is that HBO/Starz/Showtime/TMC are all owned by one corporation and for the most part they just divy from the same pool of movies just at different times and what not. Only the original series seem sacred and protected from one another.

Have any of you noticed that there was a big shift at, Amazon Prime"? There seems to be a lot less "Included with Prime" movies and a shit load more rentals plus, a lot of films from the "Starz" catalogue/Channel. You got it right, St. Troy, sooner or later they will eventually gobble up most of the services and only a few streaming services will survive. Likely, Amazon, Netfliz and of course, Disney. I bet even the network services will be sold to the giants at somepoint.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First official poster and trailer => https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/367...ugust-trailer/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    First official poster and trailer => https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/367...ugust-trailer/
    Filmed in my home town. Been on set a few times... one of our 4 wheeler trails goes right by it. Its in an abandoned town that was bought out years ago by a mining company
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I just watched the first episode -- I'm intrigued.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Here's my series preview.

It's at least two episodes longer than necessary, maybe four, but I enjoyed it. If you don't mind a leisurely pace, there's lots to be enjoyed in it.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    ...his family of three children...
    The addition of children (of Charles Boone) is the first sign of possible adaptation trouble: the story didn't need "child concern" (is that a trope? if not, maybe it should be) to amp things up (nothing was wrong with Charles and Cal in a big house). Still, I liked what I saw of the expanded story in the trailer (nice to see Stevie from Schitt's Creek again), so I'm still somewhat optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    If you don't mind a leisurely pace, there's lots to be enjoyed in it.
    I don't (assuming it's not loaded down with the narrative equivalent of bread crumbs in meatballs).

Country
    Country Flag

I've watched the first four episods a few weeks ago and still haven't found the time to watch the remaining episods :s

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the production values and acting were decent. That is always a concern with a show set in an historical era. It's expensive to make the sets and costumes. The plot is a little slow, though. Nice to see "Stevie." It took me forever to place her out of context. The kids are good but used in a lazy woke way to highlight racial intolerance. A typical Hollywood ploy when they are out of ideas.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the vampire in episode 5. He really evoked a creepy throwback to the Barlow vampire from the 70s movie. It's unfortunate that they didn't stick to the main storyline here from King's story, but instead decided to interject a lot of Hollywood woke themed plots involving diversity and sexism. As though the 18th century was a hot bed of modern social activism.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...waite-season-2
    EPIX has confirmed that the second season of Donald De Line’s horror drama Chapelwaite is officially in development. This comes after three months since the Adrien Brody-led first season concluded its 10-episode run. The series is based on Stephen King’s iconic short story Jerusalem’s Lot.

“The second season continues as a terrifying re-imagining of the classic gothic horror that chronicles one family’s battle with an ancient and persistent evil. We will learn that the Boone curse didn’t die with Jakub, and despite Charles’s selfless act at the end of season one, De Vermis Mysteriis remains as powerful as ever, and as alluring to a new generation of vampires,” reads the synopsis.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone watch this through the season? Was it any good/worth watching?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    It would have been okay as a 2 hour movie but it dragged on and wasted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I went in with low expectations -- very low, to be honest -- and I was pleasantly surprised. It was quite good. Took the bones of the source material (reread the story--there's actually quite a bit there) and went in an interesting direction with it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Chapelwaite was one of the few King adaptations that succeeded despite significantly changing and adding to what the source material gave it - Chapelwaite is not the Jerusalem's Lot you know; it is a different, related, King-derived story. I suspected this might be the case going in; while I am suspicious of any King adaptation that changes as much as Chapelwaite did (adding a family, adding race as an issue - adding Stevie from Schitt's Creek!), the presence of Adrien Brody suggested there might be something good here (and, as usual, I was right).

I don't share the impressions of those who felt the season dragged or stretched things out in order to fill episodes; I think the layers of the story (there were more than I anticipated) unfolded naturally and gradually, as befitting a close-knit town surrounding a new family not prone to unnecessary speech. As a result of this approach, nothing - not the relationships, not the story progress, not the race issue - felt tacked-on or rushed.

...having dispensed with that sunshine, I don't feel good about season 2; I think the whole point of season 1 is lost if the story continues at all, and it becomes The Continuing Adventures of Vampiretown of Old Maine. I'll probably give it a chance, but I don't expect much.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    The kids are good but used in a lazy woke way to highlight racial intolerance. A typical Hollywood ploy when they are out of ideas.
    I agree about the Hollywood woke typicality etc. and therefore was leery of this going in, but I think Chapelwaite handled it well, in an understated way that didn't distract.

Because Hollywood sees race as a primary responsibility, it's often a focus and not a component of the story, heaped on and made a spectacle of (because white viewers need to be taught that they must stop being evil and yet will always be evil, dammit! - see the first episode of the final season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine for a fantastic example (to B99's credit, what was left of that episode was quite funny indeed)), forfeiting any chance at realism, whereas in Chapelwaite, it hung in the air like one ingredient in a layer of fog.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Has anyone heard anything about season 2? I can’t find any info.

I've heard that it's in development but hasn't been officially renewed, so it will be a while.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I've heard that it's in development but hasn't been officially renewed, so it will be a while.
    Thanks.

I'm surprised to hear that it hasn't officially been renewed; I thought that had been announced shortly after season one's final episode aired.

Country
    Country Flag

The original "in development report" was this : https://collider.com/chapelwaite-season-2-renewed-epix/

Same than Bev : all I heard and seen is that it's in development, not yet in production

Jason Filardi tweeted:

I'm afraid Captain Boone's story ends on that beach of weathered, Maine sand. There will be no season 2. Thank you to all the Chapelwaite fans!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2