Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2618

Thread: Other authors you collect

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. Doing the devil's advocate, I would ask if SS knew about it, or if it wasn't Bob that decided on his own to do this save time and avoid hassle
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Agreed. Doing the devil's advocate, I would ask if SS knew about it, or if it wasn't Bob that decided on his own to do this save time and avoid hassle
    My guess is that Dylan probably didn't have a clue. I don't see him as needing to rip off book buyers for a few extra bucks. This is all on S&S. Even if Dylan's folks were behind this, S&S shouldn't have allowed it. Who knows how many other celebs have also done the same thing without getting caught? S&S apparently didn't even try very hard to hide this since all the sigs were apparently identical. Some autopens can vary the signatures to make it more difficult.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    My guess is that Dylan probably didn't have a clue. I don't see him as needing to rip off book buyers for a few extra bucks. This is all on S&S. Even if Dylan's folks were behind this, S&S shouldn't have allowed it. Who knows how many other celebs have also done the same thing without getting caught? S&S apparently didn't even try very hard to hide this since all the sigs were apparently identical. Some autopens can vary the signatures to make it more difficult.
    Having said that, Dylan's explanation is pathetic. He needs five people to sign his name and this is all somehow related to COVID, but he still allowed them to be marketed at $600 as "hand signed"? Pathetic. LOL.

"In 2019 I had a bad case of vertigo and it continued into the pandemic years. It takes a crew of five working in close quarters with me to help enable these signing sessions, and we could not find a safe and workable way to complete what I needed to do while the virus was raging."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

But, at least, S&S refunded the buyers ;
    https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/simon-a...lan-signature/
    Yes, but only after they were caught. They would never have done this if it hadn't been discovered. Slimy to do it in the first place. Charging folks $600 for a book because it is "hand signed" when it was signed with an autopen is effectively fraud.
    Even in their apology they are full of shit. They say it's an original signature which is a straight up lie.

“As it turns out, the limited edition books do contain Bob’s original signature, but in a penned replica form.”

The signature is "original" and a replica.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Better tell Rick Deckard another replicant is loose!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"In 2019 I had a bad case of vertigo and it continued into the pandemic years. It takes a crew of five working in close quarters with me to help enable these signing sessions, and we could not find a safe and workable way to complete what I needed to do while the virus was raging."
    That's ridiculous. Why does he need other people to sign signature sheets?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

This is absolutely fraud. "Hand-signed" does not mean autopen. There were even a number of different autopenned variants (I read 17, I think?), so it's clear S&S were trying real hard not to get caught, thinking the fans wouldn't compare enough copies to see a duplicate.

S&S had no choice but to offer a full refund and let buyers keep the books, if only to avoid a lawsuit. They may still not avoid one.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

That's ridiculous. Why does he need other people to sign signature sheets?
    He is a celebrity. He needs an assistant to tell him where to go, another to pour his drink, a person to supply a pen, another to slide the book/signing sheet in front of him and someone to drive him home.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

"As you will see, fraud was the only viable alternative."
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    "As you will see, fraud was the only viable alternative."
    Don't you understand that the virus was "raging" and it was too dangerous for Dylan to sign his name? LOL. I give Dylan some credit. He has pulled a real burn on the hippie/folk crowd who worshipped him for decades. He spends his time sailing on a yacht down in the Caribbean and laughs his arse off at those types. Just read his prior book. He mocks his audience. Dylan is an old school capitalist.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't sure else to put this:
    https://www.ziesings.com/pages/books...a-lonely-place

Highly recommend.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Highly recommend.
    Nice. Important collection.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Highly recommend.
    I just bought the hardcover direct from Valancourt. They have the paperback a bit cheaper too with free shipping.

https://www.valancourtbooks.com/in-a...lace-1983.html

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have the hardcover from Scream already but the extra story is making me reconsider my own "no doubles" rule. Could you check in with a quick review when you receive the book? I'm wondering if Valancourt included the inner illustrations from the Scream Press edition.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

For all you Andy Weir completists out there:

https://www.eastonpress.com/signed-e...rid=1242949912
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    For all you Andy Weir completists out there:

https://www.eastonpress.com/signed-e...rid=1242949912
    Just not a fan of Easton Press's books - I don't like how they look, especially with ones with SIGNED EDITION on the spine. Maybe blasphemy to some . . .

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Every year I try to collect enough rewards points to treat myself at Christmas time. I'm currently halfway to this Shirley Jackson collection:
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/159853...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1

I have the Bradbury set already. Don't except a collectible quality from these editions; the paper is thin because it has to be and there are no illustrations. It sure looks pretty on the shelf though.

The PKD set looks nice too. So does the LeGuin set. And Anerican Noir. Oh boy, I think I might be in trouble.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Library of America definitely provides bang for the buck.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

I agree.
    I have their complete Vonnegut sets and have read every one of them cover to cover. I sort of like the thin, onion-skin-like pages.

Country
    Country Flag

New Thomas Liggoti collection:
    https://chiropterapress.com/collections/books

The book is actually even nicer. Chiroptera also did a Lee Brown Coye collection as he was local to Syracuse, NY.

The same person runs Cadabra who specialize in high end vinyl audio books by Lovecraft and similar.
    https://cadabrarecords.com/collections/h-p-lovecraft

I met the owner last night at a concert and got this signed broadside off him:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CbNf9Vwr...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't see a Frank Herbert thread, so I thought I'd put this here.

Anybody bite on the Earthling Pres Dune? It looks very well done, and Paul's books can be something else. But it's just out of my range with getting the Centipede ones.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

Get your freak on with this kickass anthology:
    https://camelotbooks.com/the-drive-i...m-edition.html

Country
    Country Flag

I miss Tom Piccirilli. I keep checking everywhere for a lost story but I think I'll have to be grateful for the books he has given us.

I have no regrets about selling off the most of my King collection, but I will never forgive myself for selling the signed Last Kind Words. We exchanged a few words on the defunct Horror Drive-In forum and a week later I received the book.

Country
    Country Flag

Get yourself a gift of inscribed Nathan Ballingrud. He's neck to neck with Fracassi* for the most exciting new(ish) voice in horror.
    https://www.malaprops.com/preorder-m...han-ballingrud

I got in while the going was good and ordered two inscribed books directly from Mr. Fracassi. Seemed like a nice guy and he even posted the books the very next day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 LastLast