Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Other authors you collect

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    He's got quite a few things up. I might snag one or two more.
    What's his ebay name?
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This arrived today:

I like De Sade...

From Wiki: "Much of his writing was done during his imprisonment. The term "sadism" is derived from his name."

PS: gguthrie ... mace37

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    He's got quite a few things up. I might snag one or two more.
    What's his ebay name?
    Yes. mace37 is the name.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, didn't quite catch it. Thanks
    Geoff

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

this category seemed the best place to put this, if not please feel free to move it.
    Does anyone here collect old mens magazines such as Penthouse and Playboy? I only ask because i was recently given about 25 of these magazines, almost all from the 70's (roughly 72 - 78) there are a 2 Playboys from 67 and 68. They are in ok shape for theier age, i really have no use for them, was going to tyr ebay with them but if anyone here collects them i will let them go pretty cheap.
    thanks
    Rusty

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A couple of more Garton items. Blood and Lace (written as Joseph Locke) and a comic contribution to Verotika. Both are signed by Ray.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I collect Edgar Allen Poe books (mostly collections of short stories).
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats NeedfulKings, very nice!
    ---
    William50, I will be very happy if you add some pics of your Poe books

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Vonnegut SIgned??

I know a few people have mentioned collecting Vonnegut but does anyone have any signed editions??

I was looking into getting a copy for my finace, she is a die-hard fan, and have found quite a few between $160-$400. Sound fair?

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ooooo inertia... pretty pit

i don't have any Vonnegut tho, sorry. welcome though!

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    this category seemed the best place to put this, if not please feel free to move it.
    Does anyone here collect old mens magazines such as Penthouse and Playboy? I only ask because i was recently given about 25 of these magazines, almost all from the 70's (roughly 72 - 78) there are a 2 Playboys from 67 and 68. They are in ok shape for theier age, i really have no use for them, was going to tyr ebay with them but if anyone here collects them i will let them go pretty cheap.
    thanks
    Rusty
    I collect the old ones with SK appearances in them. I'm not sure I could afford them right now, but if you're referring to any of those I'd be interested in seeing what you've got.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by inertia1215 View Post
    I know a few people have mentioned collecting Vonnegut but does anyone have any signed editions??

I was looking into getting a copy for my finace, she is a die-hard fan, and have found quite a few between $160-$400. Sound fair?
    There's a wide variety of S/L Vonnegut books out ther and an equally wide range of prices. I'd suggest checking out Easton Press, I believe they still have a few signed books available through their online catalog.
    (EP is a publisher of some pretty nice leather bound books.)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I'd suggest checking out Easton Press, I believe they still have a few signed books available through their online catalog.
    I actually like Easton Press. I bought the 13 volume Classics of Horror series and am very pleased with it. I've also got the 5 volume Vampire Chronicles series by Anne Rice. Pretty books. I wouldn't want a room full of them but a few strategically placed can really dress up a collection.

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    ooooo inertia... pretty pit

Thanks! Shes actually a Staffie, basically a cousin of the pit from the UK.

There's a wide variety of S/L Vonnegut books out ther and an equally wide range of prices. I'd suggest checking out Easton Press, I believe they still have a few signed books available through their online catalog.
    Thanks for the info, will look into EP!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I'd suggest checking out Easton Press, I believe they still have a few signed books available through their online catalog.
    I actually like Easton Press. I bought the 13 volume Classics of Horror series and am very pleased with it. I've also got the 5 volume Vampire Chronicles series by Anne Rice. Pretty books. I wouldn't want a room full of them but a few strategically placed can really dress up a collection.

Agreed. I also picked up the Vampire Chronicles and one or two others. They're a little "classical" looking for my tastes, but they are still very nice quality books to have in your collection.

Did you get the signed edition of Interview?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. I also picked up the Vampire Chronicles and one or two others. They're a little "classical" looking for my tastes, but they are still very nice quality books to have in your collection.

Did you get the signed edition of Interview?
    Yes, the first volume (Interview) is signed. I didn't think much about it at the time. It cost the same as the others, IIRC. Now the signed one has become quite the collector's item.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Easton books are fun to collect because they're which ones become collectible is so random at times...

The two s/l's by Tim Russert were going for crazy money upon his death (irrational prices...they can't maintain the value, because nobody will remember him five years from now)...but I sold my copy of them years ago because I've never liked him...

Some book by Winston Churchill's son goes for big money for some strange reason....then books I would expect to have a lot of value don't get much interest at all: Jerry Lewis, Lauren Bacall...

I have probably 200 Easton signed books, though I've only bought my subscriber copies for awhile...they look cool, and I figure worse case I'll get most of my money back if I have to sell.

Although...before the 2004 election I spent $350 for an s/l John Kerry book, which I now couldn't sell for anything...oh well...

And, I have all three John McCain s/ls, including the very rare "Faith of my Fathers"...Financially, it will be to my benefit if he wins....but for the sake of the country, I hope he doesn't! Haha

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    That's the way I am with Easton. I have about 15 of them. I buy them if it's the best edition available, and I'm happy with it. But I see no need to buy a lot (and they can be expensive).
    Geoff

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by inertia1215 View Post

There are 5 available, and if you ask, I bet they have one or two more that are not on the site.

http://www.eastonpressbooks.com/leat...?id=32&step=72
    Geoff

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i dont really collect anything except King, but there is a french popular author that i do appreciate a lot.
    And, as i know a guy which do bibliographies (i've supported him within the last weekson a french King bibliography that should be published soon), i did decide few months ago to work on a sort of bibliography (even more that that!) about the french author.

My 'book' is finished, and i plann to send it to the author before the end of the week, and I hope that he will appreciate it (maybe he'll write something for it? lol) and i'll try to publish it :-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Herb. Hope it gets published.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I have started collecting Cormac McCarthy.

I have a first of The Road and the proof. But his books aren't very easy to get. Not only are there fewer copies, but no one really knows him as well as one would know Stephen King. In addition. no one wants to sell - mainly because they might not know how valuable his stuff is.

A first edition of Blood Meridian is worth a nice penny. I collect McCarthy and I am still finding out that he did limited editions that I wasn't aware of before!

If anyone has info on McCarthy's limited editions - let's chat. I am curious...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Dolan, great to see you.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Thats Matt - looks like you have gotten younger ;-)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's my grand daughter, I think she does make me younger weirdly enough.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast