Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2618

Thread: Other authors you collect

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Apparently the bones are human.
    They are.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    They are.
    Wow! Very special. How did they manage approval for that? That would've involved a lot of bureaucracy here in the Netherlands With current politics I doubt they would allow that here these days.
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just pre-ordered Childhood's End from Centipede Press. I was able to match my number to the previous ACC set Jerad published.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    They are.
    That would've involved a lot of bureaucracy here in the Netherlands.
    Hopefully that would involve a lot of bureaucracy everywhere. I'm not saying it should be outright prohibited, but the production and sale of goods including actual human frickin' bones is something I'd like the authorities (yours, mine, everywhere) to keep an eye on...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Is this the coolest thing ever, or what?

Dracula: the Evidence

I am desperately trying (and slowly failing) to convince myself I don’t need this.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I am desperately trying (and slowly failing) to convince myself I don’t need this.
    That is fangloriously sharp!
    I could sell my Robert Downey Jr. Iron Man autograph card and get the lettered edition, but....I probably won't.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That really is how Dracula should be done
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

That is fangloriously sharp!
    I could sell my Robert Downey Jr. Iron Man autograph card and get the lettered edition, but....I probably won't.
    DO IT DO IT DO IT

From your collection thread I've seen that you have a lot of movie memorabilia, so it's probably a harder decision for you than most, but the Entombed Edition looks SO DAMN COOL

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

a good number of Piers Anthony i believe i have i think 78 of his books,he's got i think 192 books thus far i just made a list of all his books that's why i remember the number.

let's see Dean Koontz there's so many i need as a shit ton of them are out of print and have been prolly since before i was even born i'm 41 so there goes your age on how long some have prolly been out of print.

Anne Rice, Stephen King, Ed McBain, James Patterson. Patrica Cornwell, Kathy Reichs, Jeffery Deaver i had to think hard for a minute on that one to Quote Gumby from Monty Python My Brain Hurts lol.

John Saul i just love his work, Janet Evanovich i enjoy her books too but i don't read her early shit her romance novels at all for obvious reasons. John Grisham spelled right? sorry if it wasn't.

Joe Hill as well. and i'm sure i'm missing some as well.

and read your post about Dracula i dunno that book as i've never heard of it but each time i hear about how Dracula should be done i think about Christopher Lee where he Quit playing the role cause it was by the end of his run so far away from the book it pretty much made him really pissed about it i think cause he loved the book so much. and the (1970) film Count Dracula directed by Jess Franco he said is the closest it's ever come to the novel. it's not a bad film either

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple of new additions to my Dune collection arrived yesterday.
    I've never seen this style of proof come up for sale previously for any of the series.

God Emperor of Dune, signed by Frank Herbert.

And Heretics of Dune. Not signed, but contains hand written corrections and notes from the copy editor on nearly every page.

There are more photos in my collection thread here.
    Mark Twain

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow, those proofs are outstanding! And UK proofs, too - I really like the UK editions of his work. Congratulations!

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice stuff
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

For Connie Willis fans, Easton Press has 10% off BLACKOUT/ALL CLEAR for Black Friday, but you better act fast, only 52 left:

https://www.eastonpress.com/prod/045...ampaign=BF2019
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A couple of years ago, a french publisher released a limited edition reproduction of the original manuscript of FRANKENSTEIN

I dont know if that would interest anybody, but continue to release manuscript reproduction of classics.
    Their latest title is the PETER PAN manuscript
    They also have Alice in Wonderland and other stuff

If that may interest somebody >>> https://www.spbooks.com/en/14-manuscripts
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Late Bernie Wrightson’s Original ‘Frankenstein’ Art for Marvel Cover Just Sold for Over $1 Million
    >>> https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...old-1-million/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Just to quell the rumors, it wasn't I who bought it.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's true, it was me.

I finished Josh Malerman’s A Little Red Book of Requests a few days ago. It was my first taste of Malerman’s writing and I loved it, especially the first and third stories (the second felt a bit rushed and unfinished). However, I have never seen so many typographical errors in a book. It definitely needed another round or two of proofreading. Seeing as how I have two other Little Books (Joe Hill’s and Jack Ketchum’s), I really hope this isn’t the norm for Borderlands Press.

I finished Josh Malerman’s A Little Red Book of Requests a few days ago. It was my first taste of Malerman’s writing and I loved it, especially the first and third stories (the second felt a bit rushed and unfinished). However, I have never seen so many typographical errors in a book. It definitely needed another round or two of proofreading. Seeing as how I have two other Little Books (Joe Hill’s and Jack Ketchum’s), I really hope this isn’t the norm for Borderlands Press.
    I've noticed those typos too, in other publisher's books as well. It's annoying, and there may be a legitimate excuse for it, but I've also seen them in Gauntlet's books too, especially THE BEARDLESS WARRIORS. Then there are books like FIRE AND BLOOD from Sub Press, of which I am over half-way through and darn if I've encountered even ONE typo!

The book I read before this, Clive Barker's Mr Maximillian Bacchus and the Long Title I Can't Remember from Bad Moon Books, was also riddled with them.

Maybe it's because these are truly small presses (perhaps even one-man shows) and the books are first-time releases, so there is no existing master file to work with. I can imagine that makes it easier for typos to go unnoticed. Still, I'm a professional translator/copy editor, so these things rip me right out of the story every single time.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I would think it would be easy to hire a few industry people to proof it, but...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

MANY of Nancy A. Collins's small press titles have at least three typos on every page. At one point I was going to write them all down while reading and send it to the publisher but I mulled it over and decided it would do little or no good.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

If you find a typo in a King book, you can report it here.

https://stephenking.com/error-typo.php
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing product. Been looking at this over the last week or so.

It would have to be the Immortal Edition, and very tempting to read it from the case, so would be glad of the digital edition they also provide.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast