Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Other authors you collect

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is SWEET, Solar!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Anyone else looking forward to the new Dan Brown?

I haven't heard anything about a SL but I read that the first printing will be 6.5 million copies... wowie!

Also - thought it was appropriate to add this

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Kenny! Congrats!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Kenny. That's a keeper.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Wow!. Where did you get it signed, Kenny?. Very cool.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Actually, it was a few years back right before the movie came out. I was in the front row and I happened to be next to this guy who came fairly late but had a seat reserved - so I knew he was with the publishers.

We started chatting about the book, about what I did, blah blah. Anyway, turns out his name was Jason and he was the editor of the book. Quite a good looking guy!! Anyway, the B&N here in the city is VERY strict about no personalization of the books... but Jason told Dan to do it for me - and he did! I love it.

Even then, years ago, the book (now titled The Lost Symbol) was titled The Solomon Key and it was due out within the year. Wonder why it kept getting pushed back...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see the image

What is it?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a signed, inscribed to Kenny (Dolan) copy of The Da Vinci Code. Very impressive.

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Actually, it was a few years back right before the movie came out. I was in the front row and I happened to be next to this guy who came fairly late but had a seat reserved - so I knew he was with the publishers.

We started chatting about the book, about what I did, blah blah. Anyway, turns out his name was Jason and he was the editor of the book. Quite a good looking guy!! Anyway, the B&N here in the city is VERY strict about no personalization of the books... but Jason told Dan to do it for me - and he did! I love it.

Even then, years ago, the book (now titled The Lost Symbol) was titled The Solomon Key and it was due out within the year. Wonder why it kept getting pushed back...
    That's awesome Kenny. Always fun to hear about stories behind a signed book. Not to mention such a coveted inscription. I'm very jealous.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, great story, Kenny. Again, congrats.

another little stoy for you:

I am a big Wally Lamb fan. He wrote "She's Come Undone" and "I Know This Much Is True" (one of my favorite books) and his most recent book "The Hour I First Believed."

He was huge with Oprah a few years back and has made a bit of a name for himself. I personally love his work - a lot.

A few years back I bought an inscribed first printing of "She's Come Undone." It was made out to a friend of the author based on the inscription. Well when I got the book in the mail, there was a folded letter in the back of the book. It was a letter from the author to this woman. Based on the letter, they were friends for several years.

Anyway, here is the letter. The paper is VERY frail and you can see it was dated in 1980 - long before Lamb even wrote a book. This is something very valuable to me, though on the market I am sure would be worth close to nothing. Just wanted to share

Looks like its me me me day in this thread! LOL

I found something else pretty cool from Dan Brown (author) - this is from Wikipedia:

Songwriter and pop singer
    While in Los Angeles, Brown joined the National Academy of Songwriters, and participated in many of its events. It was there that he met Blythe Newlon, a woman 12 years his senior, who was the Academy's Director of Artist Development. Though not officially part of her job, she took on the seemingly unusual task of helping to promote Brown's projects; she wrote press releases, set up promotional events, and put him in contact with individuals who could be helpful to his career. She and Brown also developed a personal relationship, though this was not known to all of their associates until 1993, when Brown moved back to New Hampshire, and it was learned that Blythe would accompany him. They married in 1997, at Pea Porridge Pond, a location near North Conway, New Hampshire.

In 1993, Brown released the self-titled CD Dan Brown, which included songs such as "976-Love" and "If You Believe in Love".

In 1994, Brown released a CD titled Angels & Demons. Its artwork was the same ambigram by artist John Langdon which he later used for the novel Angels & Demons. The liner notes also again credited his wife for her involvement, thanking her "for being my tireless cowriter, coproducer, second engineer, significant other, and therapist." The CD included songs such as "Here in These Fields" and the religious ballad "All I Believe."
    Here is the 1993 CD that I own... also signed. I have read that only 100 copies were made.

Along the Path of the Beam Claude Clay will become famous soon enough Claude Clay's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

R. Crumb

Lazarus Long
    make a fire for a man and you warm him for the nite
    light him on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those collecting Lovecraft, like myself, I posted this in the HPL thread but maybe people here don't look over there very often, but there will be a huge two-volume limited edition Lovecraft biography published next year. It's pretty much a humongous event, since Joshi's previous heavily edited down version is long OOP and fetches hefty dollars.

Linky: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...9&postcount=96

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool stuff, Dolan.

Welcome, Claude.

Pablo, I know we have Lovecraft fans here, so thanks for the heads up.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I ordered a "special edition" of Dan Brown's Lost Symbol from VJ Books - this is the description : Sources at Random House continue to insist that Brown will do no signings for this book. VJ Books, sensitive to the collector’s desire for a copy of this book that is somewhat different than the 5 to 6.5 million first editions, has sought and been given permission by the publisher to create a special collector’s edition of The Lost Symbol. This will be a first edition, first printing hardcover housed in a deluxe slipcase with a signed Dan Brown book plate laid-in. This edition is limited to just twenty-five copies, and is priced at $69.99.

It sold out almost immediately, what with there being on 25 copies.

I know it's a book plate, but still... I thought it would be kind of cool to own.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That IS cool, Pam Twenty-five copies??? Wow...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Pam! I'd have purchased a copy as well if I knew
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, guys!

I sort of figured I couldn't go wrong for $70. I'll post pictures when I get it.

I think I lucked out with ordering... I happened to get the email featuring the sale at 4am and I think I beat the rush ! A friend of mine tried later the same day, during normal hours, and it was SOLD OUT by then.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Pam, I think you got a fantastic deal. Congratulations.

wow! Good for you!!! Congrats!

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to post pictures when I get it.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like a little help here deciphering Peter Straub's handwriting. This is the inscription on an advanced copy of Straub's THE THROAT. I can make out most of it but am having trouble with a few lines. I'm usually pretty good with Peter's handwriting but am stumped in a couple of places. Here are two photos, one with flash and the other without. Not sure which will be easiest to read.
    Thanks.

Wow - I can only say that line 1 and 2 from the 2nd section is:

The unhinged door
    the broken window

the rest is a MESS!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

A local bookstore here, Water Street Books, is selling Dan Brown signed (non-limited) Lost Symbols...he's not doing a signing or personalization, but they're available for purchase.

www.waterstreetbooks.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast