Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Other authors you collect

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

THE HISTORIAN by Elizabeth Kostova was published in 2005 by Little, Brown. For awhile it was one of the hottest books on ABE. It is really a good vampire book and, I believe, the film rights have been bought. The ARC is somewhat difficult to locate (at least it was the last time I checked). But here is something earlier than the ARC. It is a comb bound manuscript edition with a cover letter dated October 2004. I've never seen another one like it. The pages appear to be copied directly from the author's manuscript.

Edit: I just checked ABE and the ARCs are MUCH more obtainable than I thought.

Two pictures: one of the first page and the other with the book open showing the artwork to be used on the dj.

Last edited by carlosdetweiller; 04-08-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: More info.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's amazing the number of "earlier" states of books that you get...

congrats !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

US proof copies of DROOD by Dan Simmons seem pretty easy to find and are relatively inexpensive.

The UK edition is published by Quercus and I think may only be in trade paperback format. At least I have not seen a hardcover UK edition for sale.

I got a UK proof in the mail from the UK today. I think this might prove to be a tough one.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is terrific! I cherish the copy I have.

<---me and Jerome
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just recently started collecting Kurt Vonnegut and John Updike 1st editions.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    THE HISTORIAN by Elizabeth Kostova was published in 2005 by Little, Brown. For awhile it was one of the hottest books on ABE. It is really a good vampire book and, I believe, the film rights have been bought. The ARC is somewhat difficult to locate (at least it was the last time I checked). But here is something earlier than the ARC. It is a comb bound manuscript edition with a cover letter dated October 2004. I've never seen another one like it. The pages appear to be copied directly from the author's manuscript.

Edit: I just checked ABE and the ARCs are MUCH more obtainable than I thought.
    I don't have an ARC etc. but I do have the S/L (I'm sure you do too).

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing those, Bob. Always interesting.

Pablo, good luck with Vonnegut and Updike. Let us know as your 1st Edition collection grows.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't collect another author, but I do collect Arkham House books. In fact, most of the last 4-5 years I've pretty much let my King collection lie fallow and have focused almost exclusively on acquiring Arkham House first editions. As of right now, I have about 140, including most of the highly desirable:

The Outsider and Others
    Beyind the Wall of Sleep
    Marginalia
    Out of Space and Time
    Lost Worlds
    Spells and Philtres
    The Dark Chateau (just picked up this week, actually: here)
    Dark Carnival
    The House on the Borderland
    Skull-Face
    A Hornbook for Witches
    and more!

I love my Arkham House collection! For a while I was thinking about selling off all my King to keep going with the Arkhams, but now I've found this foum and rekindled my King interest. Seeing some of the collections here, now the thought has crossed my mind to sell of all my Arkhams in order to get more King!

But I'd never do that.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

divemaster, please feel welcome to start your own Book Collection thread in the subforum and show us your Arkham House editions and your King books.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, please do.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple years ago I sold my entire Arkham House collection for a goodly sum. I just got bored with them.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Pablo, good luck with Vonnegut and Updike. Let us know as your 1st Edition collection grows.
    I'm surprised at how cheap these are. Especially Updike's. Most of his hardcovers seem to be in print (at least they're in stock at Amazon), and can be had for five bucks and under like new. Strange. But that means shopping spree!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    divemaster, please feel welcome to start your own Book Collection thread in the subforum and show us your Arkham House editions and your King books.

Ah, yes, but first I have to get a digital camera. Then I have to take pictures of 250 or so books, and then do the whole download/upload thing.

So, yes, I will be doing this at some point (good for insurance confirmation, I know). But not likely any time soon.

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I received one of my holy grails - the Dark Harvest S/L of Swan Song by Robert McCammon. Oversized book with slipcase, published in 1989. Swan Song is one of the best post apocalyptic novels ever written - personally, I think it runs a very close second to The Stand.
    I know I've posted a lot of images, but I think the fantastic illustrations by Charles Lang deserve to be seen.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree Swan Song was a great read. I really loved Robert McCammon-until he had problems, went on hiatus, etc.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Clacke. That's a beautiful production.

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What are those problems you mention, Jerome? I know nothing about him
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Its one of my favourite books/ productions as well. Congrats!

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I had not seen the S/L before but I love the book, almost as good as The Stand.

The S/L looks great, congrats

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Any Bradbury collector here?. Question on fair price for S/L DARK CARNIVAL by Gauntlet Press, 2001. Thanks.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have mentioned before I have a pretty big Poppy Z Brite collection here is my latest addition, the cover art by Miran Kim for Poppy's first book "Lost Souls"

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I've already posted here before, but I'm adding a name to the authors I collect: J. M. Barrie.

I now have not only all his Peter Pan works now (minus The Boy Castaways of Black Lake Island, which was never published anyway), but all the Tommy works as well (I'm including Margaret Ogilvy in that category in addition to the novels) and some other plays of his in the same volume as the Peter Pan play.

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I have mentioned before I have a pretty big Poppy Z Brite collection here is my latest addition, the cover art by Miran Kim for Poppy's first book "Lost Souls"
    That looks like a nice painting, Dave. Is that done in oil or acrylic? Dimensions?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    That looks like a nice painting, Dave. Is that done in oil or acrylic? Dimensions?
    It is a smaller painting, image size 8 X 12 and I think it was done in acrylics.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that painting alot. Congratulations!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast