Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2618

Thread: Other authors you collect

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Is this the coolest thing ever, or what?

Dracula: the Evidence

I am desperately trying (and slowly failing) to convince myself I don’t need this.
    Amazing product. Been looking at this over the last week or so.

It would have to be the Immortal Edition, and very tempting to read it from the case, so would be glad of the digital edition they also provide.
    Man. Looking at that Kickstarter I’m starting to have serious doubts about this ever seeing the light of day.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting, why the doubt?

Raised $60k more than the original goal. I saw the publishing date is pretty distant. Is that the issue?

Should I hold off this?
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I thought about springing for the Straub set from Borderlands but that's some terrible art. It's not even their worst but I can't make myself pull the trigger on it. Squeeze, whatever.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Raised $60k more than the original goal. I saw the publishing date is pretty distant. Is that the issue?

Should I hold off this?
    Hey Shaq - my first issue is personal experience. Probably 40% of projects I’ve backed on Kickstarter in the book/art categories never come to fruition. Second - they are promising A LOT for these three editions. I can tell you the folks that did the stranger things books did them pretty cheaply. That brings up my third concern, the quality of the package. I’d be concerned that the final package will be nothing like what’s promised. Fourth - the lack of updates is a little concerning. I know that COVID is screwing with stuff but nearly two months with no updates is concerning.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Should I hold off this?
    Hey Shaq - my first issue is personal experience. Probably 40% of projects I’ve backed on Kickstarter in the book/art categories never come to fruition. Second - they are promising A LOT for these three editions. I can tell you the folks that did the stranger things books did them pretty cheaply. That brings up my third concern, the quality of the package. I’d be concerned that the final package will be nothing like what’s promised. Fourth - the lack of updates is a little concerning. I know that COVID is screwing with stuff but nearly two months with no updates is concerning.
    This has nothing to do with the Dracula Kickstarter project but I have a copy of their Deluxe Temple of Silence (that was a Kickstarter project originally) and it's a very nice, high-quality book and slipcase. They are located pretty close to me and I've been meaning to visit their offices.

https://beehivebooks.com/shop/the-te...ipcase-edition
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...lds-of-herbert
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I thought about springing for the Straub set from Borderlands but that's some terrible art. It's not even their worst but I can't make myself pull the trigger on it. Squeeze, whatever.
    I pulled the trigger on it, as I collect Straub, and like what BP have done with his other work.

I still don't understand why no one's done a S/L of Mystery. Centipede Press did Koko, Borderlands Press did The Throat. Someone needs to complete the Blue Rose series.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Should I hold off this?

Thanks for info both. I am going to watch how things pan out, and jump aboard if funds permit.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I seriously doubt that the Straub collection will be released on time. Here’s the reply I got when I asked for more information about the edition:

Still in the planning design stage, but at least 350 of the limited and 52 Lettered. Ltd will be bound in pearl linen and lettered in leather. Trim will be 7 x 10.
    If it’s still in the planning stage now, surely there’s no way the book will be printed, bound and ready to ship by 20 June.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I wasn’t sure where else to post this, but Grim Oak Press have started preordering of The Illearth War numbered edition, by Stephen Donaldson. A matching slipcase can be ordered separately.

https://grimoakpress.com/blogs/news/...en-r-donaldson
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I wasn’t sure where else to post this, but Grim Oak Press have started preordering of The Illearth War numbered edition, by Stephen Donaldson. A matching slipcase can be ordered separately.

Yessss - just pre-ordered the lettered!

sk

Yep, me too. I like what they did with LFB.

Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The latest Resnick novel is out in paperback. I wanted to drive to B&N to get it, but I opted for Amazon because of the virus. It's not his best work, I have to assume he was not feeling well when he wrote it. It's part one of a trilogy. The book on the left he sent me for free when one of the books I sent for from him on E-Bay arrived damaged. He was a very nice guy.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

He was a nice guy.

I still re-read IVORY and PARADISE every couple of years, and re-read SANTIAGO in 2019.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I’ve never read this series.. any good?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

After The Lord of the Rings - my favorite fantasy novels.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

The Chronicles and the Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant are among my favourite fantasy works of all time. They are wonderful if sometimes relentlessly grim stories in my all time favourite secondary world - the Land - which at first seems quite derivative of Tolkien, but quickly becomes its own beast. They're also incredibly divisive largely because of the main character, who many readers absolutely positively loathe. For this reason, I might consider getting a hold of the first book on the cheap before committing to the limiteds. If you're indecisive after the first, I would recommend reading the Illearth War as well, since that's when the series starts to shine.

To my sorrow, I did not care for the Last Chronicles. It should never have been 4 books.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    They're also incredibly divisive largely because of the main character, who many readers absolutely positively loathe.
    That was the case for me.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post

The Chronicles and the Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant are among my favourite fantasy works of all time. They are wonderful if sometimes relentlessly grim stories in my all time favourite secondary world - the Land - which at first seems quite derivative of Tolkien, but quickly becomes its own beast. They're also incredibly divisive largely because of the main character, who many readers absolutely positively loathe. For this reason, I might consider getting a hold of the first book on the cheap before committing to the limiteds. If you're indecisive after the first, I would recommend reading the Illearth War as well, since that's when the series starts to shine.

To my sorrow, I did not care for the Last Chronicles. It should never have been 4 books.
    I never buy fantasy books but because of the enthusiasm over over Lord Foul's Bane I pre-ordered the Grim Oak Press edition with the optional slipcase. Then my bathroom crashed into my kitchen and everything fell into my basement. Not saying one has to do with the other. But I ended up cancelling my order and repairing my kitchen and so far everything's fine. Well except for the pandemic.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I recall correctly, many people here likes Carlos Ruiz Zafón's books.... he passed away
    > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53107010
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I never buy fantasy books but because of the enthusiasm over over Lord Foul's Bane I pre-ordered the Grim Oak Press edition with the optional slipcase. Then my bathroom crashed into my kitchen and everything fell into my basement.
    Wow, Jeff, how did that happen? Were you shaving with the Dragon Lord again, and dropped it down in the sink? After all, there’s nothing worse than a ...

... sword-fouled drain.

(Yes, I know that was terrible, and yes, It took me two months to come up with it. No apologies)

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I never buy fantasy books but because of the enthusiasm over over Lord Foul's Bane I pre-ordered the Grim Oak Press edition with the optional slipcase. Then my bathroom crashed into my kitchen and everything fell into my basement.
    Wow, Jeff, how did that happen? Were you shaving with the Dragon Lord again, and dropped it down in the sink? After all, there’s nothing worse than a ...

... sword-fouled drain.

(Yes, I know that was terrible, and yes, It took me two months to come up with it. No apologies)
    Terribly terrific! Your post makes me want to write a fantasy book starring The Dragon Lord who destroys homes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    If I recall correctly, many people here likes Carlos Ruiz Zafón's books.... he passed away
    > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53107010
    Oh no! That's terrible. I am a fan and had no idea. Thanks for letting us know.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone has a copy of Dark Regions Press S/L Bird Box they're willing to sell let me know. Thanks.

Eric
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any fans of Josh MALERMAN here?

There is a french proof copy of BIRD BOX for sale on ebay
    => here

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered my Lettered and numbered Malorie by Josh Malerman today
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast