Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stumbled upon this great edition of Frankenstein at one of my favorite used book stores. It's the original 1818 text, published by Bobbs-Merrill in 1974.

Also found a couple more JDM reprints that I didn't have (yes, I collect JDM reprints).

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on those cool paperbacks! Love the covers.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Put a Lettered Ray Garton Pieces of Hate up on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/201283792788...84.m1555.l2649

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Found another JDM book. The House Guests, an autobiographical tale originally published in hardcover in 1965. This is a paperback reprint from the mid-80's, but still somewhat hard to find in good condition. The used book store rounds are really paying off for me this winter.

Also snagged a mass market copy of Condominium while I was at it.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cordial Jim View Post
    Found another JDM book. The House Guests, an autobiographical tale originally published in hardcover in 1965. This is a paperback reprint from the mid-80's, but still somewhat hard to find in good condition. The used book store rounds are really paying off for me this winter.

Also snagged a mass market copy of Condominium while I was at it.

More awesomeness, Congratulations!!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ann Rice - Beauty's Kingdom (Signed Book) (Sleeping Beauty Series #4) available for pre-order @ B&N $21

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/book...=9781101896044

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

LOGAN'S RUN 1st EDITION 1967

FRENCH 1st EDITION 1969

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet, congratulations to you! I reaaly like classic cover art.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool.

One of the features that I really like about the new signed edition from Centipede Press is the gallery of old cover art for Logan's Run.
    Mark Twain

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally got a set of the Baroque Cycle limiteds; alas not matching numbers...

]

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

13 to 40 minutes left on auctions that are way too low. Steals here. Go get them:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/zoidsmith/m....p2047675.l2562

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fixed link (I hope).

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Finally got a set of the Baroque Cycle limiteds; alas not matching numbers...

]

Those look great, congrats
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    LOGAN'S RUN 1st EDITION 1967

Oh man! So cool. This was one of my favorite books back in the day. I would love a signed copy of this!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tim Powers trade 1st edition of "Last Call". Signed upside-down on the title page. Fine condition. Goes on ebay later today if no one is interested.

Country
    Country Flag

Evan Hunter (aka Ed McBain), one of my very favorite authors. Known for his crime and police procedural books (and rightfully so), but he did it all: science fiction, westerns, horror, children's books. One of the all-time greats!

The Blackboard Jungle is one of his earliest novels (1954) and was made into a 1955 movie starring Glenn Ford, Anne Francis, Vic Morrow, Sidney Poitier and others. The book is a little dated now, but it's still great. It's much better than the movie. The book is priceless for the back cover alone:

"The Blackboard Jungle is the first novel to dramatize one of the top social problems of our day. It is shocking and frightening and based on facts.

The Blackboard Jungle is the story of Rick Dadier and his first teaching job at North Manual Trades High School. He expected the kids to be tough, but after a couple of years in the Navy he didn't think they could throw him. He didn't want to be a hero or a cop or a jailer. He just wanted to teach. Sullenness and impertinence he expected. But not mugging, or rape, or knives or zip guns. Not fighting teen-age gangsters for his very life.

The Blackboard Jungle reveals a crisis in the lives of thousands of American children in a compassionate and poignant novel which should be read by every American interested in the future of his country."

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I particularly like his books written under his Richard Marsten pseudonym...VANISHING LADIES is a notable favorite.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Of potential interest to those whose book geekdom run as deep as mine:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/ar...=top-news&_r=0

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mkb.redux View Post
    Of potential interest to those whose book geekdom run as deep as mine:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/ar...=top-news&_r=0
    good read
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cordial Jim View Post
    Evan Hunter (aka Ed McBain), one of my very favorite authors. Known for his crime and police procedural books (and rightfully so), but he did it all: science fiction, westerns, horror, children's books. One of the all-time greats!

The Blackboard Jungle is one of his earliest novels (1954) and was made into a 1955 movie starring Glenn Ford, Anne Francis, Vic Morrow, Sidney Poitier and others. The book is a little dated now, but it's still great. It's much better than the movie. The book is priceless for the back cover alone:

"The Blackboard Jungle is the first novel to dramatize one of the top social problems of our day. It is shocking and frightening and based on facts.

The Blackboard Jungle is the story of Rick Dadier and his first teaching job at North Manual Trades High School. He expected the kids to be tough, but after a couple of years in the Navy he didn't think they could throw him. He didn't want to be a hero or a cop or a jailer. He just wanted to teach. Sullenness and impertinence he expected. But not mugging, or rape, or knives or zip guns. Not fighting teen-age gangsters for his very life.

The Blackboard Jungle reveals a crisis in the lives of thousands of American children in a compassionate and poignant novel which should be read by every American interested in the future of his country."

Very cool, read his first 87th Precinct a couple years ago, very solid read. Should brush up on his work, really want to read Blackboard Jungle.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

1st ARBOR HOUSE EDITION 1984 with 6 PAGE INTRODUCTION

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I listed a S/L of "The Historian" by Elizibeth Kostova on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Historia.../201297509422?

If it strikes your fancy, PM me and perhaps we can make a deal.

I also listed Horrorstory, a traycased S/L with King's short story "Mrs, Todd's Shortcut". Not signed by King, but has 30+ other author signatures>
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Horrorstory-.../201297527092?

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I listed a S/L of "The Historian" by Elizibeth Kostova on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Historia.../201297509422?

If it strikes your fancy, PM me and perhaps we can make a deal.

I also listed Horrorstory, a traycased S/L with King's short story "Mrs, Todd's Shortcut". Not signed by King, but has 30+ other author signatures>
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Horrorstory-.../201297527092?
    Those are both really nice books that you don't see too often. I'm passively "looking" for a Horrorstory vol 4 (trade), if anybody has one taking up space.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonder if some people have some amazingly unique memorabilia from other writers?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast