Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 589 1089 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching it too. I e-mailed her this morning to see what was up. I'm sure she sold it to someone on an out of eBay sale but here is her reply:

"we apologize for having to remove the silver bullet. my lab/pit bull mix knocked it off my table and cracked/chipped it terribly, then chewed the heck out of it. vicki"

That excuse didn't hold water when I was in elementary school ("My dog ate my homework") and doesn't fly too well today either.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"My dog ate my Stephen King promo item."

Sad if it's true, but in any case, bummer that it didn't work out for Ralph.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well that's an excuse you don't hear everyday...coming from a grown up person.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, damn that sucks.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I was watching it too. I e-mailed her this morning to see what was up. I'm sure she sold it to someone on an out of eBay sale but here is her reply:

"we apologize for having to remove the silver bullet. my lab/pit bull mix knocked it off my table and cracked/chipped it terribly, then chewed the heck out of it. vicki"

That excuse didn't hold water when I was in elementary school ("My dog ate my homework") and doesn't fly too well today either.
    She won't respond to me at all.

I'm curious if I get the same story..... if she responds.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If she didn't do it by now I guess she won't reply to you.

Did anyone here got it for real?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The dog got it! Don't you believe it?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZPZUtE6RgA"]YouTube - Dog Eating Homework[/ame]

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

She did respond:

Dear mulleins,

my stupid dog knocked it off my table, and then proceeded to chew on it. it is ruined and i had to take it off ebay .sorry

- vickip666

Anyone remember the Cheech & Chong story about following the dog around for a week to get the stash back

I asked the seller if she was going to have a 1/2 off sale

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I don't usually like the after market slipcases made by Overlook store, but I think this one looks pretty cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JUST-AFTER-SUNSE...QQcmdZViewItem

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Wolverina WHAT THE #11 Marvel 1991
    Buy-It-Now $3.50

Ari, did you mean to link to a different auction?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3D3%26ps%3D57

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Dar...1%7C240%3A1318

Same seller for both, first set the seller answered a question saying his reserve was under $1000. Not bad looks like a well cared for Gunslinger 1st. Since the other listing is a second edition I couldn't inagine his reserve being to high. I was getting ready to put a simular set out but now I think I'll wait and see how this guy does

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earth's Militant Mind View Post

Same seller for both, first set the seller answered a question saying his reserve was under $1000. Not bad looks like a well cared for Gunslinger 1st. Since the other listing is a second edition I couldn't inagine his reserve being to high. I was getting ready to put a simular set out but now I think I'll wait and see how this guy does
    The seller's feedback score is 90.0%. Do you all consider that acceptable? Aren't most reputable sellers in the very high 90's? Maybe I'm off-base. I'm curious as to people's "risk assessment" when it comes to eBay scores.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

The seller's feedback score is 90.0%. Do you all consider that acceptable? Aren't most reputable sellers in the very high 90's? Maybe I'm off-base. I'm curious as to people's "risk assessment" when it comes to eBay scores.
    I may be a little harsh but I don't even look at the auction at 96.5 or below. 98-96.5 I look. 98 or above I buy.

Just me though.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I considered that when I looked at it but he has one negitive and nine positive feedbacks as a seller. He's not a book dealer just a private seller and looking at the comment it had nothing to do with books (item didn't work properly, wasn't in good working condition as advertised). I myself would look at this and give the benefit of the doubt considering his other feed back but maybe that's just me. I agree if this was a larger seller I would balk seeing the 90% but that's why I allways look at the feedback too.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would think you'd get more selling them individually.

The way I see it, the people most likely to be in the market for a 1st ed Gunslinger will likely already have the other books.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

The way I see it, the people most likely to be in the market for a 1st ed Gunslinger will likely already have the other books.
    I agree somewhat but like I said I was thinking of putting a set up as well, of course I don't have a 1st/1st Gunslinger but becides the point. He does have the AE editions V-VII and a DT VI. Since these are sought after by many people I think he might have a better chance of selling in a package like this to someone who will take what they want and sell the rest or upgrade. He might get a better price individually but I think it is more likely to sell like this. Just in case any one is wondering here is the package I was going to sell.

DT I Second Edition w/collector slipcase
    DTII First Edition
    DT III First Edition
    DT IV First Edition(signed by SK with tic and program from Three Kings in DC) w/collector slipcase
    DT V First Edition
    DT VI First Edition
    DT VII Artist Edition

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

I agree somewhat but like I said I was thinking of putting a set up as well, of course I don't have a 1st/1st Gunslinger but becides the point. He does have the AE editions V-VII and a DT VI. Since these are sought after by many people I think he might have a better chance of selling in a package like this to someone who will take what they want and sell the rest or upgrade. He might get a better price individually but I think it is more likely to sell like this.
    Hey! I ended up getting these books. I was the second highest bidder at $855. Whoever was the high bidder did not hit the reserve.

Today I got a "second chance offer" to buy at my bid. Here was my e-mail, and the reply:

------
    Hi. I am interested in this collection, but I do have a couple of questions. The auction only ended a couple of days ago, which is usually not enough time for a seller to determine that the high bidder has no intention of paying. The high bidder made several bids so I have to assume he wanted the book, but yet you are prepared to sell it to me. Good for me, but it seems something else must be going on here. Further, your other auction had a *different* high bidder, right? And he also backed out?

Please talk to me. Tell me what's really going on here. I am interested in these books, but am a bit jittery shelling out hundreds of dollars unless I am 100% comfortable.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    - divemaster13
    -----

-----
    Dear divemaster13,

In explanation - neither auction reached the reserve price. So I had no obligation to sell to the high bidders....I extended a second chance option to the high bidders of the two different auctions. The 24 hour period ran out with no response from either of the high bidders. This suprised me also, as both bid actively through both auctions and one even contacted me about terms of payment if he couldn't pay in full at auction end. I also considered just relisting the items but wanted to explore these second chance options as I had never really sold anything on ebay that had a reserve price. These books are items from my personal collection. I'm not a dealer turning over inventory. Above all I believe in ethical and fair business and that is what attracted me to ebay. I thought there was something wrong with my computer when I received no responses from the high bidders so I'm glad to hear from someone.

Hope this clears up your questions.

Thanks

- kpd23
    -----

I do already have the Gunslinger 1st/1st but, well, sometimes 2 is better than 1. Plus, since buying the signed/numbered artist's edtition of The Little Sisters of Eluria, I've been eying the chance to get a few of the other AEs. This auction lot gave me that chance. Perhaps one day I can sell the extra Gunslinger and recoup much of my cost here.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just my opinion, but in this market $855 is too much.
    • DTI-(says is in excellent condition but I would want that clarified to note ALL faults). $450
    • DOTT (no mention of condition) $50
    • Wastelands (no mention of condition) $50
    • W&G Mint $150
    • DTV, DTVI, DTVII Ae's total $150
    • Cases-$50
    $900.
    Bulk discount 10%.
    $810

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I figure about the same. $900 was my mental "break even" point if I were to parcel them out and sell them at some point. But I don't really buy looking to resell, although it's always in the back of my mind as a "what if." Mainly I buy what I want at a particular time as long as I feel the price is fair. This opportunity fit that.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    DTV, DTVI, DTVII Ae's total $150
    Disagree with you on these.

My opinion....

DT5AE $125
    DT6AE $100
    DT7AE $75

$300 for all three.

Bare minimum $250.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

I may be a little harsh but I don't even look at the auction at 96.5 or below. 98-96.5 I look. 98 or above I buy.

Just me though.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Yeah, but you need to factor in timing.

If a seller has 99% positive, but has three negatives in the last week, I am avoiding him.

On the other hand, if a seller has 95% positive, but has not had a negative in two years, and has had several recent positive transactions, I would bid.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200329687417

Wow...can't beat the price on this one. The picture of the book doesn't look all that bad, I have seen alot worse. Very much worth 20 bucks in my opinion...lol

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy crap!! That is the worst looking book I have yet to see someone try faking a signature in.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 589 1089 ... LastLast