Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 180 580 1080 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 27563

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Figures - that is what I own!

I was too stupid back when I got the Pet Semetery 1st Ed and asked the kid in the bookstore what was this book listed on the "also by King" list. He did not know and I sort of let it go! Huge mistake - too bad there was no internet back then!
    I did the same thing when I got Pet Semetery, asked the person at the bookstore and they could not find anything, then I went to the other bookstore in town, then I picked up the phone called all the local stores, then started calling Los Angeles bookstores until I found someone who not only knew what The Gunslinger was but had a copy. I drove down right away, I felt like I was crazy as I spent 185.00 for a book of all things .

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm out.

Thanks for all the support you guys, wasn't meant to be.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    On another note how does this sig look? Do you think SK did the doodles?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120377853032
    Given who the seller is, I wouldn't trust it.

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been watchng the auction on those books too Matt.

I think there is some shill bidding going on. High bidder has zero feedbacks.

$250 for a 3rd DT1, 1st DT2, 1st DT3 and 1st DT4 WITHOUT DJs seems high. I did not count the DT5, DT6, and DT7 because they are pretty much worthless.

You could buy the DJs for the DT1 and DT2 from Grant (sadly they no longer have DJs for DT3 and DT4).

If they had DJs, highest I would say they were worth is $300-$325.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I had the same reservations about the bidding on this auction. Too many bidders with extremely low feedbacks.

John

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tippy...I really dont think you can still get a cover for the DT1 from DMG. There was one on ebay that just sold for over $200...or are you talkin' 'bout the 2nd Ed? Hey Karen...can you comment here ?
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    My girlfriend got me one of these for my birthday! It is very cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250373329133

That is very sweet I just emailed the seller to see if he had any more Very cool

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tippy...I really dont think you can still get a cover for the DT1 from DMG. There was one on ebay that just sold for over $200...or are you talkin' 'bout the 2nd Ed? Hey Karen...can you comment here ?
    It was a 3rd edition, which I believe Grant still has dust jackets for.

To Matt - with patients I think you can find them much cheaper. If I come across F/F copies of V, VI or VII, I'll send them to you, as tippy said, they are "worthless" in terms of cold hard cash. DTIII can be found for about $40 if you wait (Bob posted a link to a guy that was selling sealed copies for $38 a while back!), and DTII should be able to be had for no more than $60.... wait and find a bargain on a 2nd edition gunslinger at say $150- $200 (I doubt thats too far a stretch given the way the markets are going) and you'll be coming out on top of that auction!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    It was a 3rd edition, which I believe Grant still has dust jackets for.
    Exactly.

1st edition DJ is long sold out.

2nd edition DJ sold out a couple years ago (I have one stashed away).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure they are out of the 2nd edition DJ's as well as the 1st edition all they have left are 3rd printing Gunslinger DJ's.

edit: Teaches me to respond before finishing reading the thread.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

To Matt - with patients I think you can find them much cheaper. If I come across F/F copies of V, VI or VII, I'll send them to you, as tippy said, they are "worthless" in terms of cold hard cash. DTIII can be found for about $40 if you wait (Bob posted a link to a guy that was selling sealed copies for $38 a while back!), and DTII should be able to be had for no more than $60.... wait and find a bargain on a 2nd edition gunslinger at say $150- $200 (I doubt thats too far a stretch given the way the markets are going) and you'll be coming out on top of that auction!
    Matt, I have the following books availavble:

DT2 in shrinkwrap $60
    DT5AE Very Fine $125
    DT6AE in shrinkwrap $85
    DT7AE Very Fine $70

I also have several copies of DT4 available, and a DT1 (2nd) available.

PM me if you want additional info.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What are the differences between a gunslinger 1st DJ and 2nd DJ?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I just wanted to pipe in here about this auction. I was reading through the description and it says its a first edition and first printing and then goes on to say its in the original jacket..... and priced at 12.95....since when was a first edition and first printing Carrie priced at 12.95 ?????

Last I looked....it was priced at 5.95

Very misleading stuff

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    1st ed has both $20 and $60 prices, 2nd ed has only $20.

Also, I forget which is which, but the text on one is more orange than yellow, whereas the other is more yellow than orange.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

The printed price on the 1st DJ have 2 prices; the limited $60 and the trade $20. The 2nd DJ have only 1 printed price; the trade $20

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rusher, I was just about to say the same about the DJ on that Carrie auction. The book IS a 1st Edition, ex library. Worth a few bucks for sure. The sig is just on a piece o paper. It's not related to the book, IMO.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes...I am interested in the "doodles" really and yes the book is a x-library, spine is totally bent, but still a first, but given the seller I dont trust a thing they sell...but the sig does look good...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post

John
    I just wanted to pipe in here about this auction. I was reading through the description and it says its a first edition and first printing and then goes on to say its in the original jacket..... and priced at 12.95....since when was a first edition and first printing Carrie priced at 12.95 ?????

Last I looked....it was priced at 5.95

Very misleading stuff
    dont really care about the DJ...I can find a true...my question is more about the sig, the "S" looks wrong to me, but, the doodle interest me more that alone is a pretty penny if SK did it !!!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your best bet, given who the seller is, is that King likely did not do the sketch.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Matt, I have the following books availavble:

DT2 in shrinkwrap $60
    DT5AE Very Fine $125
    DT6AE in shrinkwrap $85
    DT7AE Very Fine $70

I also have several copies of DT4 available, and a DT1 (2nd) available.

PM me if you want additional info.
    I will do that very thing, thank you so much!

I really appreciate everyone saving me from this, after I posted the last bid I was looking at the other bids and honestly was a bit suspicious.

After reading this thread, I understand why.

Special thanks to Jerome for really hitting me over the head with it.

I think I will be able to get these much cheaper because of you guy and avoided a rear entry.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Chooch - You shouldn't have a problem with the ring. I had to do the same thing after I found it. Good luck.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

In regards to that Carrie -

Its an ex-library first with a later dust jacket and a completely unrelated book plate. I can't see it being worth more than $350.

As for the book plate itself (Hutch can help fill in the blanks) but it isn't doddled by King himself. I think its one of those themed bookplates such as was in a copy of Dead Zone a while back. At that time Hutch mentioned that Tim Miller bought a lot of those themed book plates (one for every book) ten years ago or some such. The signatures are real, but its just a bookplate.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

These sound rather interesting, and at a good price. Anyone here have any experience with her?

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-BLA...1%7C240%3A1318

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

These sound rather interesting, and at a good price. Anyone here have any experience with her?

John
    I think e_taylor picked up one of those and wasn't too impressed with the quality.

Edit: It's in this thread: #1896

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post

John
    I think e_taylor picked up one of those and wasn't too impressed with the quality.

Edit: It's in this thread: #1896
    Yah, the price is TOO good. Very poor quality, a terrible smell and the material/glue makes the book get stuck in the slipcase. I managed to get my book out without damage (thankfully) and proceeded to toss my $15 experiment in the trash.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 180 580 1080 ... LastLast