Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 586 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 86 486 536 576 584 585 586 587 588 596 636 686 1086 ... LastLast
Results 14,626 to 14,650 of 27563

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the whole set, probably get around to selling them one day as i doubt they will be allowed on the wall ... yes i'm under the thumb haha

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dark tower 3-7 S/L plus WTTKH and LSOE #710
    Looking For
    Dark Tower III through VII LSOE S/L or AE #1208
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Looking For
    Dark Tower III through VII LSOE S/L or AE #1208
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Someone is trying to sell a photocopy of "The Star Invaders" for $350.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331322106570...MakeTrack=true

Is is a photocopy. You have no way of knowing how many copies have been made.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to get it!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd also love to have it, but not at that price.

John

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Wasn't there some poster a couple of years ago trying to sell the original for like a million dollars or something? He seemed like sortof a nutbag.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

Wasn't there some poster a couple of years ago trying to sell the original for like a million dollars or something? He seemed like sortof a nutbag.
    Yes there was, and yes, he seemed like a nutbag to me too

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

Yes there was, and yes, he seemed like a nutbag to me too
    The current seller references said nutbag in his listing:

there are only 2 known copies of this story in existence....even King's office no longer has one....several years ago the following was listed on ebay:

Stephen King "The Star Invaders" Signed Personal Message Sent to Fan

Stephen King "The Star Invaders"Up for bid on eBay is asigned photocopy of The Star Invaders by Stephen King with a personal message he wrote to a fan on 3/11/94.

King wrote this when he was 13 or so and has never been published. The seller says, "The Star Invaders Part I & Part II is originally 17 pages + cover (title page which is pictured). When he photocopied and stapled it, it comes to 10 pages. The second page says: The Star Invaders, Copyright 1964 by Triad, Inc., and GaslightBooks FIRST PRINTING June, 1964."

"It was rare to begin with and having a signed copy with his writing a letter to me on the cover of it makes it priceless," the seller continues. "It's one of the hardest things I've ever had to do is to decide to sell this. If you were in my shoes you would understand.

King's note to this fan says: "3/11/94 Dear Jason - I'm more sorry than you about the Tourney, 'cause I heard it was a great first half ! You guys get there next year, and I'll get there. Meanwhile, here's The Star Invaders. Remember that I wrote it when I was only 13 or so! Best, Stephen King p.s.-This copy is yours to keep - S.K."

The lucky King fan/seller adds, "He took interest in my high schoolbasketball team (the Woodland Dragons located in Baileyville, Maine), and I had the opportunity to correspond with him...I've already had some serious offers for this and was told to auction it to get what it's worth. Like I said before: it's priceless, and, if not satisfied (reserve met), I will sit on it for another 16 years."

that seller was attempting to get 10,000.00 for his copy. The second copy was owned by the late Charlie Fried was known as the stephen king super collector. This copy (also a xerox) is not signed and was has been folden 4 ways. It was recently discovered in a lot of items that were sold through a stephen king bookstore in bangor, maine about 10 years ago. There were so many items and this piece so obscure that it was actually tucked underneath a screenplay piece. I have no illusions like the previous seller did and this copy is not signed but here is your chance to own a really rare item. Outside of the people that king sold copies of this to when he was in high school and a few authors that wrote books on king this piece has been seen by no one.
    If this photocopy was actually part of Charlie Fried's collection and if it was sold through Betts (which the seller alludes to), I guess David would be the one to ask for details.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I dug up some old posts and the Star Invaders saga starts here (actually a little earlier but this is where it starts to get interesting): http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post576085

Please also note this post of yours truly in which I state the following:

I didn't sleep very well last night and had some vivid dreams and in one of them this item was sold on eBay for £ 675,000 (yes, I specifically dreamt the £ sign). Are you planning to unleash the 'tactics of the scorched earth' upon your fellow contenders, Alan?
    (directed towards Mr. Rabbit Trick).

The unsettling thing is that this remark, which was not meant to be taken seriously AT ALL, seems to have triggered full-blown weirdness in the guy. If you read the next couple of pages after the first post I linked you will see what I mean

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

...he truly was the Son of God! (said in a John Wayne accent)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting character.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The auction ended. Did someone here bought it?
    >>> the ebay buyer is : "r***s ( 1120 Feedbacks)

I should have bought it, may never be able to read it now.... :-(
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just went and read through this guy's ramblings. Whoa.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Ya Snooze, You loose....

Gunslinger Apprentice chaos-consultants will become famous soon enough chaos-consultants's Avatar

If someone here has it, I would be interested in trading a copy for something equally as rare that I have(copy for copy)

John
    Stephen King Wantlist: Ubris, Dt2 #768; SDreams1 #543 - Thankee-Sai

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chaos-consultants View Post

If someone here has it, I would be interested in trading a copy for something equally as rare that I have(copy for copy)

John

Looks like you have another chance on this rare item...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/rarest-steph...3D331322106570

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rare item? WTF! It's a photocopy!!!!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mad isn't it. wonder if the buyer of the 1st listing withdrew or if it is another copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Someone (with more money than I have) should buy a copy, then set it up as a haven fund item where it will be posted to all contributors as pdf when a minimum $ has been reached?

Nice little fundraiser perhaps? Or could it upset people who may have acquired this already(wonder how many have it?)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Mad isn't it. wonder if the buyer of the 1st listing withdrew or if it is another copy.
    He has 5000 copies to sell now!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    The listing is showing the same copy. For what that's worth.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post

How did this end so cheap???????
    That book is worth way more. Great deal for the purchaser.
    It ended so cheap because I hit the buy now button. I am glad Dan posted the link I had been on CD's site this morning look at it thinking I would like to find a copy and then saw the post.
    Now you need the chapbook that goes with it.
    Found one

Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 586 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 86 486 536 576 584 585 586 587 588 596 636 686 1086 ... LastLast