Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 571 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 71 471 521 561 569 570 571 572 573 581 621 671 1071 ... LastLast
Results 14,251 to 14,275 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Gunslinger Apprentice chaos-consultants will become famous soon enough chaos-consultants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I will be watching Gerald's auctions with great interest... that's the closest I'll ever get to those proofs. Exciting times! That stuff is so rare...
    Very exciting for sure... I wish he would not do it on Ebay though...
    Why do you feel that way about eBay?
    I have just not had the best of luck with it. I am in Canada as well and now Ebay has stated the Global Shipping Program which is bullshit and is based on the price of the item. They will RAPE me with a uber high percentage of the value I pay for any book. I stopped buying off Ebay almost a year ago. Unless I steal it price wise.. not worth it. For instance. I won a King book for the going rate back when they started it and I stopped... I called to complain cause the cost to bring it is was 59% of what i was paying for the book. I just cancelled the transaction. It is a rip off and another way to make money. If your living in the US... your very lucky to get the rates you do for shipping and not have to pay ridiculous costs to bring it across the border. I have a system worked out now for myself that helps but still sucks... oh.. and (doesnt matter how I buy it) the cost to pay in my dollar is higher as well. I get about $89 bucks US for a $100CAD. It adds up when I am forking over large sums. It has gotten better (that was yesterday's rates) since the beginning of the year but still not perfect. Even when our dollar was higher than yours a year or so ago it still cost me to buy US.
    I too am in Canada, and suffer the pain of a collection that has cost me almost twice as much as those our fellow Americans own!
    John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chaos-consultants View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I will be watching Gerald's auctions with great interest... that's the closest I'll ever get to those proofs. Exciting times! That stuff is so rare...
    Very exciting for sure... I wish he would not do it on Ebay though...
    Why do you feel that way about eBay?
    I have just not had the best of luck with it. I am in Canada as well and now Ebay has stated the Global Shipping Program which is bullshit and is based on the price of the item. They will RAPE me with a uber high percentage of the value I pay for any book. I stopped buying off Ebay almost a year ago. Unless I steal it price wise.. not worth it. For instance. I won a King book for the going rate back when they started it and I stopped... I called to complain cause the cost to bring it is was 59% of what i was paying for the book. I just cancelled the transaction. It is a rip off and another way to make money. If your living in the US... your very lucky to get the rates you do for shipping and not have to pay ridiculous costs to bring it across the border. I have a system worked out now for myself that helps but still sucks... oh.. and (doesnt matter how I buy it) the cost to pay in my dollar is higher as well. I get about $89 bucks US for a $100CAD. It adds up when I am forking over large sums. It has gotten better (that was yesterday's rates) since the beginning of the year but still not perfect. Even when our dollar was higher than yours a year or so ago it still cost me to buy US.
    I too am in Canada, and suffer the pain of a collection that has cost me almost twice as much as those our fellow Americans own!
    John
    Your right eh John? I have to be frugal, negotiate hard and wait for the right deal or my collection would be worth less than it should be. I keep a pretty good tally on my collection just for investment sake ( NOT that I would ever sell)... and I am doing ok for spending a small fortune this year! I think I am around the 80% mark (meaning what I paid to what I can sell hard money should I have to launch my collection). I know there would be people here that would be at a fraction of that but I started late. If I had known there were such beautifully done books like this back in the day....???? well... let me tell you!!! haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

3 day auction. $250:
    Stephen King Signed Limited Dark Tower Book

Song of Susannah #1070 of 1400

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Seldom seen for sale. Starts at $99. Let the bidding begin:
    'Salem's Lot by Stephen King. Very rare edition

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    isn't this a one off rebind of the standard Illustrated edition ?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Yes.
    No.

The page blocks are from the S/L, not the gift version. The limitation page is missing.
    I have one, (Bob has one or two also) and it's a gorgeous production. Certainly worth more than $99. There were several different external colors and a numerous fancy end-paper combinations used. They may exist, but I have never seen two identical copies, thus making each one a unique copy.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I have one, (Bob has one or two also) and it's a gorgeous production. Certainly worth more than $99. There were several different external colors and a numerous fancy end-paper combinations used. They may exist, but I have never seen two identical copies, thus making each one a unique copy.
    Ah! these are the ones done by Stu, whilst he still owned Betts?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Wow, 9 bids and $162 already.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can everyone here let me have this? LOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I have one, (Bob has one or two also) and it's a gorgeous production. Certainly worth more than $99. There were several different external colors and a numerous fancy end-paper combinations used. They may exist, but I have never seen two identical copies, thus making each one a unique copy.
    Were they signed or rebound gift editions?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

They were unsigned page blocks from the Gift edition. signed limited edition.
    I bet if you got one signed by King, it would be the only one in the world.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They were unsigned page blocks from the Gift edition.
    Thanks for the info Jerome

Country
    Country Flag

They were unsigned page blocks from the Gift edition.
    So cool...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This cover is quite nice. At first I thought that it was for the german FD,NS and then I noticed the Salem in the title...
    >>> http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Brennen-muss-...E:B:SS:FR:1120

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ooooohhh I'd like to have that... but I'm pretty sure it'll end up selling for >$500. Can't go that high. I think this is the first copy I've seen for sale since I started collecting.

Country
    Country Flag

Ooooohhh I'd like to have that... but I'm pretty sure it'll end up selling for >$500. Can't go that high. I think this is the first copy I've seen for sale since I started collecting.
    I am prepared to go to $500 on this...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Looks beautiful, I think I'll go $1500 for it. Can't really undervalue such a rare edition.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post
    Looks beautiful, I think I'll go $1500 for it. Can't really undervalue such a rare edition.
    Not sure if you are kidding (or trying to scare off bidders). The market will define the price, but $1.5K is an awful lot of money. I might even sell mine for that.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My $3,000 bid is in

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

$1500 would be too much, IMO. It's rare, sure, but it's a rebound text block of an unsigned gift edition. A couple hundred dollars for what is basically a piece of curiosa would be about right I think.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$1500 would be too much, IMO. It's rare, sure, but it's a rebound text block of an unsigned gift edition. A couple hundred dollars for what is basically a piece of curiosa would be about right I think.
    If you had asked me before the auction. I'd have put the value at $300-$500.
    I'm trying to remember how many were made, but certainly far fewer than the 600 of the true gift edition. Wild guess is <50.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    My $3,000 bid is in
    Not too sharp. Someone just sniped you at $3,001....

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tomas at skcollector is selling the gift edition (with traycase and pictures) for $650. If the re-bound one sells for $1500, I'll buy Tomas' copy, rip the cover off and have it rebound.

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    My $3,000 bid is in
    Not too sharp. Someone just sniped you at $3,001....
    Fine, $3,001.01.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Tomas at skcollector is selling the gift edition (with traycase and pictures) for $650. If the re-bound one sells for $1500, I'll buy Tomas' copy, rip the cover off and have it rebound.
    hahahahahahahahaha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 571 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 71 471 521 561 569 570 571 572 573 581 621 671 1071 ... LastLast