Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 501 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 499 500 501 502 503 511 551 601 1001 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,525 of 27551

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Richard Christian Matheson has a traycased lettered “PC” copy of DYSTOPIA he is interested in selling (the book is long sold out).
    FYI: A PC lettered edition sold last month on eBay for $635.
    I wonder if this PC version comes with all the extras that the proper Lettered edition has?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Richard Christian Matheson has a traycased lettered “PC” copy of DYSTOPIA he is interested in selling (the book is long sold out).
    FYI: A PC lettered edition sold last month on eBay for $635.
    I wonder if this PC version comes with all the extras that the proper Lettered edition has?
    I would assume so. I can't afford this right now otherwise I'd email them and ask.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone looking for a MOTH?
    This was just sent to me - a litttle too deep for my pockets at the moment, but perhaps someone here might give it a home. I can send the contact info to anyone interested:

Signed, with Moth Contributors, and with note by the editor

King, Stephen. Moth. Orono, Maine: The Blanket Conspiracy, 1970. First edition. Stiff paper wrappers. Unpaginated. Author's first book appearance. The first appearance in book form of three poems by Stephen King, predating any commercial printing of his work. Moth was an anthology which evolved out of a poetry seminar at the University of Maine, where King was a student at the time. Other contributers include Tabitha Spruce, who not long after married Stephen to become Tabitha King. (In his autobiographical book, On Writing, King writes of falling in love with Tabitha during this poetry workshop-he also describes the workshop at some length in the book.) Another contributor was Michael Alpert, who later worked with King as co-founder of Philtrum Press, where he designed and composed the type for the ultra rare publication The Plant, and the limited editions of The Eyes of the Dragon, and Six Stories. The most important poem by King in Moth is the first: "The Dark Man," the genesis of his sprawling epic, The Dark Tower The second poem is titled "Donovan's Brain," inspired by the book and movie of the same name. King did other poems and stories for literary magazines before he was published commercially but this anthology represents the most important work of this form by King, as well as being the confluence for people of significance to King's life and work.

Signed by “Steve King,” Tabitha Spruce, Michael Alpert and 11 of the 12 contributors.

The signatures are on the verso of the front cover, including the two editors, Bruce Holsapple and George MacCleod, who also contributed to the anthology, and Diane McPherson, who drew the cover illustration as well as contributing a poem. This must have been signed soon after publication, before the contributors dispersed from the University of Maine campus. It's undoubtedly a very early copy as King signs his name “Steve” and Tabitha is still a Spruce. I've had Moth's with a few signatures in the past; I've never had a copy with nearly all the contributors signatures.

Pinhole indentation on front cover; some moderate soiling on the back cover, 3 small stains and a crease on the title page, light staining to the fore-edge else Very Good. $1,500 postpaid/insured

Also laid in to this copy - A typed note, signed, from Bruce Holsapple, one of the editors, to the publisher of another journal, asking to trade publications: "I honestly can't afford a single one." The publisher returned Holsapple's note, with a handwritten note agreeing to the trade. If, as is likely, Holsapple was trading Moth for another journal, that would have been a fine trade on one end.

*A contributor by the name of David Lyon did not sign this copy. J.J. Bishop, who wrote the introduction but did not contribute any poetry, also did not sign.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I hate that I cannot bid on the Six Stories... won't ship to canada or take my emails...
    PM sent. I will buy it for you.

Ralph
    Oh my God...I love your avatar!!!!

(Btw, lovely of you to help!)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

OK - i thought these were a little rarer than that. No worries, I'm happy with the purchase anyhoo. Is there any info on this site on these volumes?
    It seems the market is rising for these. This set is going for more than you paid (It does have the extra book.) It looks like the condition might be worse than yours too. F&SF Magazine - The Gunslinger

They are in the Short Works Wiki.
    The Gunslinger
    The Way Station
    The Oracle And The Mountains
    The Slow Mutants
    The Gunslinger And The Darkman
    Thanks Br!an!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I highly recommend the seller of this item.

If anyone here wants it, they can buy it direct for 10% off.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol I think he is shaddy, hehe
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this is overpriced, but cool to see a matching set of Talisman s/l, Blackhouse s/l and the Talisman/BH gift edition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...item43c0f55423

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Strange... This copy of Misery is for sale via Very Fine Books for $750. Meanwhile, Betts just sold a copy with the exact same inscription (To Pat and Carmen) for $225. Assuming it is the same copy, does VFBooks really think they can sell this for that much?

http://bit.ly/Lrh92Z

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Strange... This copy of Misery is for sale via Very Fine Books for $750. Meanwhile, Betts just sold a copy with the exact same inscription (To Pat and Carmen) for $225. Assuming it is the same copy, does VFBooks really think they can sell this for that much?

I used to cruise his site a lot before dealing with David... needless to say I have not been to his site in a very long time...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

VFs prices are ridiculous. I don't look at the site either... This was on eBay.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL Actually I just went there to see the pricing because it has been so long... and MAN OH MAN your statement... was a under-statement. LOOOOOOOOOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I stopped looking at the VF Books site a long, long time ago. The prices were just ridiculous.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the link do not work?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It works for me. That is a book I'd consider bidding on but they don't ship overseas.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed on bookplate, but looks legit. $9.99:
    Stephen King Insomnia Signed Autographed Book Hardcover Bookplate

3 bids, $103:
    Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. 1st US. F/F. SIGNED

6 bids, $127.50 (and the worst signature-if legit, I have seen):
    Doctor Sleep by Stephen King, 1stUS, SIGNED, F/F (2013, Hardcover)

5 hours left, 46 bids, $105:
    Stephen King Full Dark No Stars Signed 1st/1st

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed on bookplate, but looks legit. $9.99:
    6 bids, $127.50 (and the worst signature-if legit, I have seen):
    [B]Doctor Sleep by Stephen King, 1stUS, SIGNED, F/F (2013, Hardcover)
    It is bad, but the ones done via Sharpie are worse.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

IT By Stephen King- Presentation Page Proofs
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/201022167418

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Has anybody ever SOLD to Very Fine Books?

Their prices are ridiculous, but they're fairly local to me, so might be a good selling option...I wonder if they actually have as much inventory as it seems, or are just consigners? Those prices are often absurd.

I did sell them a few books 6-7 years ago, but I don't know that he was in business at the time, or more of a collector.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    LOL Actually I just went there to see the pricing because it has been so long... and MAN OH MAN your statement... was a under-statement. LOOOOOOOOOL
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I stopped looking at the VF Books site a long, long time ago. The prices were just ridiculous.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

Their prices are ridiculous, but they're fairly local to me, so might be a good selling option...I wonder if they actually have as much inventory as it seems, or are just consigners? Those prices are often absurd.

I did sell them a few books 6-7 years ago, but I don't know that he was in business at the time, or more of a collector.
    I'd like to give a different perspective on VFB, one given to me by the Anonymous collector whose books I presented in a recent collection thread. Like most of the comments above, I also felt VFB's prices were a little OTT, however I have in the past made a purchase from them. (more on this later).

When Anonymous told me that most of his purchases were through VFB, I expressed suprise and commented on the prices. He told me that he had a very good relationship with Emmanuel (VFB proprietor) and that he purchased from him for the following reasons:
    1. He is considered a favoured customer and is always given 'discount' pricing
    2. The books he is sold are always of the finest quality
    3. For the level of service he gets. Often Emmanuel will search for books on his behalf, acting as a proper dealer rather than just a bookstore. Anything he is not happy with can be returned without question

I think Emmanuel specialises in this type of customer, one who expects a very high level of service and is willing to pay extra for it.

With regards to my own purchase from VFB, I bough a signed copy of Misery during their recent sale (NOTE not the one in the ebay sale mentioned above). It was priced higher than the market value, but the sale included a number of other books including a gift edition of From A Buick 8 which I felt as a package justified the single book price. As some of you may be aware from other postings I have made, there was an issue with the book not being a 1st/1st as described (there were NO issues with the Sig). I contacted Emmanuel and not only did he refund the price of the book (including shipping) he also paid for the book to be shipped back and allowed me to keep the additional volumes. I doubt many dealers would offer this level of customer service.

As with all things in life, you pays your money and takes your choice...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

I have....over the years I would say I have sold him at least 20 books.

I won't comment on his prices...those are his business, but I will say he is very professional, and detail oriented.

He wants the best, which, since his company name is VFB, that make sense.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I won't comment on his prices...those are his business, but I will say he is very professional, and detail oriented.

He wants the best, which, since his company name is VFB, that make sense.
    That is an excellent viewpoint.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    IT By Stephen King- Presentation Page Proofs
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/201022167418
    Not often seen for sale... I think this is the third copy I've seen for sale since I started looking for proofs. It's harder to find than the Viking IT proof. But $600 is way too much considering the condition it's in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 501 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 499 500 501 502 503 511 551 601 1001 ... LastLast