Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 541 1041 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That fourth edition of the Market Guide for Young Writers (with King's "Hotel at the End of the Road") is up for a rather unique auction:

A long-time Cemetery Dance customer from the local area fell on hard times
    and he asked us if we could help him sell some of his collection. We listed
    some very successful auctions on eBay for him, but he recently discovered
    that he had another copy of one of the most popular items we offered on his
    behalf (it sold for over $500!) and he wanted to know if we could try
    selling this copy, too. Instead of going the eBay route this time, we're
    just going to offer this book in a different way, so we can try to sell it a
    little quicker for him! Read on for details!

Market Guide for Young Writers:
    Featuring a LONG LOST and VERY RARE
    STEPHEN KING SHORT STORY!!!

"The Hotel At The End Of The Road"

*** One Copy For Sale! ***

The Market Guide For Young Writers is a trade paperback book from the 1990s
    that was written for school libraries and English classrooms, especially
    those that have Young Authors programs. It was to be used in creative
    writing classes for children who aspire to be writers.

Included in the book is also an EXTREMELY RARE short story that Stephen King
    wrote as a teenager!

The story is called "The Hotel At The End of the Road" and King says in his
    introduction: "This has been very painful for me but I managed to dig up the
    rotting body of one of the stories written as a teen of about thirteen. I
    think your readers will see what a what a really dreadful story it is, but I
    think they will also see maybe the first sprouts of what has become the
    world's bestselling Venus flytrap."

This is a unique chance to see the early ideas of King's work and how he
    would eventually develop into the master of horror.

This is a great book for a young writer, even if the specific market
    information is out of date, and this is a MUST HAVE item for Stephen King
    collectors! How many of you have read the oldest story of King's that has
    ever appeared in print, after all? The covers, spine, and edges of the pages
    show a little wear from the age of the book, but there is no highlighting or
    anything like that inside the covers, and all in all, most people would
    consider this to be in good shape. This is a GREAT addition to any Stephen
    King fans collection, so don't miss your chance to own it!

This book comes from a SMOKE FREE home. We will be packing and shipping it
    from the Cemetery Dance warehouse in Forest Hill, Maryland.

Images of the book and the beginning of King's story:
    http://www.cemeterydance.com/ebay/customer/06A.jpg
    http://www.cemeterydance.com/ebay/customer/06B.jpg

HOW TO BID:
    We're going to auction off this copy via a private email auction on behalf
    of our customer. To bid, all you have to do is email your BEST OFFER to
    webmaster@cemeterydance.com with the subject line "Stephen King Auction Best
    Offer".

We'll reply and confirm we received your email and you will be notified if
    you're the high bidder. If you're not the high bidder, you will be told the
    current high bid and you can bid again if you like.

At 6 PM EST on Thursday, June 12, 2008, we'll email the winner!

Because of the way email works, you probably should just email your best
    offer as soon as you decide what this item is worth to you and not risk
    trying to bid at the last second. We're not responsible for emails that
    don't arrive in time or that we never receive, etc. We can accept PayPal or
    credit cards for this item. No coupons or store credit or any kind can be
    used toward the purchase. If you have any questions, just email
    webmaster@cemeterydance.com for more information!

As always, thanks again for your continuing support!
    ----------------------------------------
    Some very cool Stephen King news is coming soon -- keep watching your inbox
    for details!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    http://www.stephenkingnews.com
    John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Thanks, Bev!.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

:S
    Thanks John maybe?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he was thanking Bev for the information on the previous page.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh. . I was in the moon then

3rd printing....but in pristine condition:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=009
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

An auction for 3 DT comics issues of Jae Lee variants, to a great price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=010

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone ever heard about this?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sandman-Vol-Worlds-End/dp/1563891719"]The Sandman Vol. 8: Worlds' End[/ame]
    apparently a comic with foreward by Steve...

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got my heart rate up for no reason

I saw an auction on eBay UK for a signed 1st trade edition of Song of Susannah (the only signed trade edition I am missing in my collection), but:

1) The auction seller is rareandsigned
    2) The signature is on a laid in index card

The search continues....

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

But isn't exciting the search of the desired item?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Does anyone ever heard about this?

The Sandman Vol. 8: Worlds' End
    apparently a comic with foreward by Steve...
    Published in 1994. You should be able to find a hardcover first edition for not too much more money. Here is one:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...6x%3D0%26y%3D0

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes Ari, I do love the chase. Better that it is books and not women as far as my wife is concerned!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I was surprised to see this proof sell at this price, especially for the condition of the book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=017

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I was surprised to see this proof sell at this price, especially for the condition of the book.

Only one bidder.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL.

Actually you have to tell your wife that woman chase you and that in order to avoid paying too much attention to them, you really have to focus on books.

I do that with my girlfriend
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I only paid about $400 for mine about three years ago and it's in better condition that this one.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Only one bidder.
    Yes, just the one. IMO, the seller was starting with his dream selling price and would more than likely have relisted at a lower price if no one bid. I guess I'm just surprised that someone took the bait. It's a scarce proof but not that scarce.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    LOL.

Actually you have to tell your wife that woman chase you and that in order to avoid paying too much attention to them, you really have to focus on books.

I do that with my girlfriend
    clever

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

I saw an auction on eBay UK for a signed 1st trade edition of Song of Susannah (the only signed trade edition I am missing in my collection), but:

The search continues....
    And why is rareandsigned a bad seller? I probably have seen their auctions, but just don't remember. I'm picky about what I bid on anyway and rarely bid these days because gasoline is almost as expensive as a S/L.

These are really hard to find:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:WNA:US:1123

The first separate HC appearance of the story. Supposedly "only" 1000 were done. Most went to libraries. I'm not sure what an ex-lib copy should sell for but a copy that is NOT ex-lib would probably bring a few hundred dollars. Really a tough book to find in collectible condition.

Country
    Country Flag

Not an auction...
    but does anyone knows the german (limited) ed ot Rage, "angst"?
    by Phantasia, apparently 300 copies...

the cover doesnt seem really... related to the story...

maybe illustrated?
    Carlos?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Catoe View Post

The search continues....
    And why is rareandsigned a bad seller? I probably have seen their auctions, but just don't remember. I'm picky about what I bid on anyway and rarely bid these days because gasoline is almost as expensive as a S/L.
    I personally have not had dealings with them, but their prices are often super-inflated to the point of being ridiculous. I have no reason to suspect them of forgeries etc, just too pricey. Also, I think "laid in" signatures are basically worthless.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Catoe View Post

The search continues....
    I personally have not had dealings with them, but their prices are often super-inflated to the point of being ridiculous. I have no reason to suspect them of forgeries etc, just too pricey. Also, I think "laid in" signatures are basically worthless.
    The laid in card is a printed facsimile signature. It's not signed by Stephen King.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

hey, hutch?

what about books that have "signed" labels in them?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    but does anyone knows the german (limited) ed ot Rage, "angst"?
    by Phantasia, apparently 300 copies...

the cover doesnt seem really... related to the story...

to answer myself, according to an ebay listing, it is a phantasia edition of BARES BONES... not RAGE

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that's right it was done by Edition Phantasia and there were 300 copies.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 541 1041 ... LastLast