Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 540 1040 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I was interested in the copy of "Es" being offered, but got the times mixed up and didn't get a bid in on time.

Did anyone here get it? and/or be willing to sell it to me for a small profit?
    Eric-
    what amount did it go for (I guess I can go look it up myself )? I have a copy that I would consider selling, but first I want to see what this one went for. Will be back to you.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Eric-

I will PM you

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I am getting the Alan Clarke oil painting of Roland and the Dark Tower that was used in THE STEPHEN KING UNIVERSE. It sold for more than I wanted but that is the risk I took for placing a fairly high proxy bid. It is a painting that I have wanted for a while but was too slow on the draw when it was offered initially.

Bob-

That's a nice one. Congratulations!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Although not all inclusive, here are some of the prices that items went for (final price includes buyers premium):

S/L Christine $715
    S/L Cujo $600
    Carrie ARC $1125
    Complete same-number DT set I-VII $10,150
    S/L Wizard & Glass UK $360
    S/L Eyes of the Dragon $600
    S/L Firestarter $775
    S/L Es $480
    S/L Regulators $660
    S/L Skeleton Crew $600
    S/L The Stand $1550
    S/L Talisman $570
    S/L Desperation $310
    S/L Danse Macabre $600
    S/L Black House $310

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I've got a few bids in with that auction. But will not know until later what I won.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I am getting the Alan Clarke oil painting of Roland and the Dark Tower that was used in THE STEPHEN KING UNIVERSE. It sold for more than I wanted but that is the risk I took for placing a fairly high proxy bid. It is a painting that I have wanted for a while but was too slow on the draw when it was offered initially.
    Congrats Bob, I placed the first bid on it (just in case no one else bid).

I was surprised it went that high as well but it's a very nice addition to your collection.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Hurray!.

I just checked and I won 12 of the auction. It makes me so happy to know I'm getting a LARGE shipment of books. It's a lot more quantity than monetary value, but hey, the more the better.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Congrats!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Hurray!.

I just checked and I won 12 of the auction. It makes me so happy to know I'm getting a LARGE shipment of books. It's a lot more quantity than monetary value, but hey, the more the better.
    Congratulations, Juliana. From looking at most of the selling prices I suspect you got some good deals even with the buyer's premium added on.

And thanks, all, for the congratulations on the painting I won.

This was my first time to bid with Heritage and I found the process interesting and a little confusing. You can bid multiple ways and on different sites. I really liked watching the live bidding process (even though I only placed a proxy bid). I downloaded the AV plug-in and enjoyed watching the live bidding for a while. Frequently, however, my picture would freeze and I would have to reload the feed. And sometimes I would get no sound for periods of time. Still, the live bidding process seems pretty smooth and I might give it a try next time.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Juliana. Let us know what treasures you got!

I found the process of bidding very confusing. I tried to enter a bid on another item and kept getting rerouted to something completely different. I finally gave up. Next time (if there is one), I'll give it a harder effort.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

I found the process of bidding very confusing. I tried to enter a bid on another item and kept getting rerouted to something completely different. I finally gave up. Next time (if there is one), I'll give it a harder effort.

John
    Were you trying to place a bid through eBay or were you directly on the Heritage site? I didn't have any problems with the Heritage site.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't find the item on the Heritage site, so I tried eBay. It was the re-issue of Carrie that had the rejected dust jacket. Mike Pasiuk got it for $10. I kept getting rerouted to an item that had nothing in common with the Carrie item. This was about five hours before the listing was to have expired.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/...221279805&rd=1

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Although not all inclusive, here are some of the prices that items went for (final price includes buyers premium):

S/L Christine $715
    S/L Cujo $600
    Carrie ARC $1125
    Complete same-number DT set I-VII $10,150
    S/L Wizard & Glass UK $360
    S/L Eyes of the Dragon $600
    S/L Firestarter $775
    S/L Es $480
    S/L Regulators $660
    S/L Skeleton Crew $600
    S/L The Stand $1550
    S/L Talisman $570
    S/L Desperation $310
    S/L Danse Macabre $600
    S/L Black House $310
    Jeeze, very low prices. I wish I knew about it to bid on that Firestarter, I would have loved to have got that for under $800.
    Geoff

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Even with the 22% additional each winning bidder must pay for their winning auctions, some of the items were good deals.
    Not sure how I got the Carrie for $10, but I'll take it...

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I couldn't find the item on the Heritage site, so I tried eBay.
    Heritage has so many auctions scheduled that sometimes it is hard to find the one you want. And then there are usually several sessions within each auction. It's easy to get confused.

If you haven't already you should register with Heritage and tell them what types of items you are interested in (i.e. books, artwork, etc.). Then you get an e-mail when an auction is scheduled that might interest you. Scan the auction at that time and put items of interest in your "Tracked Lots" (similar to eBay's Watch List). Then you don't have to wade through the entire auction listings to find the item again. I actually found the "My Heritage" page a very easy way to keep up with my bid(s) and watched items.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I won The "Miller" S/N Colorado Kid from this round of auctions

$170.00 Bid
    $ 38.25 Premium 22.5%
    $ 16.14 Sales Tax 7.75%
    $224.39 Total plus shipping

Less than original issue price.

The opening bid was $150, and I placed an absentee bid of $170...and there were no other bidders, but I still ended up paying $170. I don't get it.

I forgot to consider I would be paying sales tax when I placed my bid, so I was not quite as happy with my purchase as I thought I would be...but still happy.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I won The Colorado Kid from this auction for $170 plus 22.5% ($38.25) plus tax ($16.14) = $224.39 plus shipping.

Less than issue price.
    tippy4 you, also, should register with Heritage and bid on their site and not through eBay. The commission is 19.5% if you bid directly with Heritage vs. 22.5% if you bid through eBay.

I assume you live in Texas since you are having to pay sales tax. Where do you live?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, tippy4, I thought you lived in California. You shouldn't have had to pay the sales tax. And I'd ask them about why you had to pay the $170, too.

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I do live in California, but for some reason assumed I was going to get hit with sales tax.

I have not gotten an invoice yet.

I think I was confusing them with PBA Galleries which IS located in CA.

Alright! Now I AM very happy with my purchase!

I did not register with Heritage direct as the 3% difference only ammounted to $5.10.

Of course...I did win several auctions from them totaling $330, so I would have saved a total of $9.90 if I had.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Just found this in their Terms and Conditions....

25. Lots delivered in the States of Texas, California, or other states where the Auction may be held, are subject to all applicable state and local taxes, unless appropriate permits are on file with Auctioneer.

Guess we will have to wait for the invoice to see if I get stuck paying sales tax.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Stressed

John, if you go to their home page and enter ' Stephen King' on the 'search by keyword or lot number', it will pull up all the auction related if it's still an upcoming auction.

I won 3 of the UK S/L and the omnibus hardcover set, a 2nd Gunslinger, 16 UK 1st editions, some periodicals and others.

Watching the live bidding was a trip. It took only about 3 seconds for each lot to get sold. Faster than I can calculate the buyer's premium. LOL!.

Tippy, I don't think you have to pay the tax. I'm in CA too and I wasn't taxed by Heritage in the past.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the tip, fsmdr. I'll try that next time!

John

My Mood
    Stressed

Not an auction but I came across this below. I've never heard of this, maybe someone here can shed some light?.

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...sku=1597801437

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Not an auction, but I received this e-mail from Gauntlet Press that might be of interest to some:

Stephen King Edition of Gauntlet Magazine (c. 1992) Available for Ordering

For Stephen King fans new to our newsletter we have a unique collectible. In 1992 Gauntlet magazine issue #2 was devoted to Stephen King. It included an expanded version of "The Dreaded X", his non-fiction piece on film censorship that had appeared only in the "Castle Rock" newsletter. The magazine also contains an entire Stephen King section as well as two short stories by Ray Bradbury dealing with censorship. We had thought the issue was sold out after we relocated from the Philadelphia area to Colorado. Last year we discovered a box with copies in mint condition. Ten copies remain. Check out the Gauntlet magazine webpage by clicking here and get your order in before we're sold out.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Not an auction but I came across this below. I've never heard of this, maybe someone here can shed some light?.

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...sku=1597801437
    The Living Dead is a follow-up to the Wastelands themed anthology from Night Shade. It contains King's "Home Delivery" as well as Joe Hill's "Bobby Conroy Comes Back From the Dead" and a bunch of other zombie story reprints.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 540 1040 ... LastLast