Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 530 1030 ... LastLast

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    ABE:

It proof

It proof

John
    I noticed the copy on ebay looks to be in G condition and they two cited on ABE are in VG condition. If a serious buyer is interested in a Fine copy they may want to contact me. The proof of IT is scarce and finding one in fine condition even more so. Once again I don't have the book listed on my site.... but I suppose I can add it in later this evening.

http://www.stephenkingbuy.com

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This is cheap.

CARRIE - STEPHEN KING Personalised Signed & Dated Copy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=011

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    This is cheap.

It is interesting that the UK eBay site is still showing user ID's. I wish the US site still did.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    This is cheap.

It is interesting that the UK eBay site is still showing user ID's. I wish the US site still did.
    I never noticed that. I think they must have changed it back lately. It used to be the same as the US site.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a "Make Offer" auction, obviously with a silly 10K BIN provision.
    I say its's worth 2.1K

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I say its's worth 2.1K
    That would be the initial purchase price, right? Weren't they $750 each? A matched set should add something to the value. The question is "How much?" The matched numbers really don't do anything at all for me.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I say its's worth 2.1K

I pretty much agree with that value...but it is sort of funny...those are in effect "lettered" editions after all, and there will be very few truly matched sets of all three. I mean, the lettered SK is worth $3K and that's for just one book with technically more copies.

Obviously not a great comparison, given how rare we know SC is, but it's funny how some books, just as limited, don't get the same reputation.

Yes, the issue price was around $750, which was crazy for such a trifle of a book in the first place.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Plus, wasn't all the artwork from all the artists collected at the end of those editions, no matter the artist the book specifically belonged to. And they we're signed by all the artists, so who cares? Pick your favourite cover illustration and get that one!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've noticed items from the seller is often rather high-priced, too.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

And you thought collecting King was expensive_
    Gutenberg Bible:
    http://origin.ih.constantcontact.com...=1102023642520
    Quill & Brush, Inc.

A rare opportunity to own . . .
    </IMG>
    A NOBLE FRAGMENT: Being a Leaf of The Gutenberg Bible 1450 - 55.
    New York: Gabriel Wells, 1921.
    Only edition. Reportedly one of 600 copies, each with an original leaf of The Gutenberg Bible tipped-in. Designed by Bruce Rogers and printed by William Edwin Rudge. Introduction by A. Edward Newton.

The "greatest of all printed books," the Gutenberg Bible was the first book printed from movable type in the Western hemisphere. Only forty-eight copies of the bible are known, most of which are incomplete. EVERY LEAF, OR FRAGMENT, OF THIS BIBLE REPRESENTS A RARE TANGIBLE PIECE OF CULTURAL HISTORY, AND AN IMMENSE ACHIEVEMENT IN THE ART AND CRAFT OF PRINTING. The leaves for this edition were removed from the imperfect Mannheim-Zouch-Sabin copy after it was acquired by the New York bookseller Gabriel Wells, who broke it up to produce this leaf book.

The book is bound in original full black blindstamped morocco by Stikeman & Co., front cover lettered in gilt. Gilt turn-ins, grey endpapers. Folio. [6] pp. of text, with portion of title-page and one initial letter printed in red. Head and foot of spine are lightly worn, with just a scant third-inch at base of spine chipped away.

ORIGINAL LEAF FROM THE GUTENBERG BIBLE TIPPED-IN: Leaf measures 15 1/2 x 11 1/4 inches; 393 x 287 mm. Printed on recto and verso; black gothic lettering, forty-two lines, double columns. Rubricated in red, with headlines, chapter numbers, and large initial letters (supplied, as is often the case) in red and blue. The leaf in this copy is very clean except for very minor foxing to margins; the ink is still very black and crisp. The text is the Vulgate Latin text of Jeremiah 24:15 and 16, (with portions of verses 14 and 17). "Then said the LORD unto me, Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my mind could not be toward this people: cast them out of my sight, and let them go forth." There are three two-line initials (two 'E's' and one 'P'), three Roman numeral verse numbers, and two headlines, all hand-inked alternately in red and blue. $65,000.

"Its printers were competing in the market hitherto supplied by the producers of high-class manuscripts. The design of the book and the layout of the book were therefore based on the book-hand and manuscript design of the day, and a very high standard of press-work was required--and obtained--to enable the new mechanical product to compete successfully with its hand-produced rivals. Standards were set in quality of paper and blackness of ink, in design and professional skill, which the printers of later generations have found difficult to maintain." (Printing and the Mind of Man)
    We are pleased to offer this rare book to you. It is not yet available for purchase on the internet. If you would like to purchase it, or should you have any questions, email Allen at allen@qbbooks.com. Or, call us toll-free at 1-888-261-8581. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Allen & Patricia Ahearn
    Quill & Brush, Inc. 1137 Sugarloaf Mountain Road
    Dickerson, MD 20842
    301-874-3200
    www.qbbbooks.com

</IMG>

Forward email
    This email was sent to zoidsmith@aol.com, by beth@qbbooks.com
    Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.
    Email Marketing by
    Quill & Brush, Inc. | 1137 Sugarloaf Mountain Road | Dickerson | MD | 20842

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; }$65,000

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

!!!!!

I have nothing else to say!

John

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

praise the lord!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

$65K?

Makes buying a DTI S/L seem much more affordable.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is just insane to me. I'm not religious myself, so the idea of cutting up the bible isn't what bothers me. However, from a historical point of view I think this is horrible. Just going from the brief history given here there are only 48 Gutenburg's and most are incomplete. I would think that those interested in such a thing would want to keep even the imperfect ones complete as possible. Instead you have someone cutting it up to put one page in a bunch of books going out to book collectors. I just don't get it myself.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    That is just insane to me. I'm not religious myself, so the idea of cutting up the bible isn't what bothers me. However, from a historical point of view I think this is horrible. Just going from the brief history given here there are only 48 Gutenburg's and most are incomplete. I would think that those interested in such a thing would want to keep even the imperfect ones complete as possible. Instead you have someone cutting it up to put one page in a bunch of books going out to book collectors. I just don't get it myself.
    At least they didn't make a purse out of it.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Only because of a lack of creativity.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

well I didn't knw where to put this, put this threads seems as good as any.

Jerad from Centipede Press was at the WHC over the weekend with some goodies. I would be very interested in a picture of The Shining.

If I were a rich man....almost like the song, I would have picked up the ultra Salem's Lot they had..1 of 2 including a prototype of The Shining they didn't do, for a mere $12,000. Wonder if anyone bought that big puppy!
    quote taken from the horror mall
    Geoff

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

it is all about the benjamins...$65K per page... over 1000 pages in the complete work; do the math.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerad from Centipede Press was at the WHC over the weekend with some goodies. I would be very interested in a picture of The Shining.
    Sorry Geoff, I didn't understand that What "The Shining" are you talking about.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he means The Shining limited someone has mentioned that Centipede wanted to do. Apparently they made prototypes already.

If you rescue me

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

oh.
    I talked with Jerad and JK Potter about that and Jerad told me that the project died almost inmediately.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I could be wrong, but it appears he made at least two copies. Possibly for presenting the idea. I don't know though.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Very Intriguing...... Stories of Suspense with King story, "In a Half-World of Terror.

Looks like I will have to blow my budget again!

Very Intriguing...... Stories of Suspense with King story, "In a Half-World of Terror.

Looks like I will have to blow my budget again!

Budgets are made to be blown. At least mine usually is.

What do you think it will sell for?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 530 1030 ... LastLast