Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 527 1027 ... LastLast

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King Omnibus

If it goes for $49.99 it is a fair price. I don't see these much.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Stephen King Omnibus

I would not pay any more tha $10 for it. Its not a first edition.

The original Heineman version was 1978. This one is 1984.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Stephen King Omnibus

I'd probalby pay up to $20 for it myself, but then of course I already own a copy so don't have to! Wasn't there a late version that only had three of the stories?
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the original (with four stories) was in the US. The one with three stories was done for the UK. I'm not sure of this, however.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Stephen King Omnibus

I'd probalby pay up to $20 for it myself, but then of course I already own a copy so don't have to! Wasn't there a late version that only had three of the stories?
    You can get a 1981 version for a BIN price of $9.99 (or less) on ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-SHI...QQcmdZViewItem

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I think the original (with four stories) was in the US. The one with three stories was done for the UK. I'm not sure of this, however.

John
    That's what I understand too. The US and UK editions were published simultaneously in 1981. From what I heard the UK publisher had difficulty getting copyright clearance (if that is the correct term) for some of the stories in NIGHT SHIFT and had to completely omit the whole book from the anthology.

Both editions have undergone subsequent printings and should be easily identifiable by statements to that effect on the copyright page.

Here is a photo - US version on the left, UK on the right.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank for the correct info (and pictures) Bob.

I got the 1978 date from Chris Cavalier's collection:

Stephen King Omnibus - Heineman 1978 US - 1st HB Collects Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining & Night Shift for the first time in one volume Signed Fine

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't sure whether to put this in this thread or the eBay BS thread:

Signed bookmark

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Bob are you sure these are the first versions of this omnibus? I think Hinemann maybe published it in 1978 and these versions are a movie tie-in type version. (The Shining movie was 1980)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Bob are you sure these are the first versions of this omnibus? I think Hinemann maybe published it in 1978 and these versions are a movie tie-in type version. (The Shining movie was 1980)

I'm pretty sure these are the first publications. Both state "First published in 1981.....etc." on the copyright page.

I think some of the confusion starts with the copyright info on the copyright page. It lists the copyright dates for the individual books in the anthology which were all, of course, prior to 1981. I doubt an anthology of these books could have been done in 1978. That was the year NIGHT SHIFT was initially published in hardcover by Doubleday.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My mistake to not realize it isn't a first.(If that is in fact the case)
    To my understanding, the CR page should state (based upon me looking at my own copy):
    This edition first published in the United States of America
    By arrangement with Doubleday & Company, Inc
    In 1981 jointly by
    William Heinemann Inc
    And
    Octopus Books Inc
    747 Third Avenue,
    New York, NY 10017

Why do you think this? Can you give a bibliographic reference that can be checked or, better yet, a photo of the book?

Country
    Country Flag

Its the Octopus/Heinemann joint publishing that bothers me. Octopus tend to do later editions. It does use the word 'THIS' edition, which could mean there was another one.

The Chris Cavalier says first published by Heinmann only.

Country
    Country Flag

Why do you think this? Can you give a bibliographic reference that can be checked or, better yet, a photo of the book?
    I only have the same one as RF. My reference comes from the Chris Cavalier collection only. This could have been a typo.

cc104 - Stephen King Omnibus - Heineman 1978 US - 1st HB Collects Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining & Night Shift for the first time in one volume Signed Fine $350.00
    cc105 - Stephen King Omnibus - Heineman 1978 US - 1st HB Collects Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining & Night Shift for the first time in one volume Unsigned Fine $65.00

I only have the same one as RF. My reference comes from the Chris Cavalier collection only. This could have been a typo.

cc104 - Stephen King Omnibus - Heineman 1978 US - 1st HB Collects Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining & Night Shift for the first time in one volume Signed Fine $350.00
    cc105 - Stephen King Omnibus - Heineman 1978 US - 1st HB Collects Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining & Night Shift for the first time in one volume Unsigned Fine $65.00
    I'm pretty sure it is a typo or a misreading of the copyright page information but I would be most interested if anyone has definitive information to the contrary.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just my two cents worth, all my records show a 1981 publication date for both.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Just my two cents worth, all my records show a 1981 publication date for both.

John
    I think your two cents are worth at least $49.99 (for a first edition).

I'm pretty sure it is a typo or a misreading of the copyright page information but I would be most interested if anyone has definitive information to the contrary.
    I agree-unless or until someone shows a CR page with 1978 on it.

Edit: I am most certain the 1978 date is a typo. 'The Stephen King Companion' by George Beahm © 1989 lists the book as 1978, but 'Stephen King Collectibles: An Illustrated Price Guide' by George Beahm © 2000 lists the date as 1981.

I agree-unless or until someone shows a CR page with 1978 on it.
    I would bet a substantial sum that no edition prior to 1981 exists. But I have been wrong before.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a real nice set:

Lettered Gunslinger + II-VII all number 616.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-The...QQcmdZViewItem

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Here is a real nice set:

But what is the reserve amount???

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Here is a real nice set:

More than the current bid.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Here is a real nice set:

More than the current bid.
    Ya think

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

It's more than $4000....that was my bid to test the water.

Recognising the seller, the reserve will be around $14K

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the seller typically prices their books very high, IMO, so Ceri may be close.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    It's more than $4000....that was my bid to test the water.

Recognising the seller, the reserve will be around $14K
    I got sent an email ( not from the seller ) that said the reserve was set at $22,000

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 527 1027 ... LastLast