Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1050 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 50 550 950 1000 1040 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1060 1100 ... LastLast
Results 26,226 to 26,250 of 27551

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dolan's Cadillac by Stephen King MANUSCRIPT w/Letter from Agent - RARE

> BIN 488 or bestoffer on ebay

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!! Stephen King Full Dark No Stars SIGNED LIMITED (1/100) SCRIBNER

New (Other)
    $2,000.00
    FAST 'N FREEor Best Offer
    Guaranteed by Sat, Jun. 27Free shipping

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Limited 1st Ed - Best of Cemetery Dance Signed by 64 Inc Stephen King Laymon etc

$221.72
    Jun-28 09:310 bids
    From United Kingdom+$29.56 shipping

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting covers, but probably overpriced given condition:

Stephen King The Stand Paperback Vol.1-5 Complete Series Japanese horror film

Pre-Owned
    $142.99
    Jul-4 03:28Buy It Now
    From JapanFree shipping

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Offer less than BIN:

THE DARK TOWER VI: SONG OF SUSANNAH - SIGNED BY STEPHEN KING - RARE PC!

New (Other)
    $650.00
    Jul-3 13:25or Best Offer
    Free shipping

Gunslinger Apprentice willybusmc has a spectacular aura about willybusmc has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Interesting covers, but probably overpriced given condition:

Stephen King The Stand Paperback Vol.1-5 Complete Series Japanese horror film

Pre-Owned
    $142.99
    Jul-4 03:28Buy It Now
    From JapanFree shipping

If anyone is looking for Japanese editions, feel free to shoot me a message. I live in Japan and see them out and about. No guarantees, and I’m not looking to make money off of them. But if I can help anyone out, I certainly will. Though I have yet to see The Stand.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I would never hide behind an Ebay listing. It is my book, obviously posted by First and Fine.
    Open to offers, as I am sure anybody would realise and the shipping would disappear. I never even noticed it was there!!
    And yes, you are correct.
    ‘Dick’ is appropriate.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Offer less than BIN:

THE DARK TOWER VI: SONG OF SUSANNAH - SIGNED BY STEPHEN KING - RARE PC!

New (Other)
    $650.00
    Jul-3 13:25or Best Offer
    Free shipping

Seller offered to me the book for $500.
    That's a pretty good price, particularly for someone trying to assemble a PC set of The Dark Tower books.

GO FOR IT!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I would never hide behind an Ebay listing. It is my book, obviously posted by First and Fine.
    Open to offers, as I am sure anybody would realise and the shipping would disappear. I never even noticed it was there!!
    ‘Dick’ is appropriate.
    I never even got that far in the listing Alec, saw the price and "plus shipping" and my eyes burned!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    ‘Dick’ is appropriate.
    Alec,
    I have mentioned this before but honestly do you think this item is worth that much money? I know "it's worth what someone is willing to pay".
    But, I just can't figure out why ANYONE would pay this much for a prototype dust jacket? That's all it is. It wasn't even a mistake that was published like Cody/Callahan.
    I am sure on a computer at Scribner there are
    dozens of designs for The Institute and probably some with pricing iterations, if one got printed and slipped out does that make it worth $100K+?
    By this logic, Stories of Suspense, The Drum, Maine Campus etc...should be worth 100's of K's, they are as rare and are far more relevant with King's writing.
    Sorry, I just can't see it or understand it. Maybe I am missing something. You seem like a great collector, I hope you sell it.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    ‘Dick’ is appropriate.
    Alec,
    I have mentioned this before but honestly do you think this item is worth that much money? I know "it's worth what someone is willing to pay".
    But, I just can't figure out why ANYONE would pay this much for a prototype dust jacket? That's all it is. It wasn't even a mistake that was published like Cody/Callahan.
    I am sure on a computer at Scribner there are
    dozens of designs for The Institute and probably some with pricing iterations, if one got printed and slipped out does that make it worth $100K+?
    By this logic, Stories of Suspense, The Drum, Maine Campus etc...should be worth 100's of K's, they are as rare and are far more relevant with King's writing.
    Sorry, I just can't see it or understand it. Maybe I am missing something. You seem like a great collector, I hope you sell it.
    If i won the lottery, i would own a copy. This is like the holy grail for some collectors. it gets sold every so often and is highly discussed and coveted by collectors (especially the older ones like me who absolutely love this book! I thought we all agreed that a book (or cover) is only worth what someone else would pay for it. I would have preferred to pay $20K years ago when these were selling at that price, i thought i heard one sold for $40K at one time.

I will defer to Alex, but i would love to own one (someday).

Still hoping Alex will sell me one of his gunslingers s/l at a reasonable price too! Not sure the "going" price on that book, but one on ebay has not sold for $6900 in along time.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One was sold in NYC for 6 figures last year... so this is not outrageous. I don't think anyways...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There is the old adage that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but I have always thought there is a corollary that something will cost whatever it takes a current owner to decide to sell it.

When you have something as rare as that, there really is no "market" value. I am sure if Alec doesn't find a price he likes he will be more then content to keep it, as I am sure it brings him pride and joy.

I remember reading an interview with Stu from Betts where he said someone offered something like 60K for one and the owner wouldn't sell. (this is a vague recollection of an interview a read several years ago, and I read it several years after it was written, so forgive me if I got the detail wrong).
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    There is the old adage that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but I have always thought there is a corollary that something will cost whatever it takes a current owner to decide to sell it.

When you have something as rare as that, there really is no "market" value. I am sure if Alec doesn't find a price he likes he will be more then content to keep it, as I am sure it brings him pride and joy.

I remember reading an interview with Stu from Betts where he said someone offered something like 60K for one and the owner wouldn't sell. (this is a vague recollection of an interview a read several years ago, and I read it several years after it was written, so forgive me if I got the detail wrong).
    I wish Bob was here... if memory serves it was The Lord of the Dance guy..... Flatley... He collected rare books. He was unable to aquire one if memory serves me...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

For the sake of complete transparency the book that Kris mentioned was mine. I sold it to an intermediary, who then sold it to a rare book collector for around $130,000.
    The copy I have advertised through First and Fine, as AMD013 quite correctly states, will either move or it will remain with me.
    It is fascinating to see the relentless climb of some titles. Who would ever have thought that a signed J.K.Rowling’s ‘The Philosophers Stone’ would be commanding prices over $180,000. The reason I am sure is that globally buyers are working out of a pot of only 200 I believe. Very much the same or even higher with a signed Hobbit. The one criteria appears to be that the books mentioned have reached an iconic status. Perhaps if Carrie or The Stand had been subjected to the same 1st edition error they would have thrown up the same meteoric rise. However I do not think it would be the same with Lisey’s Story.
    I suppose the heartening news is that as long as this relentless drive for books continues, it will, as a matter of course, pull the whole collecting world with it. Nothing succeeds like success, or so they say.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

You are right, a first Philosopher's Stone, a signed Hobbit, have reached iconic status. I can't figure out how a never published prototype dust jacket reaches the same iconic status?
    It is just not in the same league, in my opinion.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think what comes into play with that jacket is the combination of the backstory and the scarcity. It has become almost mythical in a way. And to possess it is to own a little piece of King collecting heaven. So I don’t feel it’s about the object itself. It’s more about the things I’ve just mentioned.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You are right, a first Philosopher's Stone, a signed Hobbit, have reached iconic status. I can't figure out how a never published prototype dust jacket reaches the same iconic status?
    It is just not in the same league, in my opinion.
    Not sure why you are referring to it as a 'prototype' Kerry? It's the original dust jacket that is unclipped and not had a new price printed on it. All 2nd state jackets are in fact 1st state jackets with these modifications.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

True, they originally wanted the higher price and printed the jackets then changed them with the clipped corner and sticker. But, none were actually published or sold on a book.
    Maybe prototype isn't the right word, first initial pricing design? Back then you didn't have the luxury of just printing off a few copies to show around the design team.
    In my mind it is not a printing mistake since they were removed from a file cabinet at Doubleday.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I think what comes into play with that jacket is the combination of the backstory and the scarcity. It has become almost mythical in a way. And to possess it is to own a little piece of King collecting heaven. So I don’t feel it’s about the object itself. It’s more about the things I’ve just mentioned.
    I agree it's an interesting King anomaly just not a 100K worth to me! Do you have some unpublished Misery dust jackets you could sneak onto the market?

Country
    Country Flag

I agree it's an interesting King anomaly just not a 100K worth to me! Do you have some unpublished Misery dust jackets you could sneak onto the market?
    Exactly... not worth it to you. BUT it was worth $130k to someone fairly recently and many times for tens of thousands they has changed hands over the years. I wouldn’t want one... but many other hard core king collectors dream of it some day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Exactly... not worth it to you. BUT it was worth $130k to someone fairly recently and many times for tens of thousands they has changed hands over the years. I wouldn’t want one... but many other hard core king collectors dream of it some day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am not saying I wouldn't want one, I am a very hard core King collector. What I don't understand is the relative value in relation to other King items of similar scarcity yet more valuable in terms of King himself in his writing. Why isn't a copy of The Drum worth 100K+ it's actually more rare and contains one of the very earliest short stories known to exist.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...none were actually published or sold on a book...they were removed from a file cabinet at Doubleday.
    Is this true? Were these dust jackets never part of an actual release?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1050 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 50 550 950 1000 1040 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1060 1100 ... LastLast