Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1001 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 501 901 951 991 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1011 1051 1101 ... LastLast
Results 25,001 to 25,025 of 27551

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Typical 52-copy lettered editions run from A-Z (#1-#26) and AA to ZZ (#27-#52).

Are there exceptions to this rule (barring out-of-series copies)?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Doesnt that make only 26 copies?

So I am guessing that there is :
    A, and AA
    B, and BB
    etc ?
    Yes
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian's right. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my first answer.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Typical 52-copy lettered editions run from A-Z (#1-#26) and AA to ZZ (#27-#52).

Are there exceptions to this rule (barring out-of-series copies)?
    The publisher can choose any method they like to indicate the limitation, so yes there are exceptions. That convention is typical though.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Please bid. This is my auction. Thanks!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Traycased-Kn...53.m1438.l2649
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    It was Adrian Peterson's copy
    Comes complete with a belt
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King - Dark Tower III - The Wastelands 1991 - Still in shipping box MINT

$41.00 current bid
    Long-time seller
    30-day return policy

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Camelot has the Cujo guitar for $5000. They also do layaway. https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/cujo

This is one of the rare King limited editions where you can look at it and say with certainty you know where the money went.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Camelot has the Cujo guitar for $5000. They also do layaway. https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/cujo

This is one of the rare King limited editions where you can look at it and say with certainty you know where the money went.
    I just cannot bring my self to do it. I have every S/L and even the obscure ones but a guitar signed by the man? Nope.. I just cannot imagine spending $5K on that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That is a high-end masterpiece guitar even without King's signature. As a King collectible, it's probably not very interesting but the quality of craftsmanship and materials is worth the price.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    That is a high-end masterpiece guitar even without King's signature. As a King collectible, it's probably not very interesting but the quality of craftsmanship and materials is worth the price.
    Yeah I did hear that before. It’s a wonderfully made guitar. Just not in the book area so not an S/L for me. Be a definite if you were into both king and Music!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If I could play the guitar, I'd own one. But I sold mine after taking 6 months of lessons and still being inept.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If I could play the guitar, I'd own one. But I sold mine after taking 6 months of lessons and still being inept.
    its a good thing you can read - otherwise you'd have to sell off some of those beautiful books
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

While it certainly is a King collectible, it is not a book.

Although it's cool, I don't feel the need to own one.

Like Jerome said, "If I could play the guitar, I'd own one."

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

This came out slighlty before the book but it's still an interesting name piece. Vintage 1981 Dark Tower Electronic Board Game

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Man, I was just a kid working at Waldenbooks when that came out... and then the Dark Tower 4 promo booklet was bundled with the double book sets when they ran out of night lights... and then people were complaining about how they would have preferred that booklet instead of the night light... And then someone from Penguin posted on behalf of SK on the SK Usenet group that he had heard about the "pissing and moaning" and that people needed to grow up...

It's been a very long time, but I think I got the sequence of events right... It was a BIG DEAL at our store, we talked about it all week after that post went up...

Also, wow... I guess I've gotten old... ha!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Man, I was just a kid working at Waldenbooks when that came out... and then the Dark Tower 4 promo booklet was bundled with the double book sets when they ran out of night lights... and then people were complaining about how they would have preferred that booklet instead of the night light... And then someone from Penguin posted on behalf of SK on the SK Usenet group that he had heard about the "pissing and moaning" and that people needed to grow up...

It's been a very long time, but I think I got the sequence of events right... It was a BIG DEAL at our store, we talked about it all week after that post went up...

Brian
    I work at Penguin USA (Viking) and Stephen King has asked me to post the following note to you all. Please feel free to copy and disseminate this. For those of you who are wondering, this is only the second time there has ever been a message from Steve in this newsgroup. The first time was when he was on his motorcycle tour cross country for Insomnia (two years ago) when he posted from a bookstore at Cornell U. Please don't flood us with responses to this letter. Steve will not be reading them. Any responses to this aol email address will just be going to the publisher.

<< November 21, 1996

Gentle Readers:
    It's reached my attention that there's been a fair degree of pissing and moaning about the Wizard and Glass booklet which comes with a dual purchase of Desperation and The Regulators. I swear to God, some of you guys could die and go to heaven and then complain that you had booked a double occupancy room, and where the hell is the sauna, anyway? The major complaints seem to be coming from people who have already bought both books. Those of you who bought the double-pack got the light, right? A freebie. So whatcha cryin' about?
    The booklet was my idea, not the publisher's--a little extra for people who wanted to buy both books after supplies of the famous "Keep You Up All Night" light ran out. If you expect to get the booklet IN ADDITION to the light, all I can say is sorry, Cholly, but there may not be enough booklets to go around. If you bought the two books separately, because there weren't any gift packs left (they sold faster than expected, which is how this booklet deal came up in the first place), go back to where you bought them, tell the dealer what happened, show him/her your proof of (separate) purchase, and they'll take care of you. If they get wise witcha, tell 'em Steve King said that was the deal.
    If you're just jacked because you want to read the first two chapters of Wizard and Glass, wait until the whole thing comes out. Or put it on your T.S. List and give it to the chaplain. In any case, those of you who are yelling and stamping your feet, please stop. If you're old enough to read, you're old enough to behave. STEVE KING >>

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian
    I work at Penguin USA (Viking) and Stephen King has asked me to post the following note to you all. Please feel free to copy and disseminate this. For those of you who are wondering, this is only the second time there has ever been a message from Steve in this newsgroup. The first time was when he was on his motorcycle tour cross country for Insomnia (two years ago) when he posted from a bookstore at Cornell U. Please don't flood us with responses to this letter. Steve will not be reading them. Any responses to this aol email address will just be going to the publisher.

<< November 21, 1996

Gentle Readers:
    It's reached my attention that there's been a fair degree of pissing and moaning about the Wizard and Glass booklet which comes with a dual purchase of Desperation and The Regulators. I swear to God, some of you guys could die and go to heaven and then complain that you had booked a double occupancy room, and where the hell is the sauna, anyway? The major complaints seem to be coming from people who have already bought both books. Those of you who bought the double-pack got the light, right? A freebie. So whatcha cryin' about?
    The booklet was my idea, not the publisher's--a little extra for people who wanted to buy both books after supplies of the famous "Keep You Up All Night" light ran out. If you expect to get the booklet IN ADDITION to the light, all I can say is sorry, Cholly, but there may not be enough booklets to go around. If you bought the two books separately, because there weren't any gift packs left (they sold faster than expected, which is how this booklet deal came up in the first place), go back to where you bought them, tell the dealer what happened, show him/her your proof of (separate) purchase, and they'll take care of you. If they get wise witcha, tell 'em Steve King said that was the deal.
    If you're just jacked because you want to read the first two chapters of Wizard and Glass, wait until the whole thing comes out. Or put it on your T.S. List and give it to the chaplain. In any case, those of you who are yelling and stamping your feet, please stop. If you're old enough to read, you're old enough to behave. STEVE KING >>
    Wow that was harsh!

At anyrate, I could swear that when I bought my copy I got both. I know I have both now, and have no idea of where I would have gotten the W&G booklet if it wasn't with the set. I wasn't a collector back in those days, so I definetly would not have made any special effort to acquire the booklet. I'll double check that they are both 1st printings, but I am pretty sure they are, otherwise, I would have bought another set by now.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Wow that was harsh!

At anyrate, I could swear that when I bought my copy I got both. I know I have both now, and have no idea of where I would have gotten the W&G booklet if it wasn't with the set. I wasn't a collector back in those days, so I definetly would not have made any special effort to acquire the booklet. I'll double check that they are both 1st printings, but I am pretty sure they are, otherwise, I would have bought another set by now.
    A lot of stores carried loose stacks of the W&G preview and could be sweet-talked out of them.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

You don’t see this too often, UK Carrie 1st in decent shape and seller accepting offers 2K OBO.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254218502415
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    You don’t see this too often, UK Carrie 1st in decent shape and seller accepting offers 2K OBO.

I think that’s WAY high for that book in that condition....

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post

I think that’s WAY high for that book in that condition....

Hence the ‘or best offer’ component.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1001 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 501 901 951 991 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1011 1051 1101 ... LastLast