Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 332 732 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by scstandpipe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You know what? On closer inspection I believe you are correct. Which begs the question, why on earth would King play anything less than a Strat? If you got the money, Honey................Hmmmmmmmm

I'm a drummer, and if I had King's money I wouldn't play anything less than a top of the line Ludwig or Pearl kit. Just my 3 beans.
    Your 3 beans speak truth. Lol I agree it should be of higher quality, but who knows the exact details surrounding the signing??
    I don't know anything about guitars so I find your discussion interesting. However I am more interested in the signature itself and I haven't heard anyone casting any doubts as to its veracity. It doesn't look real to me. Now, granted, signing a guitar with what looks like a black magic marker may cause the sig to look different from his usual sig but I really doubt this sig is real.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    You know what? On closer inspection I believe you are correct. Which begs the question, why on earth would King play anything less than a Strat? If you got the money, Honey................Hmmmmmmmm

I'm a drummer, and if I had King's money I wouldn't play anything less than a top of the line Ludwig or Pearl kit. Just my 3 beans.
    Your 3 beans speak truth. Lol I agree it should be of higher quality, but who knows the exact details surrounding the signing??
    I don't know anything about guitars so I find your discussion interesting. However I am more interested in the signature itself and I haven't heard anyone casting any doubts as to its veracity. It doesn't look real to me. Now, granted, signing a guitar with what looks like a black magic marker may cause the sig to look different from his usual sig but I really doubt this sig is real.
    That sig looks like 100% nonsense to me.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

--
    Last edited by idlewarnings; 10-08-2011 at 04:37 AM. Reason: double post

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Why are there so many double posts in this thread?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wokka, wokka.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post

Dude, that looks to be a "Stratogaster"
    Oops! I totally assumed it was an el cheapo strat-clone... That makes it quite a bit cooler.

I'm pretty sure (unless I'm having trouble reading the picture) it's a Squier, which is a cheap version of a stratocaster. Unless things have changed recently (I used to be really into guitars), $100 should be reasonable for the actual guitar itself.

I don't think the listing mentions anywhere that the guitar belonged to King. So while I agree that King would have probably bought a true Stratocaster, this specific guitar does indeed seem to be of the cheaper variety.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol @ Alan G

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    The site was running slow this morning due to a server backup that ran over. People clicked twice when it didn't appear their post was loading.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The site was running slow this morning due to a server backup that ran over. People clicked twice when it didn't appear their post was loading.
    That is not what happened with my posts this morning. I just deleted the duplicates when they occurred but I never clicked twice to post.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Me neither. But I'm happy the glitch is gone!

Gunslinger Apprentice misterman is on a distinguished road misterman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post

That sig looks like 100% nonsense to me.
    It's too bad you can't trust that DNA PSI certification thingy.

Hopefully one day they will perfect the metrics of it and a Messenger Robot can be trusted to be 100% accurate at weather forecasts and verifying Sigs ;>
    -Searching for the "Perfect Key Lime Pie."

Yes, it is too bad that you can't trust them. But you can't. And as far as I know none of the certification services are trustworthy. But you can get plenty of help (for free) on this site. There are a lot of members here who have been looking at real and fake King signatures for several years and are real good at telling them apart.

Interesting reading. It seems that PSA/DNA knows nothing about golf.

http://autographsforsaledotcom.wordp...e-of-the-game/

And, I proclaim that they know nothing about Stephen King either.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Amen brother.....AMEN

Gunslinger Apprentice scstandpipe is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That is not what happened with my posts this morning. I just deleted the duplicates when they occurred but I never clicked twice to post.
    I only clicked once, but it posted twice. And when I tried to delete the duplicates nothing happened, but it's fixed now so no worries.

That's pretty embarrassing to issue a COA with typos like that, seeing as to how they're known for meticulousness. And I would 100% go to you guys for opinions on King's signatures rather than a COA place because not only has it changed over the years, but people like you are much more likely to spot fakes and reals based on years of experience than the average person who has maybe looked at it a few times. Not to say they're bad businesses, just in certain cases I wouldn't go straight to them.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If Bob, hutch, Ralph and a few others said a sk sig was real or fake and sk said the opposite I'd believe sk was wrong.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    If Bob, hutch, Ralph and a few others said a sk sig was real or fake and sk said the opposite I'd believe sk was wrong.
    Thanks Brice....seeing my name along with Bob & Hutch is a true honor. I wonder what King would say about this one just posted on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Signed-...item336cf13e1f

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

King would say it is "crap".

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here!

There was an instance a few years ago where Marsha at King's office "authenticated" a King signature in a copy of THE GUNSLINGER that was a forgery. I don't recall the details but I'm sure hutch does. The panel at SKFakes agreed unanimously that it was a forgery. The seller then asked Marsha. We were astounded when she said it was "consistent with King's signature at the time." It was definitely a blown call. We all can (and do) make mistakes.

Gunslinger Apprentice misterman is on a distinguished road misterman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it is too bad that you can't trust them. But you can't. And as far as I know none of the certification services are trustworthy. But you can get plenty of help (for free) on this site. There are a lot of members here who have been looking at real and fake King signatures for several years and are real good at telling them apart.
    Here's my Graveyard Shift proof, it was signed in 09 -not a sharpie, but a similar type marker.

/gushes w/ pride

-Searching for the "Perfect Key Lime Pie."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Graveyard shift proof? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Thanks Brice....seeing my name along with Bob & Hutch is a true honor. I wonder what King would say about this one just posted on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Signed-...item336cf13e1f
    Your name definitely belongs in their company when discussing king sigs. There are a few others whose opinions i trust too. Being that i suck at identifying sigs. I just don't have the knack for it. I watch for those of you who are good at it.

There was an instance a few years ago where Marsha at King's office "authenticated" a King signature in a copy of THE GUNSLINGER that was a forgery. I don't recall the details but I'm sure hutch does. The panel at SKFakes agreed unanimously that it was a forgery. The seller then asked Marsha. We were astounded when she said it was "consistent with King's signature at the time." It was definitely a blown call. We all can (and do) make mistakes.
    Of course y'all make mistakes, but if I were putting my money down i'd feel MUCH more comfortable with a sig y'all would want. For that matter i' d consider it just as likely that Marsha was mistaken. If y'all feel it's bad noone's getting my money.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Also in my opinion, in instances where the signature might be a real deal, but it just 'looks' fake. For example THE GUNSLINGER and Marsha circumstance above. I've seen signatures on S/L that had I seen it on signed trades, I would say it's fake. I still would not be comfortable buying a genuinely signed copy that the signature itself does not 'look' good and has been called out as fake by the members here. Hope I'm making some sense with this......

Ralph, Bob, Greg and Hutch...you're all the best!.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 332 732 ... LastLast