Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1068 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 68 568 968 1018 1058 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1078 ... LastLast
Results 26,676 to 26,700 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From a purely selfish standpoint, I'm really loving seeing all of these sell for so high (as I was fortunate enough to purchase one). However, I'm shocked that people are selling the pre-ordered product they don't even have yet though. What happens if there's some sort of... mix-up or selling error from the publisher? What if the original buyer doesn't receive the product in good condition? Seems risky to me to sell something you don't even have possession of yet.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    From a purely selfish standpoint, I'm really loving seeing all of these sell for so high (as I was fortunate enough to purchase one). However, I'm shocked that people are selling the pre-ordered product they don't even have yet though. What happens if there's some sort of... mix-up or selling error from the publisher? What if the original buyer doesn't receive the product in good condition? Seems risky to me to sell something you don't even have possession of yet.
    I am 100% with you
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If something goes wrong, it's simple. You issue a refund.

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    And if you buy a presale far enough in advance you could lose the buyer protections that come with eBay and PayPal by the time it is published and shipped... or not shipped. It comes down to trusting the seller.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I've only sold 1 Suntup pre-order through ebay and the rest I sold on the Suntup facebook group.

Actually the one through ebay ended up being an off ebay sale since he asked me if I would do it that way so he could save money on tax and I could avoid ebay fees.

He paid half upfront and the rest once I received it and shipped it to him. So yeah, it basically comes down to putting your trust in the seller. I think it's pretty easy overall to tell who's legit and who isn't. Usually it's best to have character references of past dealings so the buyer can have more peace of mind.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been selling here and on ebay. I don't charge postage but ship priority and the post office is killing me. I have never had trouble before,
    but everything I send is taking forever.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That could be the same copy he bought from me!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I think he paid more than that for it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Then he can decline it or make a counter. There’s no harm putting an offer out there, as it’s usually the first step in negotiating a price anyway.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Then he can decline it or make a counter. There’s no harm putting an offer out there, as it’s usually the first step in negotiating a price anyway.
    Absolutely. I was just saying that he paid more than that is all.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I’ll be curious if he gets full price. It was listed at $594, cancelled, and relisted for $625.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Questionable signature on the poster. Seek opinions before buying.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I'm not buying but it was an odd item worth sharing.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't specifically mean you, I was addressing any member that was considering bidding on it.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, good point
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Questionable indeed.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess someone could get in touch with one of King's representatives and ask him if he signed any posters like that.

I'm sure he'd remember signing something like that.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Questionable indeed.
    This looks like a promotional item for the IT remake (2017), but an attempt at an older King sig. Did King's sig look anything like that 3 years ago? Absolutely not.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I guess someone could get in touch with one of King's representatives and ask him if he signed any posters like that.

I recommend NOT doing this.

First off, King has probably signed a million things in his long career, and it is doubtful he remembers even a small portion of them.

Second, I have seen King personally sign dozens of books, many of them rare and unusual items (like Ubris Magazines, Contraband, Marsh Roots) and he rarely makes any comment on what he is signing.

And Third, King and his staff are in the book writing business...not the autograph validation business. If they started doing the latter, they would have no time for the former.

I apologize if the above sounds "crusty" or "snarky".....not trying to be rude....just wanted to convey what I believe to be an accurate point of view.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

First off, King has probably signed a million things in his long career, and it is doubtful he remembers even a small portion of them.

Second, I have seen King personally sign dozens of books, many of them rare and unusual items (like Ubris Magazines, Contraband, Marsh Roots) and he rarely makes any comment on what he is signing.

And Third, King and his staff are in the book writing business...not the autograph validation business. If they started doing the latter, they would have no time for the former.

I apologize if the above sounds "crusty" or "snarky".....not trying to be rude....just wanted to convey what I believe to be an accurate point of view.

Excellent (and dead accurate) points. King's longtime assistant Marsha Defilippo retired several months back. His new assistant, from what I am told, can be terse (on a good day), and just shy of rude (on a bad day).

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with tippy.

Mark Hamill, on the other hand, is validating signatures via Twitter, which is pretty cool of him.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Nah, it's cool. Very good points. They have better things to do then to try to authenticate signatures from random things.

The seller says it's been authenticated by Red Carpet Authentics. Not sure how legit that is though.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nah, it's cool. Very good points. They have better things to do then to try to authenticate signatures from random things.

The seller says it's been authenticated by Red Carpet Authentics. Not sure how legit that is though.
    A seller can literally say anything in their listings. Doesn't make it right. Even if you do your due diligence and it appears the "authentication company" actually exists, whose to say they know anything about Stephen King and whose to say the item was even reviewed by those people? You don't know. Never take the seller's word for it unless you absolutely trust them.

When it comes to King signatures and a seller tells you the item has been "authenticated," proceed with extreme caution. Many times that's used as a ploy to sucker folks who don't know any better. Don't be a sucker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1068 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 68 568 968 1018 1058 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1078 ... LastLast