Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1052 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 52 552 952 1002 1042 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1062 1102 ... LastLast
Results 26,276 to 26,300 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I reproduced my copy of this letter in The Road to the Dark Tower.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    What does the /ss indicate (in last line SK/ss). Is this the initials of the person who typed the letter?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    What does the /ss indicate (in last line SK/ss). Is this the initials of the person who typed the letter?
    "Initials included at the bottom of a business letter are called typist’s initials. Some companies require them so that they know who actually typed the letter versus who composed it, in order to determine who is responsible for typos, misspellings, and other mistakes that took place when the letter was produced." I guess in this instance we assume Stephen dictated and "ss" typed?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    "Initials included at the bottom of a business letter are called typist’s initials. Some companies require them so that they know who actually typed the letter versus who composed it, in order to determine who is responsible for typos, misspellings, and other mistakes that took place when the letter was produced." I guess in this instance we assume Stephen dictated and "ss" typed?
    "These abbreviations are used for reference purposes, so understanding the order of the initials is important to the reader of the letter; there may be one, two or three sets of initials. The signer of the letters’ initials is placed first, in all capital letters, followed by either a slash mark (/) or a colon (: ). After that, the writer’s initials are written, again in all capital letters followed by a slash or colon. The typists initials are always placed last and should be lower case."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ss was shirly sonderegger, one of King’s assistants at the time.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the answers everybody. The formal letter is a lost art form in today's twitter culture.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

It sold. I'm curious as to whom it went to.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea of its value, but ebay told me that the price of the following item was decreased of 800 dollars :

Stephen King Dark Tower: THE GUNSLINGER 1st Edition Limited Deluxe Signed of 500
    > avaiabale on ebay @5.2k

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

I got the same notice, and I only browsed the listing.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I have no idea of its value, but ebay told me that the price of the following item was decreased of 800 dollars :

Stephen King Dark Tower: THE GUNSLINGER 1st Edition Limited Deluxe Signed of 500
    > avaiabale on ebay @5.2k

I hit up the seller about this yesterday. No slipcase.

Country
    Country Flag

Regardless, it sold. I guess it's safe to say this stands a current baseline.

Traveler MistaP has a spectacular aura about MistaP has a spectacular aura about MistaP has a spectacular aura about MistaP's Avatar

Default That Was Me

FYI, I am the new owner of The Gunslinger number 21. Allowing for no slipcase and current condition, $5,000 seemed like a fair price - am I mad?!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, but you will go mad seeking the slipcase.

Traveler MistaP has a spectacular aura about MistaP has a spectacular aura about MistaP has a spectacular aura about MistaP's Avatar

Haha, fair point. At this point I'm content with an aftermarket slipcase and have just ordered one from The Stephen King Collector.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    No, but you will go mad seeking the slipcase.
    No need to seek, we all know where they are - just 'not for sale"

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Oh wow - good to know they exist and where they are (thanks!) but I'm not going to beat myself about it. I'm just happy to have acquired a S/L DT I and the slipcase I've ordered will still do the job a slipcase should do!
    Wanted: DT II & DT III #21 or #627

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The story was more than 3 years ago. Maybe now he will be interested in selling 1 slipcase if you explain the story?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The story was more than 3 years ago. Maybe now he will be interested in selling 1 slipcase if you explain the story?
    Wonder if they were destroyed in the flood.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonder if they were destroyed in the flood.
    good point.
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful inscription and signature:

Cujo By Stephen King (1981) SIGNED COPY Hardcover Great Condition

$270.00
    Jul-21 12:290 bids
    +$3.33 shipping

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice one
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$500 BIN, or make offer. One doesn't see a lot of these for sale:

Just After Sunset Collector's Set Signed by Stephen King 1st Ed 1st Prt with DVD

Brand New

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this is missing from the Catalog, and from my collection:

STEPHEN KING 11/22/63 SPECIAL SIGNED COLLECTOR'S EDITION WITH DVD UNOPENED

$415.00
    Jul-23 08:265 bids
    +$20.00 shipping

Is it a facsimile signature?

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think this is missing from the Catalog, and from my collection:

STEPHEN KING 11/22/63 SPECIAL SIGNED COLLECTOR'S EDITION WITH DVD UNOPENED

$415.00
    Jul-23 08:265 bids
    +$20.00 shipping

Is it a facsimile signature?
    It’s a real signature, flatsigned to the FFEP
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1052 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 52 552 952 1002 1042 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1062 1102 ... LastLast