Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1051 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 51 551 951 1001 1041 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1061 1101 ... LastLast
Results 26,251 to 26,275 of 27551

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

This makes me wonder what the highest price ever spent on a King item was.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    $130K On one of these jackets. AND yes that story is true... they jacked the price from Carrie's $5.95 to $8.95... King didn't think it would sell.. so they settled at $7.95. Only about 8 of these jackets survived!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

I've just spent quite a lot on a Stephen King signed Hope and Miracles: “The Shawshank Redemption” and “The Green Mile” (Two Screenplays by Frank Darabont) - Signed Traycased PLATINUM Lettered Edition.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    I've just spent quite a lot on a Stephen King signed Hope and Miracles: “The Shawshank Redemption” and “The Green Mile” (Two Screenplays by Frank Darabont) - Signed Traycased PLATINUM Lettered Edition.
    I never heard off that edition before.
    3K dollars, signed by King and Tom Hanks

BUT there is no information about the limitation, nor whether it's exactly the same version signed by King and Hanks?

> https://www.gauntletpress.com/produc...rank-darabont/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    ...none were actually published or sold on a book...they were removed from a file cabinet at Doubleday.
    Is this true? Were these dust jackets never part of an actual release?
    All the original $8.95 dust jackets were used. They had been printed and ready to go. Then at the last minute King decided he wanted the price reduced and they reprocessed them all. All the jackets went through a printer to add the $7.95 price (it's printed, not a sticker) and the original $8.95 was trimmed off. A few dust jackets (approx 5) were found in a filing cabinet at Doubleday (presumably they were sent to the office for quality checking) that had escaped this process. The story is they were "thrown out and rescued" but that afaik, is unsubstantiated. They eventually made their way into collectors hands and became legendary. More recently 2 more were discovered by the cover artist that had been sent to him and got lost amongst his paperwork. These are now in then hands of collectors as well (one of these is the one Alec has up for sale).
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    $130K On one of these jackets. AND yes that story is true... they jacked the price from Carrie's $5.95 to $8.95... King didn't think it would sell.. so they settled at $7.95. Only about 8 of these jackets survived!
    Well, that number has been a matter of discussion for years. When I started collecting it was 4. Then some more arose in the last years and who knows how many more might still exist.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    I never heard off that edition before.
    3K dollars, signed by King and Tom Hanks

BUT there is no information about the limitation, nor whether it's exactly the same version signed by King and Hanks?

> https://www.gauntletpress.com/produc...rank-darabont/
    I just bought one.. King signed ANYTHING these days is getting rare...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Well, that number has been a matter of discussion for years. When I started collecting it was 4. Then some more arose in the last years and who knows how many more might still exist.
    I can state with confidence that it's a minimum of 7, and almost certainly no more than that.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I can state with confidence that it's a minimum of 7, and almost certainly no more than that.
    I know of 8 for sure.. so you are correct Simon.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Offer less than BIN:

THE DARK TOWER VI: SONG OF SUSANNAH - SIGNED BY STEPHEN KING - RARE PC!

New (Other)
    $650.00
    Jul-3 13:25or Best Offer
    Free shipping

Seller offered to me the book for $500.
    That's a pretty good price, particularly for someone trying to assemble a PC set of The Dark Tower books.

GO FOR IT!
    Relisted to bid. Have fun... STEPHEN KING - THE DARK TOWER VI: SONG OF SUSANNAH S/L PC COPY

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger S/L #21, $6K BIN; has been up for sale by same seller previously (see note in Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who Owns Them?, "#21 (not complete I for sale eBay 44_zxn 6/19; II, III for sale on eBay by Raysroost38 12/08".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...wAAOSwgo5fCNq5
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Does not have slipcase. IMO, lowers value by $1K.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris,

I can't identify more than 6 for sure, but I was certain that the known increased from 5 to 7. And I thought I read somewhere here that a tdt.org member found his copy at a used bookstore and bought it for a few hundred dollars. He kept it for a long time and then sold it through David Aronowitz at The Fine Books Company. It was for sale at ~$90K about 8-12 years ago. It eventually sold but I don't think it went for the original asking price. I can only identify the following owners: unknown purchaser of Alec's book, Bob J., Chris C., Alec (2), possibly JJ Abrams, and me. JJ Abrams is speculative based on hearsay. Who am I missing? And if not JJ Abrams, who owns that copy? This has been puzzling me for a few years now and no one has had the answer. Any help is appreciated.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Kris,

I can't identify more than 6 for sure, but I was certain that the known increased from 5 to 7. And I thought I read somewhere here that a tdt.org member found his copy at a used bookstore and bought it for a few hundred dollars. He kept it for a long time and then sold it through David Aronowitz at The Fine Books Company. It was for sale at ~$90K about 8-12 years ago. It eventually sold but I don't think it went for the original asking price. I can only identify the following owners: unknown purchaser of Alec's book, Bob J., Chris C., Alec (2), possibly JJ Abrams, and me. JJ Abrams is speculative based on hearsay. Who am I missing? And if not JJ Abrams, who owns that copy? This has been puzzling me for a few years now and no one has had the answer. Any help is appreciated.

John
    I cannot say as not my place and he is a private collector. But his name is not there. I was always sure it was 8. But who knows for sure as you say my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Kris,

John
    I cannot say as not my place and he is a private collector. But his name is not there. I was always sure it was 8. But who knows for sure as you say my friend.

I believe Steve still has his. https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1071912

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No he doesn’t.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

No he doesn’t.
    Did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hard to tell the scale of the signature.

Stephen King " DESPERATION " SIGNED/AUTOGRAPHED BOOK GOOD CONDITION

Pre-Owned
    $102.50
    Time left3d 19h left (Thu, 5:03 AM)2 bids
    +$4.92 shipping

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Several good King S/L's here:

Signed Stephen King Mega Lot Anthologies Dark Forces Prime Evil Quietly Now +++

Pre-Owned
    $99.99
    Jul-12 10:191 bid
    Free shipping

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Odd that the original owner wouldn't have kept the slipcases.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Odd that the original owner wouldn't have kept the slipcases.
    My thoughts exactly

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Simply devalues the group by hundreds or more.
    Several books are also clearly damaged.

I'm not up to the work, but a few are candidates for a special rebind.

Hmm...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems it was closed by mistake, so I'm reopening it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if this has been circulated. Interesting, but not for me:

Typed letter signed. A long letter from King to a reader looking for a copy of "The Dark Tower" which had gone out of print.

Abe Books
    $325 +$4 S/H

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1051 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 51 551 951 1001 1041 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1061 1101 ... LastLast