Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 754 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 254 654 704 744 752 753 754 755 756 764 804 854 ... LastLast
Results 18,826 to 18,850 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been shaking my head since this book was listed for $4800. It fetched at least $3000 and maybe $4000.
    What's a mint copy worth $2400? Half his asking LOL

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It puzzles me too. I'm trying to figure out what kind of person would pay that especially considering the condition.

Seemingly a person with lots of money and little sense.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No doubt an inexperienced person. They will be shaking their heads when they see what others sell for. I think I remember last year one got $2900..or am I dreaming?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This seems high, but the Cujo guitar is a beauty. I have one, but it looks a little different.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/141879324730

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Seemingly a person with lots of money and little sense.
    and there are quite some out there ;D

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    This seems high, but the Cujo guitar is a beauty. I have one, but it looks a little different.

Looks different from mine too. It is the Cujo-14 which, although made in equal numbers to the Cujo-10, seems to be seen for sale much less often. The big difference though, according to the seller, is that it is one of only 2 known examples made entirely out of black walnut. This is the first I have heard of this variant. I need to do a little research.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps the value of Salems is going up even further... I can't remember the last time a F copy
    Was up for sale...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Looks different from mine too. It is the Cujo-14 which, although made in equal numbers to the Cujo-10, seems to be seen for sale much less often. The big difference though, according to the seller, is that it is one of only 2 known examples made entirely out of black walnut. This is the first I have heard of this variant. I need to do a little research.

I've seen many of the lighter colored guitars, but only two with a black walnut face. The one in the ebay auction, and this one in the video that has a different body shape:

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't do guitars, but that one is a beaut. I really like that black walnut!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Picture and description are woefully inadequate. Ask questions and get pictures.
    Zero bids, $25 (reserve unknown):

Collection of 97 Stephen King First Editions

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Perhaps the value of Salems is going up even further... I can't remember the last time a F copy
    Was up for sale...
    I guess there are a number of reasons for this but I'll admit to being surprised at some of the recent high sale prices. Only 300 copies makes it one of the smaller of the King S/Ls number wise. Second it is one of the nicest, well done and attractive of the King S/Ls. Third almost all of King's fans/readers list 'Salem's Lot as one of their favorites. I guess that for these reasons (and probably others that I haven't thought of) it will keep escalating. Even the custom bound and unsigned copies have generated huge interest.

All of this makes be really wish Centipede Press had been allowed to do The Shining. Subterranean Press did a very nice job but I'm curious to know what Centipede Press could have done.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I wish they would have gotten the Shining too...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Was up for sale...
    I guess there are a number of reasons for this but I'll admit to being surprised at some of the recent high sale prices. Only 300 copies makes it one of the smaller of the King S/Ls number wise. Second it is one of the nicest, well done and attractive of the King S/Ls. Third almost all of King's fans/readers list 'Salem's Lot as one of their favorites. I guess that for these reasons (and probably others that I haven't thought of) it will keep escalating. Even the custom bound and unsigned copies have generated huge interest.

All of this makes be really wish Centipede Press had been allowed to do The Shining. Subterranean Press did a very nice job but I'm curious to know what Centipede Press could have done.
    Funny - to me, Salem's is one of the least interesting s/l editions. Well made of course, but frankly uninspired other than being huge.

I'm glad I have a copy, but there's nothing about it that's sticks in my memory.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Using Jerry Urelsman was a brilliant move by Jerad. That book appeals to Urelsman fans, even if they don't collect King. So, the collecting pool goes outside of King. If that makes sense.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Was up for sale...

Funny - to me, Salem's is one of the least interesting s/l editions. Well made of course, but frankly uninspired other than being huge.

I'm glad I have a copy, but there's nothing about it that's sticks in my memory.
    I think I was impressed by some things that don't get talked about much. The paper quality, the font size, the section headers in two colors, text placement on the page.....and maybe that it just didn't look like all the other recent King S/Ls. Also, I thought that adding the deleted scenes and the related short stories "Jerusalem's Lot" and "One For The Road" was an inspired decision and made the text and book that much more complete and desirable.

Contrary to some others I am not a big fan of the illustrations. To me they are completely unrelated to the story and add little. Not as bad as the ones used by Phantasia Press for Nebel but still I think it was a strange choice. Others love them and applaud Jerad's choice.

Maybe I was just tired of limited editions with shiny dust jackets and faux satin lined traycases with cheap clasps and found this a refreshing change.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Other than the sheer size, I have to say my tray-cased Knowing Darkness is just amazingly edited and put together well. I think maaayyyyybbbbeeee they went too big b/c it really makes it so I'm afraid to touch it (which really precludes looking through it vs just looking at it sitting on top of my bookcase).

Off topic of Salems Lot, but since you mentioned a "different" looking S/L, it sparked how nice the Knowing Darkness one is.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Other than the sheer size, I have to say my tray-cased Knowing Darkness is just amazingly edited and put together well. I think maaayyyyybbbbeeee they went too big b/c it really makes it so I'm afraid to touch it (which really precludes looking through it vs just looking at it sitting on top of my bookcase).

Off topic of Salems Lot, but since you mentioned a "different" looking S/L, it sparked how nice the Knowing Darkness one is.
    Yes, I do love it, but never quite sure what to do with it!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think I was impressed by some things that don't get talked about much. The paper quality, the font size, the section headers in two colors, text placement on the page.....and maybe that it just didn't look like all the other recent King S/Ls. Also, I thought that adding the deleted scenes and the related short stories "Jerusalem's Lot" and "One For The Road" was an inspired decision and made the text and book that much more complete and desirable.
    That's totally right - and I think part of the reason the size annoys me is I can't enjoy the additional content. It's decorative, not readable...which I know is true of most s/ls, but especially true of that one.

But you're right that - size aside - the other details are first class.

That's totally right - and I think part of the reason the size annoys me is I can't enjoy the additional content. It's decorative, not readable...which I know is true of most s/ls, but especially true of that one.

It is big. Too big actually. On that we agree. And, as has been mentioned in earlier posts, Knowing Darkness is impossible (or nearly so) to leisurely read and enjoy. Bigger is not always better and I have told Jerad that on many occasions. A lot of Centipede Press books, some Cemetery Dance books and, of course, My Pretty Pony are too big for my shelves. So they are either on the floor out of sight or in their original shipping boxes (also out of sight). What else can be done with them? I see what other collectors do...devoting huge amounts of wall or shelf space to the display but I am just too short of space to do that.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

It is big. Too big actually. On that we agree. And, as has been mentioned in earlier posts, Knowing Darkness is impossible (or nearly so) to leisurely read and enjoy. Bigger is not always better and I have told Jerad that on many occasions. A lot of Centipede Press books, some Cemetery Dance books and, of course, My Pretty Pony are too big for my shelves. So they are either on the floor out of sight or in their original shipping boxes (also out of sight). What else can be done with them? I see what other collectors do...devoting huge amounts of wall or shelf space to the display but I am just too short of space to do that.
    I have also acquired a Slipcased version which I can read and paw through (though still carefully).

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    I owned #86 about a year ago and sold it through Betts for $1,600.

It was a significantly flawed copy as the spine had separated from the Page Block. Talked to Jerad, couldn't be fixed. Sure hope the new buyer didn't pay too much....

Please post once you find out how much it sold for..

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    i am by far no expert, but looking at the "wave" and readying your words here, i have a strong feeling that somebody let me say "semi-professional" glued the inner spine back to the pack block
    Correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand it page blocks aren't actually attached to the spine, rather they are supported by the front and back boards. Gluing the page block to the spine is a bad idea. In most cases sagging of the page block is irreversible. I think the only thing that can be done is to properly store the book, especially heavier volumes, to help prevent or delay the sagging.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    I owned #86 about a year ago and sold it through Betts for $1,600.

It was a significantly flawed copy as the spine had separated from the Page Block. Talked to Jerad, couldn't be fixed. Sure hope the new buyer didn't pay too much....

Please post once you find out how much it sold for..
    It's official, this sold for 2900-3000 dollars. For the buyers sake, I hope the glue job on the spine fails within a week of receiving it so he or she can just send it back. If I had bought it and then read this thread, with Tim's description of the flaw in the spine and the fact that it sold for 1600 at Betts, I would blow a goddamn gasket.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, whatever the flaw was, trust me, it was fairly significant.

When I spoke with Jerad as to possibility of fixing it, he had indicated that there wasn't much that could be done.

My guess is the Seller didn't try to repair it and the Buyer will likely be disappointed. Especially since he/she has $2900+ into it.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    10 hours left, zero bids. Free shipping. Might be snagged for $500:
    STEPHEN KING (Signed)-SIX STORIES Philtrum Press Softcover 1st Ed. #299 of 1100
    Sold for $565. Still a really good deal.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 754 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 254 654 704 744 752 753 754 755 756 764 804 854 ... LastLast