Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 852 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 352 752 802 842 850 851 852 853 854 862 902 952 ... LastLast
Results 21,276 to 21,300 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Gunslinger Apprentice chaos-consultants will become famous soon enough chaos-consultants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I hear ya'. Really I do. I recently sold my S/L copy of Frankenstein to a Canadian, and it cost me $55 to mail. And that's not a heavy book by any means. I decided against international shipping for my eBay auctions due mainly to the horror stories I've seen lately with packages getting all ripped up and run over by trucks. Plus, a year or so ago I had a package of 4 books I mailed out to Europe go missing / never show up. At least according to the buyer. Those particular books were not rare or expensive, so I didn't opt for any special services, but I just don't want to deal with the hassle of mutilated or missing international packages. Plus, truth be told, the stuff I list here gets very little interest, while I've sold $5,000 worth of books via eBay in the last 3 weeks, for prices higher than I was offering here.
    I have had to use many, many creative ways to purchase from US sellers. Some have been really difficult but always found a way. The only thing I missed was the Regulators hotline. I have paid the price of building a collection, shipping for a CD book was $10 to Canada when they first started, now USPS $50.

So back to the Stephen King auctions. I just posted a copy of Onan if someone is interested. It is priced high for its condition, largely because of fees etc... PM if seriously interested http://www.ebay.com/itm/201791215580?
    Stephen King Wantlist: Ubris, Dt2 #768; SDreams1 #543 - Thankee-Sai

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's the US World Book Night edition that could go with Jonp's UK WBN book
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I should probably ask in the SK collecting questions thread but does anyone know what the print run was for those?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Sold for $404

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Sold for $404
    wow
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bought mine on Ebay a few years ago for $400 framed.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by brionen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Strange listing. Seller claims that it's a shrink-wrapped slipcased editon. Want to take a chance?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182394700415...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    It is just the case I read no?

Seller said includes the book. Would like to know whoever bought these if they are indeed the real deal.
    At first when I saw the "Auction Ended" flag I assumed the seller realized his mistake and was going to relist...until I saw that 2 sold. 1 or 2 people either got "Deal of the Year" or they're going to get to see how well PayPal's Buyer Protection works.
    And the verdict is.....

Spoiler:
    Paypal buyer protection worked pretty well

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

And the verdict is.....

Spoiler:
    [/QUOTE]

So what did you actually get in the mail?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    And the verdict is.....

Spoiler:

zilch...short version is he strung me along for a while and I finally went to Ebay and opened a case, which he never responded to so they refunded the money

Longer version:
    • claimed he could not get a courier to pick up until Dec 28th due to the holidays. (No problem, just let me know the tracking number once it ships)
    • The 28th came and went and nothing
    • Around Jan 2nd I asked him for the tracking
    • Said the information was at work and he would send it to me once he was back to work (didn't say when that was)
    • Couple of days later he responded with a tracking number that wasn't valid
    • Told him the tracking number wasn't working and since the books shipped on the 28th it must be a typo
    • He claimed he would check on that
    • I suspected he didn't really ship on the 28th, but might have just shipped them when he gave me the tracking number, so I let him know if that was the case, just let me know...no big deal, just want to verify they have been shipped now.
    • Tracking number still didn't work a couple of days later and no further replies from him, so I filed for the refund. At that point it had been 27 days since I won the auction, so I was way more than fair....I wouldn't normally have been so patient, but was willing to be more lenient in order to not blow a deal that could turn out to be a fantastic deal at worst and an unbelievable deal at best and he had other feedback claiming slow shipping, but ultimately items as described so I was holding out hope.

The weird thing I thought was that he left me positive feedback almost immediately. Didn't strike me as something someone planning on scamming me would do, does it?

One other thing I thought was interesting was the email ebay sent confirming they were refunding my money. Since it was actually two different transactions, it was two different cases.

The first case came back in less than 24 hours with a simple automated email saying they had ruled in my favor and my money was being refunded...pretty typical response.

The second case, which should have been open and shut just like the first one, didn't come until a day later and came in the form of this email from ebay which had a subject line that indicated it had been escalated. The 2nd paragraph especially I found nice, but completely unexpected and way more personal that I would expect from them:

Hello James,

Good day! Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service regarding the DVD (item 182394700415) you purchased from “matm0968-srelot”. I’m sorry to hear that your seller became unresponsive and no item arrived to you until now. I know it can be frustrating if your seller is not cooperating to solve the issue, so rest assured that I'm genuinely interested in providing you a satisfactory resolution as part of our continuous effort in providing the best services to our members.

Before I proceed, I commend you for displaying your professionalism towards this case which only goes to show that you are a responsible buyer that’s why I want to assure you that you’re not at fault here. I want to assure you that situations like these are very few and far between on eBay, and this particular experience has been noted and will be dealt with accordingly.

I checked the case and I can see that the tracking number provided doesn’t show that the item has been delivered to your location. With this, I'm happy to inform you that I closed the case in your favor. This is good news, as you will receive a full refund within 24-48 hours. Please note that once we issue a refund, it will be credited to the funding source you used (credit card, debit card, or PayPal balance). Rest assured that you will be notified through your Resolution Center and eBay Messages once the funds have been credited.

Thank you for choosing eBay. Have a great day!

Kind regards,

Adora A.

eBay Customer Service

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I don't understand what people have to gain by lying or playing games, especially when they aren't selling what they list. Are they hoping the buyer will throw away their money and chalk it up as a loss? I;m glad that it worked out for you though, Though you had to jump threw some hoops to get you money back.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Weird happenings with those books. Glad you got refunded.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like he may have gotten some private messages after selling and letting him know that he under sold them. I sure we don't see him listing those again at a higher price. Glad that the ebay refund process was painless but sorry you didn't get the deals you should have

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Sounds like he may have gotten some private messages after selling and letting him know that he under sold them. I sure we don't see him listing those again at a higher price. Glad that the ebay refund process was painless but sorry you didn't get the deals you should have
    Yeah, i thought the same thing...that he may have realized they were worth more than what he sold them for, but just be straight with me man, why waste my time for no reason, I was nothing but cool to him.

Oh, something else i didn't mention. His feedback is now set to private whereas it wasn't before and it isn't because of me as I never left any, so there may have been others not getting their items around the same time as well.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    Yeah, i thought the same thing...that he may have realized they were worth more than what he sold them for, but just be straight with me man, why waste my time for no reason, I was nothing but cool to him.

Oh, something else i didn't mention. His feedback is now set to private whereas it wasn't before and it isn't because of me as I never left any, so there may have been others not getting their items around the same time as well.
    Wonder if the seller even had the book to begin with. Sorry it was such a hassle.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hyraxia (UK) have a very good copy of The Bachman Books 1st U.K. edition back in stock (I found this one of the harder U.K. 1sts to obtain). £75

http://books.hyraxia.com/5631-stephe...eid=aaa88054fc

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Again, I agree with Aron. People are sour, jealous beasts and I can just imagine the people that wrote him telling him he is an idiot and they were worth MUCH MORE. I bet it was quite a few and he was like no way am I selling these for that. Bet you any money that this is the case!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

He has received four negatives and a neutral feedback in the last month. Not including yours since you didn't leave any.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad it worked out for ya, James. Bummer on the deal falling through though.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Hyraxia (UK) have a very good copy of The Bachman Books 1st U.K. edition back in stock (I found this one of the harder U.K. 1sts to obtain). £75

http://books.hyraxia.com/5631-stephe...eid=aaa88054fc
    It looks like a really nice copy from the photos. Already sold.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    And the verdict is.....

Spoiler:

zilch...short version is he strung me along for a while and I finally went to Ebay and opened a case, which he never responded to so they refunded the money

Longer version:
    • claimed he could not get a courier to pick up until Dec 28th due to the holidays. (No problem, just let me know the tracking number once it ships)
    • The 28th came and went and nothing
    • Around Jan 2nd I asked him for the tracking
    • Said the information was at work and he would send it to me once he was back to work (didn't say when that was)
    • Couple of days later he responded with a tracking number that wasn't valid
    • Told him the tracking number wasn't working and since the books shipped on the 28th it must be a typo
    • He claimed he would check on that
    • I suspected he didn't really ship on the 28th, but might have just shipped them when he gave me the tracking number, so I let him know if that was the case, just let me know...no big deal, just want to verify they have been shipped now.
    • Tracking number still didn't work a couple of days later and no further replies from him, so I filed for the refund. At that point it had been 27 days since I won the auction, so I was way more than fair....I wouldn't normally have been so patient, but was willing to be more lenient in order to not blow a deal that could turn out to be a fantastic deal at worst and an unbelievable deal at best and he had other feedback claiming slow shipping, but ultimately items as described so I was holding out hope.

The weird thing I thought was that he left me positive feedback almost immediately. Didn't strike me as something someone planning on scamming me would do, does it?

One other thing I thought was interesting was the email ebay sent confirming they were refunding my money. Since it was actually two different transactions, it was two different cases.

The first case came back in less than 24 hours with a simple automated email saying they had ruled in my favor and my money was being refunded...pretty typical response.

The second case, which should have been open and shut just like the first one, didn't come until a day later and came in the form of this email from ebay which had a subject line that indicated it had been escalated. The 2nd paragraph especially I found nice, but completely unexpected and way more personal that I would expect from them:

Hello James,

Good day! Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service regarding the DVD (item 182394700415) you purchased from “matm0968-srelot”. I’m sorry to hear that your seller became unresponsive and no item arrived to you until now. I know it can be frustrating if your seller is not cooperating to solve the issue, so rest assured that I'm genuinely interested in providing you a satisfactory resolution as part of our continuous effort in providing the best services to our members.

Before I proceed, I commend you for displaying your professionalism towards this case which only goes to show that you are a responsible buyer that’s why I want to assure you that you’re not at fault here. I want to assure you that situations like these are very few and far between on eBay, and this particular experience has been noted and will be dealt with accordingly.

I checked the case and I can see that the tracking number provided doesn’t show that the item has been delivered to your location. With this, I'm happy to inform you that I closed the case in your favor. This is good news, as you will receive a full refund within 24-48 hours. Please note that once we issue a refund, it will be credited to the funding source you used (credit card, debit card, or PayPal balance). Rest assured that you will be notified through your Resolution Center and eBay Messages once the funds have been credited.

Thank you for choosing eBay. Have a great day!

Kind regards,

Adora A.

eBay Customer Service

I just had the same experience with the same seller!

I bought a Cemetery Dance Salem's Lot Double Day Gift Edition from him on 30th December, but nothing arrived and he didn't respond to my emails.

Thankfully, I just had my money fully refunded by eBay yesterday.

The only downside is that my search for a decent priced copy of this book is back to square one!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'm thinking that guy's username should go in the "ebay sellers to avoid" thread.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    New this week and ending tomorrow:

Anne Rivers Siddons THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR Stephen King Lettered W of 26 *SIGNED*!! bound in calfskin: http://www.ebay.com/itm/232207511673...84.m1555.l2649 SOLD

Stephen King TRANSGRESSIONS S/L; Signed #12 of 200 FINE as new *BEAUTIFUL*!!: http://www.ebay.com/itm/232207521278...84.m1555.l2649

These are my auctions.
    Stephen King TRANSGRESSIONS S/L; Signed #12 of 200 FINE as new *BEAUTIFUL*!! re-listed at a lower opening bid: http://www.ebay.com/itm/232214537681...84.m1555.l2649

and adding

Stephen King; Koontz; Barker; Straub **LEGACIES** Signed / Limited! FINE As new! (Also Bradbury; Bloch; Matheson; Morrell; A must have!): http://www.ebay.com/itm/232214283354...84.m1555.l2649 SOLD

These are my auctions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 852 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 352 752 802 842 850 851 852 853 854 862 902 952 ... LastLast