Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1037 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 37 537 937 987 1027 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1047 1087 ... LastLast
Results 25,901 to 25,925 of 27565

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Was 10,312.50 including the buyers premium?
    Yes
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Yes
    Daaaamn, that was cheap. Hope it went to someone here.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    One thing I noticed is the way it is listed and the first photo may have confused people. When I first saw it I thought it was only for vol 1-7 and didn't include SoE or WTTKH. I would have included every thing that comes with the auction in the first photo. It may have been a non-starter for those who thought it didn't come with SoE and WTTKH.
    Oh, wow, I didn't realize that either! (Although I only took a cursory look at the listing, as I wasn't bidding). Was it a complete matching set? Or non-matching?

ETA: Matching. Wow, someone got a steal.

HBJ
    It was a complete matching numbered set, #370. All volumes of the series. It also included a bunch of promotional paraphernalia and a two volume set of Robert Browning poems including Roland to the Dark Tower Came.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the bid was $8250, plus the 25% premium.

EDIT: D'oh thought I was at end of the thread when I replied, didn't see Brian's reply on the next page.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

EDIT: D'oh thought I was at end of the thread when I replied, didn't see Brian's reply on the next page.
    I suppose that's the problem with auctions sometimes, they don't always reflect market value. Can you imagine if David listed a complete matching set on Betts for 10,500? Hahah, it would sell in 2 seconds, to me if I was lucky enough to see it first.
    Looking for:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I suppose that's the problem with auctions sometimes, they don't always reflect market value. Can you imagine if David listed a complete matching set on Betts for 10,500? Hahah, it would sell in 2 seconds, to me if I was lucky enough to see it first.
    I totally agree. I also think the first picture was very misleading as it didn’t look like a full set. Someone got one hell of a good deal today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I totally agree. I also think the first picture was very misleading as it didn’t look like a full set. Someone got one hell of a good deal today!

Yes indeed, that choice of photo may have cost the seller a couple of grand!
    Looking for:

Country
    Country Flag

There were live bidders present able to view this lot. Anyone else could scroll through the offering and see what was actually for sale. Anyone who didn't go beyond the 1st picture has themselves to blame. That said, a better picture could have helped bring a better price.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just spoke with new owner. His contact at Heritage said books were at NEW. He is a former member here And is beyond surprised he got them for this price! Couldn’t be happier

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler Rj_h has a spectacular aura about Rj_h has a spectacular aura about Rj_h has a spectacular aura about Rj_h's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The new owner must be elated! The Robert Browning volumes in themselves are hard to come bye...not many survived in good shape. I just got the 1st edition 1 volume, combining the two volume a few years later in 1895, and it is in decent shape...but shows its age for sure

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A cache of a rare ARC found. This seller on ebay stumbled into multiple copies of Plume DT I ARC with the mis-printed cover. Truly rare and a good price especially when considering the condition. ....this seller has multiple copies that he acquired from an estate if I recall correctly. [HTML]https://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-GUNSLINGER-Stephen-King-Dark-Tower-1988-Plume-ARC-Advance-Review-Copy-1st-/264642858988?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l10137.c10&nor dt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true[/HTML]

If he does not have one up for sale ask him to relist as he has multiple copies. He had 7 when I spoke to him a few days ago.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just gave one away...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    A cache of a rare ARC found. This seller on ebay stumbled into multiple copies of Plume DT I ARC with the mis-printed cover. Truly rare and a good price especially when considering the condition. ....this seller has multiple copies that he acquired from an estate if I recall correctly. [HTML]https://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-GUNSLINGER-Stephen-King-Dark-Tower-1988-Plume-ARC-Advance-Review-Copy-1st-/264642858988?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l10137.c10&nor dt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true[/HTML]

If he does not have one up for sale ask him to relist as he has multiple copies. He had 7 when I spoke to him a few days ago.
    He had 7??

It's been a long time we havent seen you around Hutch!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

He had 7??

It's been a long time we havent seen you around Hutch!
    I know, life got in the way then I developed a life and my inventory location is not as easily accessible as it was in the past. Took some time off from work. I hope I don't disappear again when I go back.

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone see this???!!

bad

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yes. It was on my watchlist. There has been a lot of Wrightson's art auctioned recently.

Bernie Wrightson TV Guide Collectors' Edition "The Shining" Cover Original Art (TV Guide, 1997). A chilling piece of Stephen King influenced art by horror master Bernie Wrightson for the April 26th- May 2nd TV Guide Stephen King special. This art was used as the cover which also promoted the ABC miniseries for The Shining which starred Steven Weber as the alcoholic writer, Jack Torrance. Previously, Wrightson had drawn the poster for the Stephen King-penned horror film Creepshow, as well as illustrating the comic book adaptation of that film. This led to several other collaborations with King, including art for the novella "Cycle of the Werewolf," the restored edition of King's apocalyptic horror epic, "The Stand," and art for the hardcover editions of "From a Buick 8" and "Dark Tower V." This cover was created in acrylic on illustration board with an image area of 14" x 20.5". There is light handling and edge wear, soft bumps along the edges and in the corners, marginal pinholes, and faint marginal toning. Wrightson has signed in the image area. In Excellent condition.

Country
    Country Flag

These are still up for auction...

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I was watching the wrightson - anyone here get it? I'm sorry but their buyer's premium is ridiculously high.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I was watching the wrightson - anyone here get it? I'm sorry but their buyer's premium is ridiculously high.
    Yep a friend of mine did

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Yep a friend of mine did

I assume it was Tim.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone see this???!!

bad

Sadly I had to drop out - not because of the BP, but because of the shitty CDN dollar.
    I hoped it might go under the radar, but once I realized that wasn't going to happen I thought it would go a lot higher.
    Can't quite figure out the Wrightson market - the Frankenstein piece went for over a million, other works went for 10s of thousands, and then we have a work that was a cover, from a popular work from Stephen King and the bidding ended pretty quick.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Anyone see this???!!

bad

Sadly I had to drop out - not because of the BP, but because of the shitty CDN dollar.
    I hoped it might go under the radar, but once I realized that wasn't going to happen I thought it would go a lot higher.
    Can't quite figure out the Wrightson market - the Frankenstein piece went for over a million, other works went for 10s of thousands, and then we have a work that was a cover, from a popular work from Stephen King and the bidding ended pretty quick.
    I think it has to do with the complexity of the work, and frankly the subject matter. Wrightson’s work on Frankenstein is much more well known than a somewhat obscure TV mag cover.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Anyone see this???!!

bad

I think it has to do with the complexity of the work, and frankly the subject matter. Wrightson’s work on Frankenstein is much more well known than a somewhat obscure TV mag cover.
    I think this flew under the radar.... I mean it is The Shining after all. Either way I think that’s a wonderful price.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, a good price and a wonderful piece for someone to own.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Offer $160, could be a deal:

Signed/Autographed Stephen King "Revival". First Edition /First Printing. 2014.

$175.00
    Mar-12 12:47or Best Offer
    +$4.00 shipping

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1037 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 37 537 937 987 1027 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1047 1087 ... LastLast