Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 241 641 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course I'm not going to be the one to break the bad news to this Ebayer but he/she sure paid some high Ebay fee's for nothing on this one;

http://cgi.ebay.com/salems-lot-steph...item3a5bfac046

Ouch

(haha...seller changed the price from $5000 to $100)

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Last edited by Room 217 Caretaker; 06-14-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Seller Price Change

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep I won the one from the Fundraiser a year ago. It is numbered AC.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I offered $0.99. Wonder if he'll accept it.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I emailed the seller and told him it was a book club edition. This was his response:

Dear jhanic,

Its first edition of book club!
    says so on jacket!

-itsteaman989
    You just can't tell some people.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Another example of the willfully stupid.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I emailed the seller and told him it was a book club edition. This was his response:

Dear jhanic,

Its first edition of book club!
    says so on jacket!

-itsteaman989
    You just can't tell some people.

John
    Looks like he listened to you after all - it's now listed as a book club edition, and he's reduced the price quite a bit...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know why this listing was ended early (most likely somebody made an offer that couldn't be refused)? Did anyone here get it? I was watching it with the intention to snipe it... realistically, I wouldn't have won the auction but one can always have fun trying! Well, no chance now.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I "made her an offer she couldn't refuse".

John

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    I was watching that auction also, and I have to admit, when I saw it had been pulled, the first thing I thought was: jhanic got that!
    Congratulations!! That's one of the rarer proofs?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! This reminds me that I should make offers more often, even when the listing is a regular auction...

Clacke, yes this is a very rare proof. There is a discussion about it buried somewhere in the SK proofs thread. I'll dig it up for you

*edit* discussion starts at post #840 in the SK Proofs thread.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Congratulations, Mr. Corleone.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Congratulations! This reminds me that I should make offers more often, even when the listing is a regular auction...

Clacke, yes this is a very rare proof. There is a discussion about it buried somewhere in the SK proofs thread. I'll dig it up for you

*edit* discussion starts at post #840 in the SK Proofs thread.
    Thanks Bio. It still amazes me that even the rarest of the rare manage to pop up now & again.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This book was signed Friday the 13th (!!!)), january 1995

http://twitpic.com/1wz6n5
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

For the Justin Cronin aficionados: there are a bunch of these UK promotional 'newspapers' on eBay.co.uk right now...

Country
    Country Flag

... and a proof and excerpt booklet from The Passage currently at $9.99. This is not the ARC with the trade cover but the white proof!

(yeah I know this is not an SK/DT auction but since the Cronin thread still hasn't been extracted from the Pride & Joy thread.... )

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

... and a proof and excerpt booklet from The Passage currently at $9.99. This is not the ARC with the trade cover but the white proof!

(yeah I know this is not an SK/DT auction but since the Cronin thread still hasn't been extracted from the Pride & Joy thread.... )
    How much do you think this is worth. I've never been into collecting proofs, just wondering what something like this should go for?
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post

How much do you think this is worth. I've never been into collecting proofs, just wondering what something like this should go for?
    I have no idea, really. For proofs of King's books guesstimates are possible because a (niche) market has been established for them over the years, but even these are far from set in stone... ranging from $10 for the common ones to $5000 for the scarce ones.

But for a 'new' author like Cronin... I would say that the current hype surrounding The Passage is likely to drive prices up, whereas you probably could have bought a proof for the book for $10 a couple of months ago. But right now anything can happen. On average I think proofs of most authors fall in the $5-$50 range but on the other hand, if Cronin becomes an established big name in the genre this is one proof that people will be looking for in the future.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I had extra money I'd get one as an investment. The hype will resume in two years when the second book is being released.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, the package was relisted and has now been sold for $175...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone made him "an offer he couldn't refuse." And, no, it wasn't me.

John

Country
    Country Flag

I hope it found a place in the collection of one of our fellow members.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I was watching the passage proof auction to see what it would go for. This is the proof that I mentioned in the Cronin thread that is over 900 pages.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Somehow I missed this one when it was first posted, but it's too expensive for me. Interesting, though!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Somehow I missed this one when it was first posted, but it's too expensive for me. Interesting, though!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

John
    That has been on sale for many months. It is not worth anywhere near what they are asking, and will not sell.

They also have a lettered Danse Macabre for sale at $3500, which is over twice what its worth.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Confused!

Wait, I'm confused on that "proof" Cronin auction.

I wanted to try and get that and it already had bids on it, so how could he yank the auction and relist it?

I went golfing and came back and it's already relisted and sold?

I thought you could only yank the auction if the item was destroyed or something...not 2 days into the auction with bids placed already.

Am I missing something?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 241 641 ... LastLast