Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 286 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 288 296 336 386 786 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,150 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

He should try to get as much money as possible for the book; no complaints there. One thing that the reserve has done is show us all that there are at least 5 people willing to pay $3,500 for this book, and I think that is useful information we wouldn't have if the bidding was started at $6,000+.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    ...although personally I never liked reserves. I think people should just start auctions at what the lowest price they'll be happy with.
    I cannot be bothered with auctions with reserves either. I usually put a massive bid in, say $25,000 and your bid actually starts at the reserve price. Then you imediately withdraw you bid.

Try it. Its fun.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a clever way around a reserve.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I wasn't criticizing at all. I was just curious. Honestly I couldn't afford even fire sale prices right now. I hope it does well for you.
    no problem... if it doesn't reach the reserve and sale on the auction... I'll just post it here as a buy-it-now for twice my reserve price.... and give half of the proceeds to the Haven foundation ha ha (it'd still probably be cheaper than a lettered firestarter)

and then keep it on my shelf where it seems to be happy and try to sale something else...

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    well... I set the reserve at what I feel the book is worth...
    to compare...
    the lettered firestarter was limited to 26 copies (with one supposedly burned up = 25 copies left)
    the roman numeraled salem's lot had 25 copies... of which only 10 are lettered in red (and my copy has two traycases)

to quote the collector site:

"26 Lettered copies wrapped in aluminum-coated cloth. Sometimes called "The Asbestos Firestarter" for obvious reasons. $13,500-$16,000"

both salem's lot and firestarter are early titles of king... but the salem's lot is a hell of a lot better looking limited...

that said.... my reserve is set much much much less than what lettered firestarters go for.

it ain't a firestarter... but it a ain't a firesale either.... I don't plan to give away items - but if someone decides it's worth it, I'll sale them for what I consider a fair price.
    I will say this - The reserve is at a lower price than what the only two other copies that I have personally seen on ebay.... sold for (both black numbered and neither which had an extra traycase).
    If you read the auction... that should give you an idea of what the reserve is...

as far as reserves... I'm not sure how I feel about them.... it's my first ever auction I have setup... most auctions I have bid on over the years have worked this way though....
    My guess is $6500.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    Not for me since I prefer the Salem's Lot 1/1, but still seems like a good deal price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261002032468...84.m1423.l2649
    Nice price for the winner. Soon sfter the 'Salem's Lot limited was shipped in late November of 2004 there was a a flurry of eBay sales all in the $1500-1800 range to go along with the two deluxe limiteds that went for $7675 and $6787. It would appear that the limited edition has dropped in value and when Sir Boome's deluxe limited auction ends we will have an indication of where that version stands.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it does sell at $6,500, that makes me feel ok with the price I paid for the "Unnumbered" copy from Betts that included a Bound copy of "Interviews".....

I paid $5,200 for both.

Amazing that a Red penned "IV" is worth $1,300 - $1,500!

Awesome auction Boomme, thanks for bringing this to the masses....

AKC

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    might be a bad purchase...tipped in inscription. If it was perfect yes, but it was not....
    It's a great purchase...just a "crazy" price. Market dictates and has spoken. Who knows, it might be on a TV show soon-"Heritage Auctions-SOLD!". Certainly it makes one wonder if it is better to consign something like this to an auction house rather than use Ebay.
    There were only 4 bidders for this item. The buyer is now open to offers for it, according to the auction site.

"You now have the opportunity to acquire very rare items that may not be auctioned again for some time by making an anonymous offer that will make the owner sell. The owner of this item has indicated that they are entertaining offers on this item."

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    If it does sell at $6,500, that makes me feel ok with the price I paid for the "Unnumbered" copy from Betts that included a Bound copy of "Interviews".....

I paid $5,200 for both.

AKC

FYI... I ended this auction early. I was contacted by a buyer for a direct sale that I believe she/he and I were happy with. And the book will remain in the DT family.

The buyer will remain anonymous unless she/he wishes otherwise... as will the buy price.

Thanks to any and all bidders that might have bid on the auction.

Stay tuned, might have another nice goodie 4 sale soon.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the sale, Terry. I'm glad it's going to a good home!

John

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

I paid $5,200 for both.

AKC

FYI... I ended this auction early. I was contacted by a buyer for a direct sale that I believe she/he and I were happy with. And the book will remain in the DT family.

The buyer will remain anonymous unless she/he wishes otherwise... as will the buy price.

Thanks to any and all bidders that might have bid on the auction.

Stay tuned, might have another nice goodie 4 sale soon.
    Damn! I was still bidding on it and I'm in the family! I didn't know that offers were an option???????

Congrats to the winner..........I am obviously the LOSER.......

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Of course every seller has the right to do what they will, but it always annoys me to see an auction end early because the seller decided to accept an offer outside of EBay.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

tony, be prepared to be annoyed....
    to all.... FYI
    for future reference on all my future ebay auctions...

I will consider offers outside of ebay on any auction item.

AKC- sorry you missed it, but I'm guessing , based on your previous posts about the 6500.00 - you probably wouldn't have won this one anyway...
    feel free to email me a top offer if you see anything else I might auction in the future.

not sure what might be next, but I'm looking at that lettered skeleton crew as a possibility.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the note Terry. Looking forward to bidding and winning some of your future auctions!

AKC

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

to all.... FYI

AKC- sorry you missed it, but I'm guessing , but based on your previous posts about the 6500.00 - you probably wouldn't have won this one anyway...
    feel free to email me a top offer if you see anything else I might auction in the future.

not sure what might be next, but I'm looking at that lettered skeleton crew as a possibility.
    Terry

Make sure you dont mention in the auction on EBay "I will consider offers outside of EBay" because they will pull the auction right out from under you. Not telling you what to do, just try to help my friend.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks for the info mulls, I am a newbie to the selling... so I can definitely use the advice....
    but for all my DT buddies.... let it be common knowledge...

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to add my $.02, which is about my book budget at the moment, I think that there is absolutely nothing wrong with ending an auction early when either there are no bids or when the reserve hasn't been met.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

to all.... FYI

AKC- sorry you missed it, but I'm guessing , based on your previous posts about the 6500.00 - you probably wouldn't have won this one anyway...

At least now everyone knows that you're accepting offers outside of EBay, so that's cool. And you got good advice about not mentioning that in your auction.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

to all.... FYI

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html
    Requirements

Your ability to end a listing early depends on the amount of time remaining in the listing and whether the listing has received any bids.

If there are 12 hours or more before the end of the listing, you can end the listing early without restrictions. If there are any bids on your item when you end the listing, you'll be asked whether you want to cancel the bids or sell the item to the high bidder.

If there are 12 hours or less before the end of the listing, your ability to end the listing early depends on whether there are any bids on the item and whether the item has a reserve price.

Number of bids on the item
    Can the listing be ended early?
    No bids, including no canceled bids
    Yes, as long as there aren't any canceled bids.
    1 or more bids
    Yes, but you must sell the item to the high bidder.
    1 or more bids, but the item's reserve price wasn't met
    No
    If there are bids on your item, choose how you want to end your listing.
    If there are 12 hours or more before the end of the listing, choose Cancel bids and end listing early or Sell item to high bidder.
    If there are 12 hours or less before the end of the listing, your only option is Sell item to high bidder.
    Select the reason you're ending your listing early and click the End My Listing button.
    Your listing will end and will no longer be active on eBay. If you're canceling an auction-style listing with bids, bidders who didn't win will receive an email explaining that their bid was canceled and that the listing ended early.
    Since this book was up for a 7-day auction and was ended with more than 12 hours left then Terry did nothing wrong by ending it early without restrictions and cancelling any bids.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Starving and broke (and I've been both several times) I would never sell my personal correspondences from King. Can't replace those.

Country
    Country Flag

Since this book was up for a 7-day auction and was ended with more than 12 hours left then Terry did nothing wrong by ending it early without restrictions and cancelling any bids.
    I'm not sure anyone said he did anything wrong

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I was just clarifying the situation since some were upset that the auction ended early.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

darnit..... and I was so looking forward to a spankin'

Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry, I kicked myself in the ass enough already for missing the opportunity.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 286 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 288 296 336 386 786 ... LastLast