Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gauntlet Press - The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile scripts

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Francois Vaillencourt posted on Facebook he is creating 52 Remarque that is being tipped into this edition.

Not much more detail as yet
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Francois Vaillencourt posted on Facebook he is creating 52 Remarque that is being tipped into this edition.

He does the nicest remarques I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He does absolutely beautiful remarques and is one hell of a nice man.....but.....what does he have to do with either of these stories? Imagine all the poo-poo'ing if it were Glenn Chadbourne doing the remarques.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

He does absolutely beautiful remarques and is one hell of a nice man.....but.....what does he have to do with either of these stories? Imagine all the poo-poo'ing if it were Glenn Chadbourne doing the remarques.
    He is an artist. Lol they hired one to do work in the book. What do you even mean? Lol.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

He is an artist. Lol they hired one to do work in the book. What do you even mean? Lol.

I guess I missed any mention of him doing art other than the remarques.
    https://www.gauntletpress.com/produc...rank-darabont/

Country
    Country Flag

Even if he didn’t do any artwork, why would he have to be connected to the book to do a remarque? I don’t know.. they hired him to add some value to the project and I think it’s great. I’m sure he is doing other work to in the book but even if not, I’m thrilled to see him on the project in any capacity.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Even if he didn’t do any artwork, why would he have to be connected to the book to do a remarque? I don’t know.. they hired him to add some value to the project and I think it’s great. I’m sure he is doing other work to in the book but even if not, I’m thrilled to see him on the project in any capacity.

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1028580

BTAIM, I won't buy the book and don't care one way or the other. I just find it amusing that pearls are clutched when one artist is used but it's okay for another. It's all good!

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1028580

BTAIM, I won't buy the book and don't care one way or the other. I just find it amusing that pearls are clutched when one artist is used but it's okay for another. It's all good!
    Preference. Some like some artwork and others don’t. I am not a Chadbourne fan and never was. I do really like François’s work though. His airbrushed remarques are amazing!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can someone point to examples of Vaillencourts works?

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic work.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Fantastic work.
    He puts a TON OF TIME into his remarques. And he airbrushes them. Such a unique technique. He has some other big King projects coming to

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Francois, for instance, worked on the artwork for tbe letterpress edition of "Revival"
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

EXCITING ADDITION TO THE LETTERED EDITION OF FRANK DARABONT'S HOPE AND MIRACLES

In a recent newsletter we gave you a look at the lettered edition traycase for HOPE AND MIRACLES. A customer suggested that we add a hammer to the top of the traycase, similar to the one used by Tim Robbins' character "Andy Dufresne" in The Shawshank Redemption. We lucked out and were able to get wood from the tree that was in the film!

The tree fell down several years ago (see photos below) and items were made and sold from the wood of the tree. There is enough wood left for the hammers we wanted (see photo to the left). They will be inserted into the spine of the traycase so no one can accidentally knock it off.

We’ll be adding a carved in letter to each (A-Z, AA-ZZ) so each will be unique. The letters are fire etched into the wood.

This, plus the remarques by Francois Villancourt makes the Platinum edition of the book a one-of-a-kind collectible (signed by among others, Stephen King and Tom Hanks).

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's cool. Whoever thought of the rock hammer is a genius.

Country
    Country Flag

That's cool. Whoever thought of the rock hammer is a genius.
    It’s amazing I have to say....

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

You guys know there’s a whole line of merchandise made from the wood of that tree, right?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    You guys know there’s a whole line of merchandise made from the wood of that tree, right?
    It says as much in Curly's post.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Redding is hart, you know...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm aware of that. It's still a great idea to use the mini rock hammer with the letter stamped into the handle. That plus having the Villancourt remarques all make the price a bit more palatable.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm aware of that. It's still a great idea to use the mini rock hammer with the letter stamped into the handle. That plus having the Villancourt remarques all make the price a bit more palatable.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

New pic of case with hammer:

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not a customer, so who cares about my opinion. But I don't like the red color.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I am not a customer, so who cares about my opinion. But I don't like the red color.
    I quite agree.

I would have pulled the trigger on it if Tim Robbins had also signed. To have King, Hanks, Robbins, and Darabont sign would have made sense to me.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I value the fact they're trying to improve the edition.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast