Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Hollow Heart

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Hollow Heart

A new novella was published yesterday called Hollow Heart

It is by tdt.org member Ben Eads.

https://beneadsfiction.com/

https://www.amazon.com/Hollow-Heart-...dp/1646693132/

Welcome to Shady Hills, Florida, where death is the beginning and pain is the only true Art…

Harold Stoe was a proud Marine until an insurgent’s bullet relegated him to a wheelchair. Now the only things he’s proud of are quitting alcohol and raising his sixteen-year-old son, Dale.

But there is an infernal rhythm, beating like a diseased heart from the hollow behind his home. An aberration known as The Architect has finished his masterpiece: A god which slumbers beneath the hollow, hell-bent on changing the world into its own image.

As the body count rises and the neighborhood residents change into mindless, shambling horrors, Harold and his former lover, Mary, begin their harrowing journey into the world within the hollow. If they fail, the hollow will expand to infinity. Every living being will be stripped of flesh and muscle, their nerves wrapped tightly around ribcages, so The Architect can play his sick music through them loud enough to swallow what gives them life: The last vestiges of a dying star.

Interview with the author

I intentionally placed this in Calvin's Corner so most members would see it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you so much, Brian! I deeply appreciate your support! =)

For those on the fence, here are the blurbs:

"Like the warped demonic lovechild of Clive Barker and Chuck Palahniuk, Ben Eads' work is not for the faint of heart...or stomach." --Kealan Patrick Burke, Bram Stoker Award-winning author of Kin and Sour Candy.

"Ben Eads is a fearless writer, so be prepared. His horror is not for the faint of heart, rather his readers must be equally fearless to face the truth that hides in the dark heart of his work." --Fran Friel, Two-Time Bram Stoker Award Finalist.

"In 2015, I reviewed Ben Eads' very fine novella, Cracked Sky. Among other things, I said the writing was first rate, and to underline twice Ben's name, put it on the fridge to remind you to look for his byline. I repeat, Hollow Heart is also a very good read, the writing is again 1st rate, the story compelling, only this time, underline his name three times on the fridge to remind you to search out and read everything he writes. Highly recommended." --Gene O'Neill, The White Plague Chronicles and A Stick of Doublemint.

"With his latest offering, Hollow Heart, Ben Eads has not only penned an absorbing and deeply unsettling novella that adds to his already impressive and growing body of work, but one that further cements his position as a skilled author on the rise, and deservedly so."--Greg F. Gifune
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m intrigued!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I’m intrigued!
    Thanks! =)
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, congratulations!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Very cool, congratulations!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Thanks, Vincent! =)
    WANTED:

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Is on my read list now
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Congrats Ben!
    I picked up the kindle version.
    I think this sold me:

Every living being will be stripped of flesh and muscle, their nerves wrapped tightly around ribcages
    edit: I read the prologue. Great intro that has me intrigued.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Is on my read list now
    I really hope you enjoy it! And thank you so much!
    WANTED:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    Congrats Ben!
    I picked up the kindle version.
    I think this sold me:

Every living being will be stripped of flesh and muscle, their nerves wrapped tightly around ribcages
    edit: I read the prologue. Great intro that has me intrigued.
    Thanks! =)

Thank you so much for your support! It's deeply appreciated.

I really hope you enjoy the read.
    WANTED:

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats man... That's a cool cover, too..

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Crystal Lake Publishing + endorsements from Gene O'Neill & Burke & Gifune = another sale.

I'm finishing up Full Throttle and then you're up. Looking forward to it.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Congrats!!
    Thanks, Ari! =)
    WANTED:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Congrats man... That's a cool cover, too..
    Thanks! Ben Baldwin did the cover and he is an amazing artist. =)
    WANTED:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Crystal Lake Publishing + endorsements from Gene O'Neill & Burke & Gifune = another sale.

I'm finishing up Full Throttle and then you're up. Looking forward to it.
    Thank you so much for buying a copy! I deeply appreciate it.

I sincerely hope you enjoy reading it. =)
    WANTED:

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered my copy
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That cover is SICK!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Just ordered my copy
    Thank you so much, Garrell!

I really hope you enjoy it!
    WANTED:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That cover is SICK!!!!
    Thanks! Ben Baldwin is the coolest artist I've ever worked with. I think he out-did himself with this one.
    WANTED:

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished it last night. It was a delightfully demented novella that moved so fast I thought I was on speed while reading it. I don't know how to properly describe it but from time to time I found myself "lost" from one sentence to the next...I had to go back and reread a passage to find out where I was again which heightened the dementedness of the whole thing.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Finished it last night. It was a delightfully demented novella that moved so fast I thought I was on speed while reading it. I don't know how to properly describe it but from time to time I found myself "lost" from one sentence to the next...I had to go back and reread a passage to find out where I was again which heightened the dementedness of the whole thing.
    Thank you so much for the kind words, Aremag! Very happy you enjoyed it. =)
    WANTED: