Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Politics of Limited Editions

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Politics of Limited Editions by Stephen King

Just received this from VeryFineBooks; I think all you completists are going to have a cow. Comments and discussion?

https://blog.veryfinebooks.com/2019/...cover-edition/
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'll take half a dozen, no...wait a sec...
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

That's amazing...

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool item - bound manuscript?

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is incredible, like something King completed as an emotional catharsis. I would love to read this text.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I've forgotten how badly I've always wanted to read this piece (having missed the early Castle Rocks)- it hasn't been reprinted anywhere else, right?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Just received this from VeryFineBooks; I think all you completists are going to have a cow. Comments and discussion?

https://blog.veryfinebooks.com/2019/...cover-edition/
    VERY interesting....I have held that very "book" in my hand...The seller consigned a WHOLE lot of stuff through me but this particular "book" he had no idea as to the value, so he asked me NOT to list it with his other stuff....seller is one of the original supercollectors and was still in collecting mode in 1998 at Bett's Bag of Bones signing that Stu Tinker organized. This signed one-of-a-kind item is pretty cool (as I said, I've read it, and held it in my own hands)...what is most interesting to me is that he finally went to Emmanual at VeryFine to sell some of the stuff that did not sell with me (I sold about 75% of the stuff he gave me).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I get that this is an amazing revelation and item. But what is the benefit of Emmanuel to showcase this? It's not even for sale. Is this to increase his prestige as someone who brought forth the golden chalice? As we are all aware of another seller who used to post impossible items that they 'found'. Is this in the hope that an offer might be coming? David, our trusted caretaker of Betts on the other hand, is discreet having handled this previously. Kudos to David.

I might get stones thrown my way for this...but there's just too much 'revelation' lately by big sellers, from Camelot with the special SP Shining to VFB. All from sellers, that's all I'm saying.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I get that this is an amazing revelation and item. But what is the benefit of Emmanuel to showcase this? It's not even for sale. Is this to increase his prestige as someone who brought forth the golden chalice? As we are all aware of another seller who used to post impossible items that they 'found'. Is this in the hope that an offer might be coming? David, our trusted caretaker of Betts on the other hand, is discreet having handled this previously. Kudos to David.

I might get stones thrown my way for this...but there's just too much 'revelation' lately by big sellers, from Camelot with the special SP Shining to VFB. All from sellers, that's all I'm saying.
    I’m with you 100%. Well said.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is the text any different then what was published in Castle Rock? That is a great essay but if someone printed got page one signed and then had it bound - not sure that it is THAT special. Manuscript obviously a different story...

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a really cool item and it was interesting to read how it came about, where it came from, etc.
    I do see Juliana's point though...which is what is the point? Perhaps it is to legitimately share an item not many knew about or perhaps it is in the hopes of someone making a huge offer for it.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I had the 'B' copy of the lettered FIRESTARTER in my hands once. Does that count?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Is the text any different then what was published in Castle Rock? That is a great essay but if someone printed got page one signed and then had it bound - not sure that it is THAT special. Manuscript obviously a different story...
    This is a really cool item and it was interesting to read how it came about, where it came from, etc.
    I do see Juliana's point though...which is what is the point? Perhaps it is to legitimately share an item not many knew about or perhaps it is in the hopes of someone making a huge offer for it.
    If David or RF or Merlin or myself or anyone else here had come out with the cool story and let everyone know about the book, would the same thing be said? Personally I'd rather know that something exists than not, that way I can file it away in memory for future reference when browsing those yard sales and flea markets because you just never know what you'll come across. I appreciate that Emmanual thought enough of the item, and the Stephen King community, to tell the story and post photos. Is he propping it up with hopes of an offer or big future sale? Well yeah, maybe, perhaps ... and so what if he is? He's a seller, it's a business, and good on him for knowing how to raise interest in his product. If David had done the same would anybody here have said a word? I enjoyed reading the background story, loved the pictures (read the text in them as I have never read the original essays) and say thanks to Emmanual and Very Fine Books for bringing it to light!

I had the 'B' copy of the lettered FIRESTARTER in my hands once. Does that count?
    Oh, it counts baby, it counts.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

I can't speculate what their motivation is, but I'm glad I got to see it. Ditto SP The Shining.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed "SP The Shining" ... point me to a thread/post # please?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

If David or RF or Merlin or myself or anyone else here had come out with the cool story and let everyone know about the book, would the same thing be said? Personally I'd rather know that something exists than not, that way I can file it away in memory for future reference when browsing those yard sales and flea markets because you just never know what you'll come across. I appreciate that Emmanual thought enough of the item, and the Stephen King community, to tell the story and post photos. Is he propping it up with hopes of an offer or big future sale? Well yeah, maybe, perhaps ... and so what if he is? He's a seller, it's a business, and good on him for knowing how to raise interest in his product. If David had done the same would anybody here have said a word? I enjoyed reading the background story, loved the pictures (read the text in them as I have never read the original essays) and say thanks to Emmanual and Very Fine Books for bringing it to light!

Oh, it counts baby, it counts.
    Perfectly said. Just because they're a book seller doesn't mean they can't be a collector too and want to share their cool finds with the world.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

If nobody talked about their books, I'd probably be reading paperbacks by random authors I didn't even like.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's a fascinating item, and I'm glad I got a peek at it.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I missed "SP The Shining" ... point me to a thread/post # please?
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1150476

My Mood
    Relaxed

So.. has that piece ever been reprinted?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's in Castle Rock Newsletter.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This item is now up for auction! I wonder if we'll know what it goes for?
    It is a cool, unique little book and I hope someone here gets it!

Just for fun what do you guys think it MIGHT sell at?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am bidding. My love for King and Whelan all in one. I put a GOOD FOOT FORWARD.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post

JUST a guess....$3000+

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post

JUST a guess....$3000+
    I tend to agree
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast