Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2019

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Oct 1 - The Pit & The Pendulum 1991 (Bernie Wrightson is thanked in the credits)

Oct 2 Ghost Stories 2018
    Oct 3 Pandorum 2009 (Space Horror)
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I have an episode of Most Terrifying Places on Earth on my dvr at the moment I haven't watched it yet, but I bet it's really similar. And I think I've seen random bits of Paranormal Caught on Camera when I've come across it on tv.

I found some of the episodes on youtube, here's the first one

Spoiler:
    Thanks! I'll have to give it a watch. I saw Kindred Spirits for the first time the other day. Do you watch that one?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Oct 1 - The Pit & The Pendulum 1991 (Bernie Wrightson is thanked in the credits)

Oct 2 Ghost Stories 2018

Oct 4 Paranormal Activity 2009 (we watched PA 3, 2, 1 for the chronological order)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I have an episode of Most Terrifying Places on Earth on my dvr at the moment I haven't watched it yet, but I bet it's really similar. And I think I've seen random bits of Paranormal Caught on Camera when I've come across it on tv.

I found some of the episodes on youtube, here's the first one

Spoiler:
    Thanks! I'll have to give it a watch. I saw Kindred Spirits for the first time the other day. Do you watch that one?
    Nope haven't seen that one yet. Is it worth a watch?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oct 4 Paranormal Activity 2009 (we watched PA 3, 2, 1 for the chronological order)
    I only saw the first one way back when. Are they all kind of the same?

Nope haven't seen that one yet. Is it worth a watch?
    I enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty suspenseful and the investigators didn't overreact or anything. It did seem like they took a lot of "guesses" with the paranormal causes and it seemed like they got rid of the entity pretty easily, but it was a fun watch. I'd probably watch it again. The two investigators (Amy and Adam) were part of the Haunted Salem Live thing last night. I just caught a few minutes of it so I'll have to go back and watch it without commercials. That thing was four hours long!

I also watched the first episode of the Holzer Files last night since you mentioned it earlier. Have you seen it yet? I was kind of bored.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I only saw the first one way back when. Are they all kind of the same?
    Similar style but it is one long continuous story. The first one only uses one camera and that changes with all of them. I've already watched the whole series a couple of times. I'm a fan of found footage films. Part 2 are the events that immediately preceed the events of the first one. Part 3 goes back the the characters childhood paranormal activity. And 4, 5, and 6 go right after one another.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Oct 2 Ghost Stories 2018

Oct 5 Childs Play 2019

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My wife doesn't do horror.
    My youngest two do goosebumps, monster house ect.
    They take over the telly in my house not like when I was younger...

Country
    Country Flag

Oct 5 Childs Play 2019
    I liked the new Child's Play.

And I watched my first of the season last night: The Curse of La Llorona. It wasn't as good as I was hoping. Pretty reliant on jump scares and the script+story weren't as strong as they could've been. And the design of La Llorona was a little cheesy.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes they come back 1991.
    Blast from the past...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Blast from the past...
    Love this one!

I also watched the first episode of the Holzer Files last night since you mentioned it earlier. Have you seen it yet? I was kind of bored.
    Oh no, really. I haven't seen it yet, plan to watch it tonight when I get home.

I officially watched my first horror film of the month this past weekend. Elvira Mistress of the Dark. It's been quite a few years since I've last seen it, but it's funny because me and my sister watched this one all time when we were younger. And watching it now its filled entirely with sexual innuendos

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to try to watch one Stephen King adaptation per day. I'm a little behind but it's nothing a solid day off and a bucket of popcorn can't fix:

Gerald's Game
    The Dark Tower
    In the Tall Grass

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

list so far

Oct 6 The Hallow 2015 (creature feature)

And I watched my first of the season last night: The Curse of La Llorona. It wasn't as good as I was hoping. Pretty reliant on jump scares and the script+story weren't as strong as they could've been. And the design of La Llorona was a little cheesy.
    I pretty much go into every movie with the lowest of low expectations and usually come out thinking, "That was kinda cool." But I was hoping that this one would be great. I only thought it had a nice story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Blast from the past...
    I'm gonna watch this one this month for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'm going to try to watch one Stephen King adaptation per day. I'm a little behind but it's nothing a solid day off and a bucket of popcorn can't fix:

Gerald's Game
    The Dark Tower
    In the Tall Grass
    Gerald's Game was very good, TDT is good if you pretend it's not TDT related, and I've got to break open Full Throttle before I watch In the Tall Grass, I haven't even watched the trailer.

Country
    Country Flag

I officially watched my first horror film of the month this past weekend. Elvira Mistress of the Dark. It's been quite a few years since I've last seen it, but it's funny because me and my sister watched this one all time when we were younger. And watching it now its filled entirely with sexual innuendos
    I'll be interested to hear what you think of the show when you watch it. Maybe I need to give it another couple episodes, but I kind of feel like it'll stick to the same style/formula.

And I didn't know Elvira did movies as Elvira. Is it worth a watch? I Googled it just now and it sounds interesting.

I pretty much go into every movie with the lowest of low expectations and usually come out thinking, "That was kinda cool." But I was hoping that this one would be great. I only thought it had a nice story.
    Yeah, I agree. I didn't go in with high expectations so I wasn't mad or anything, but I was hoping it would be a little better.

And I want to get to Full Throttle before In the Tall Grass, too. But The Institute first. Probably next month.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the show when you watch it. Maybe I need to give it another couple episodes, but I kind of feel like it'll stick to the same style/formula.

And I didn't know Elvira did movies as Elvira. Is it worth a watch? I Googled it just now and it sounds interesting.
    Yes! It's so good. Maybe I'm biased because I grew up watching it, but Matt thought it was ridiculous and a bit cheesy. Which it is, but it's still entertaining. Plus it's got a kick ass poodle in it
    Spoiler:

It's streaming on Tubi tv for free

I watched the show earlier tonight. I enjoyed it, although I do feel like these shows are all the same so we'll see how long I watch it for.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link! I officially added it to my ever-growing Halloween list. Haha. And that poodle is ridiculous.

And you're right. Most of those paranormal shows are pretty similar, so they really have to do something unique (make it suspenseful, bring in other experts, etc.) to make me engaged.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gerald's Game
    The Dark Tower
    In the Tall Grass
    It chapter 1
    Pet Sematary (remake)
    The Shining
    Misery

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

list so far

Oct 7 It Chapter II 2019 (Wow epic!)

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

list so far

Oct 8 Nosferatu the Vampyre 1979

Country
    Country Flag

Watched Cult of Chucky last night. Really good, but got a little iffy for me with a choice in the last act. Overall, like Curse of Chucky, way better than a 7th movie in a franchise has any right to be.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Gerald's Game
    The Dark Tower
    In the Tall Grass
    It chapter 1
    Pet Sematary (remake)
    The Shining
    Misery
    Children of the Corn
    Sometime They Come Back

Country
    Country Flag

Langoliers... been ages since I watch it.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So my daughter was shuffling through Netflix's "horror" section last night and may have picked the 2 worst horror movies ever made.

The first was called Deadly Detention or something like that. It was a b-movie at best and just barely a step up from a student film. The premise is that a group of teenagers had Saturday detention but because their school was shut down due to an infestation of rabid opossums (WTF?) they instead moved the detention to an old abandoned prison. Seriously... what the actual fuck?

The usual horror movie schlock happens. The killer takes out the teacher and then proceeds to pick the kids off one by one. The problem is that for the first half of the movie, none of the characters actually die on screen. They simply cut to black just before something is about to happen. Of course they characters get separated at one point and two of them, instead of finding the goddamn exit, decide to have sex. Twice. But they somehow weren't killed during the act. Which I always though was horror movie 101.

The writing was awful, the acting was awful, the story was awful and the ending sucked. This is definitely a movie that should never be watched by anyone.

That said, I think the second movie choice may have been worse. It was either called Circle or The Circle.

It starts out with 50 people standing in a room. They are all in a circle around big black ball looking thing in the middle. They are also standing on individual red circles on the floor. If they try to leave their individual circle, they die. If they try to touch another person, they die. Lightning shoots out of the ball and kills them. Every 2 minutes another person dies but they are all allowed to "vote" on who dies. The voting isn't explained real well but nobody can see who voted for who.

They all spend the entire movie arguing who should live and who should die until it comes down to the final 2. When if finally gets down to the last person they are allowed to leave. The ending is just the last person standing outside with another group of people looking at some alien ships. That's it.

They never explain anything in the movie at all. Mostly it's the worst stereotypical people you can think of all put in a room together voting for each other to be killed. One guy is a racist, one thinks all the older people should go first, one thinks another is an illegal alien so he should go. Etc...

It was an interesting premise but they never really dug into any of the issues at all. Plus, they all died so there was no opportunity for any kind of character growth or anything.

TL/DR version: don't waste your time on either of these movies.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Circle sounds like it could've been converted into a decent episode of The Twilight Zone (in the hands of a capable writer).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The Circle sounds like it could've been converted into a decent episode of The Twilight Zone (in the hands of a capable writer).
    Or Black Mirror.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast