Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Live Performances

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Last night I went to the Colin Meloy show in Milwaukee (lead singer of the Decemberists). 4th row, center in the smallish Pabst Theatre.
    The show was phenomonal. All acoustic and he played quite a few Decemberists songs, including 3 new tracks that they will be recording this summer for the new album.
    There was a two parter, the first being a mother singing her son off to work in a mine in 1912. The second half/song is the funeral procession. Last one is called Valarie Plame. Can't wait to hear a studio version of that one.

If you have a chance to catch him on this tour, and like the Decemberists, I very strongly recommend going to one of his shows. Easily the best show I've seen in a couple of years.
    He's very funny and a great story teller. The stage banter is not to be missed.

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw Sonata Arctica at leeds in april, and im going to see James Blunt in October. Not sure where yet though.
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been to so many shows I can't even begin to name all the bands I've seen - but I'll try!

Black Label Society
    Brand New Sin
    Meldrum
    Korn
    Limp Bizkit
    Protest the Hero
    Fieldy's Dreams
    Buck 65
    Cadence Weapon
    Scratch Bastid
    Sole
    Megadeth
    Children of Bodom
    Job for a Cowboy
    High on Fire
    In Flames
    Wilco
    Andrew Bird
    Neil Young
    Peggi Young
    Brand New
    Thrice
    MeWithOutYou (puke)
    My Chemical Romance (Puke)
    Greenday
    The Guess Who
    Randy Bachman
    Bachman Turner Overdrive
    Burton Cummings
    Bachman-Cummings Band
    April Wine
    Mountain
    Deep Purple
    Alice Cooper
    George Thoroughgood and the Destroyers
    Coheed and Cambria
    Porcupine Tree
    Opeth
    Joey Eppard (of 3)
    Robin Black
    Mushroomhead
    Godsmack
    Alexisonfire
    Billy Talent
    Blue Skies at War
    Anti-Hero
    Nothing Left for Tomorrow
    Matthew Good Band
    Blood Sweat and Tears
    Lighthouse
    VooDoo Lounge
    Helix
    Foghat
    Edgar Winter
    Steppenwolf
    Honeymoon Quite
    Trooper
    ZZ Top
    REO Speedwagon
    Six Too

And I'm sure there some huge ones I'm completely forgetting, but I've been to so many, and been under the influence of so many things during, that my memory fades.....

Interesting stories --

Black Label Society - Zakk Wylde always does a crazy 10 minute solo during the show. The rest of the band set up a table and smoked cigars, did whiskey shots and played poker. It was at Harpos in Detroit, so I climbed on stage and joined them. They were really awesome guys, and humoured a drunken fan

Wilco - went out with Jeff Tweedy after the show and he bought me a beer

Porcupine Tree - ran into Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson at the show -- a very cool experience.

Alice Cooper - when he was in town the year after I saw him (he came three years in a row for a local festival) I inadvertantly told him he smelt. We were downtown looking at watches in a jewlery store and some old man kept getting too close to me, I'd move a few feet over and he'd follow me, it was as if he wanted me to notice him. Finally I said "Hey buddy, f**k off, you smell". He left, I felt triumphant, and when we left the store my buddy who was waiting outside goes "did you see who you were just talking to?" and I said "yah, it was some old guy, i told him he smelt bad".....

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been to see Busted live when i was like 10, and i should be going seeing James Blunt with Ka-tet. I really want Maiden to tour the UK, and i want Disturbed over here as well.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

-Dirty Projectors
    -White Rainbow [twice, third coming soon]
    -St. Vincent [one of the best shows I've ever seen...period. SEE HER IF YOU CAN.]
    -Ani DiFranco [at least thirce]
    I don't go to many concerts, but these four are by and far the best shows I've seen. Hopefully I can get the money to see Xiu Xiu later this year, which should be incredible.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Went to see Eddie Izzard again last night -- SO much better than the last time! His magic is back.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I'm so jealous!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Jeezy Creezy, it's SO worth the money. If he's performing anywhere even remotely near you, do me a favor and go.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Went to see the Dave Matthews Band this past week. They put on a great show just as always. And it was great to see Timmy back with the band. He is one amazing guitar player.

The only bad thing was that my friend rushed me out of the show so we missed the last song, as it was getting late and she wanted to try to beat the crowd out. Well it didn't make a difference, cause they blocked our parking lot and wouldn't let anyone out till the other lots were empty so we got to sit in our car for an hour and a half and were one of the last ones out. I was so irritated. We should have just stayed and enjoyed the rest of the show.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Limp Bizkit (1)
    Lost Prophets (2)
    One Minute Silence (2)
    Bane of Deceit (4)
    Cradle of Filth (2)
    Motorhead (1)
    Disturbed (1)
    Judas Priest (1)
    Seether (1)
    Hanzel und Gretle (1)
    Apocalyptica (1)
    The Offspring (1)
    Incubus (1)
    Amon Amarth (1)
    Ace Frehely (1)
    Children of Bodom (1)
    Bleeding Through (1)
    Throwdown (1)
    KISS (1)

KISS where definatly the best band I've ever seen, hopefully I'll get to see them again

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

John F. Kennedy goncho is on a distinguished road goncho's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I´ve seen

Mark Knopfler (2001)
    Eric Clapton (2001)
    Pearl Jam (twice on 2005)
    Marky Ramone (2006)
    Bob Dylan (2008 )
    tons of local bands

I can´t complain, but I still wish more great artists visited South America, anyway, I know I won´t die until I see Radiohead, R.E.M. and Neil Young live

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw Stone Temple Pilots at Red Rocks last Wednesday. It was a pretty fun show. Weiland is a MoFo. haha

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Went to see the Dave Matthews Band this past week. They put on a great show just as always. And it was great to see Timmy back with the band. He is one amazing guitar player.

The only bad thing was that my friend rushed me out of the show so we missed the last song, as it was getting late and she wanted to try to beat the crowd out. Well it didn't make a difference, cause they blocked our parking lot and wouldn't let anyone out till the other lots were empty so we got to sit in our car for an hour and a half and were one of the last ones out. I was so irritated. We should have just stayed and enjoyed the rest of the show.
    Lucky! I'm missing the show this year again! We got new carpet in the house though

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
    Lucky! I'm missing the show this year again! We got new carpet in the house though
    Sorry about that, that's too bad. But at least you've got nice flooring!

I was wondering what show you were going to. I'd be kinda curious to see Jeff sitting in with the band. They really lucked out with getting him, although he'll never replace Leroi.

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Sorry about that, that's too bad. But at least you've got nice flooring!

I was wondering what show you were going to. I'd be kinda curious to see Jeff sitting in with the band. They really lucked out with getting him, although he'll never replace Leroi.
    I had planned to go to the Atlanta show at Hifi Buys Amphi... I'm still kicking myself for not going to last years atlanta show with the Brothers

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have seen:
    Tom Petty
    Pete Droge
    KISS
    Ted Nugent
    Skid Row
    Muse
    Foo Fighters
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Old Crow Medicine Show (2x)
    Nickel Creek (2x)
    Nine Inch Nails
    Tool
    Tomahawk
    Moving Units
    Snake River Conspiracy
    Alice Cooper
    ZZ Top
    A Perfect Circle (2x)

Going to see:
    Merle Haggard
    Nine Inch Nails

I had planned to go to the Atlanta show at Hifi Buys Amphi... I'm still kicking myself for not going to last years atlanta show with the Brothers
    Piedmont Park, the one they released? That would have been a good one.
    At least there's always next year.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

They Might Be Giants
    M. Doughty
    Beth Orton
    Los Lobos
    The Wolfetones
    The Whole Shebang
    The Boy's Choir of Harlem
    Suzanne Vega
    Big Rich
    The Duke Ellington Band
    Arturo O'Farrill & the Afro-Latin Jazz Orchestra
    Steve Reich

There are a few others I'm forgetting.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    They Might Be Giants

<------jealous

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw them at Celebrate Brooklyn years ago. M. Doughty, from Soul Coughing, was their opening act. He was okay. They do a lot of shows in New York though. I remember a few years ago when they would play a few sets at a bar each week during the Summer.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always heard they do an excellent show. Some day I will have to see them.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Brice, if you want I'll bring my guitar in a couple of weeks and play you some stuff I've been working on. No worries if you don't want to hear, but it would sort of be a live show.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That'd be great! Please do.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

No problem. I was sort of planning on it anyway. Your opinion on this stuff before I go into the studio would mean a lot to me.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to hear it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast