Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Performances

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ive not seen any bands live yet. I am going to see Sonata Arctica Next month though ^_^
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to go to concerts all the time (it is called life before kids)

I hardly ever went to a show that sucked but some of my best memories of shows are:

The Beastie Boys
    Green Day
    Pearl Jam
    Rage against the Machine
    and Jane's Addiction

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    I used to go to concerts all the time (it is called life before kids)

I hardly ever went to a show that sucked but some of my best memories of shows are:

The Beastie Boys
    Green Day
    Pearl Jam
    Rage against the Machine
    and Jane's Addiction
    Yeah, life before kids! Me and the wife are dieing to see The Beastie Boys... we figure Ava will be old enough to stay with someone by the time they come through Atlanta again...

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Hooray for concert threads.

30 Seconds to Mars (x11)
    Kill Hannah (x3)
    Strata(x2)
    Resident Hero (x2)
    Flyleaf (x2)
    Aiden (x3)
    DC Talk (once)
    Jason Mraz (x2)
    The Matches (once)
    Cartel (twice)
    Boys Like Girls (once)
    Cobra Starship (x 3)

I went to X-fest 2007 and saw tons of bands-- 30STM/The Used headlining. I also worked the Taste of Chaos tour last year so I saw 30 STM, The Used, Aiden, Chiodos, Saosin, Evaline, etc. 5 times.
    That's all I can think of right now. I think I'm missing some. Ha.

John F. Kennedy S.Brewedr is on a distinguished road S.Brewedr's Avatar

Norma Jean
    Fear Before the March of Flames
    Misery Signals
    Between the Burried and Me
    mewithoutYou
    Blood Brothers
    Dredg
    Coheed and Cambria
    Chiodos
    From First to Last
    Every TIme I Die
    Atreyu
    Karate High School
    Eyes Set To Kill
    Foxy Shazam

Ah, I miss the days when I actually had the time to go to concerts.... Single Tear.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm jealous of you...you've seen Dredg. I've wanted to for so long but it never works out for me to see them.

John F. Kennedy S.Brewedr is on a distinguished road S.Brewedr's Avatar

If it makes you feel any better they where amazing... wait, that probably doesn't help.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I'm seeing Rush this summer.

I'm driving to Portland to see Elliott Smith's grave.

Country
    Country Flag

woohoo... the wife is getting me tickets to DMB in july for our aniversary! And Gomez is opening!

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I'm seeing Rush this summer.

I'm driving to Portland to see Elliott Smith's grave.

I saw Rush last October in Brimingham England and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. You are in for a treat as I hear they are playing a new set on the next set of dates in the US and Canada. If only I had some spare cash I'd head over but alas not . The set they played was almost 3 hours long so get there early to avoid dissapointment. Have fun and lets us know what it was like you lucky git .

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
    woohoo... the wife is getting me tickets to DMB in july for our aniversary! And Gomez is opening!
    Lucky you! I hoping to get tickets to one of their June shows. And word is that Tim will be joining them for most of the tour, so it should be a good one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Samanthita is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by S.Brewedr View Post
    Norma Jean
    Fear Before the March of Flames
    Misery Signals
    Between the Burried and Me
    mewithoutYou
    Blood Brothers
    Dredg
    Coheed and Cambria
    Chiodos
    From First to Last
    Every TIme I Die
    Atreyu
    Karate High School
    Eyes Set To Kill
    Foxy Shazam

Ah, I miss the days when I actually had the time to go to concerts.... Single Tear.
    Blood Brothers was a lot of fun. I'll always remember the date because it was the last day I had health insurance, and the next day my best friend almost killed us in her car. Would not have been fun.
    I missed BTBAM and Every time I Die when they were on tour together... and I will never forgive myself for it.

I might be going to see Explosions in the Sky April 12th. The boyfriend wants to go, and hey, what the hell, it's been too long since I've see live music.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Lucky you! I hoping to get tickets to one of their June shows. And word is that Tim will be joining them for most of the tour, so it should be a good one.
    Yeah, I had heard TR3 was opening a few shows for them. My favorite shows have always been ones with guest appearances!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It depends on who the guest is. I've seen some guests that I think the band would have been better without, and then others that were fantastic. Now if they would just get Bela to come back for a tour, I can't think of anything better!

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Festivals is where its at! Such as Coachella! I also like a good concert I can dance at, like maybe an easy 3 step like Reel Big Fish or some other ska (thought I dont listen to much of it)

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    It depends on who the guest is. I've seen some guests that I think the band would have been better without, and then others that were fantastic. Now if they would just get Bela to come back for a tour, I can't think of anything better!
    I speak only from my experiences - Trey Anastasio, Bela Fleck, Warren Haynes, and Robert Randolph... RR is absolutely amazing!

I've yet to see him with the band, but I've heard good stuff. I got to see Trey last year which was amazing, and Bela back in '99 but didn't really know too much about him then, so didn't fully appreciate it. But I saw Rashawn at his first performance with the band, and Toots guesting last year, and could have done without both of them.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hawkwind
    RDF
    The Mission
    The Wonderstuff (many times and consistently amazing)
    Neds Atomic Dustbin
    Cud
    The John Spencer Blues Explosion
    New Fast Automatic Daffodils
    Kingmaker
    Pop Will Eat Itself
    Iggy Pop
    Nirvana
    Sonic Youth
    Babes In Toyland
    The Beastie Boys
    Garbage
    Black Grape
    Dinosaur Jnr
    Don McLean
    Jools Holland
    G Love and Special Sauce
    Weezer
    Dodgy
    The Charlatans
    The Prodigy
    Jamiroquai
    Sheryl Crow
    Sting
    Van Morrison
    theres more, I just can't remember!

Country
    Country Flag

Nightwish last night in Dublin. Excellent gig, great sound, great preformance from the band and Vicar Street is a brilliant venue for a gig.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Counting Crows were playing locally tonight, so I went to the show.
    I really only know their various radio hits and they aren't really what I usually listen to, but it was a pretty good show. I'm glad to see they don't just play the studio versions of their songs.

The singer mentioned that a few of the songs they played hadn't been done live in several years. He had good interaction with the crowd too. Several times it was like an episode of Storytellers with him talking about what the song meant, etc.

They had to stop the show suddenly at one point because a fan up front either collapsed or was having a heart attack. Paramedics got to him and took him out after a few minutes. Seemed like he would be alright.
    When the band started up again, they didn't just restart the song they had been playing. The picked up in the middle of the song, right where they had left off. Thought that was kind of funny.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Adam Duritz is a very talented songwriter. Its cool that you got to see them.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    The Counting Crows were playing locally tonight, so I went to the show.
    I really only know their various radio hits and they aren't really what I usually listen to, but it was a pretty good show. I'm glad to see they don't just play the studio versions of their songs.

The singer mentioned that a few of the songs they played hadn't been done live in several years. He had good interaction with the crowd too. Several times it was like an episode of Storytellers with him talking about what the song meant, etc.

They had to stop the show suddenly at one point because a fan up front either collapsed or was having a heart attack. Paramedics got to him and took him out after a few minutes. Seemed like he would be alright.
    When the band started up again, they didn't just restart the song they had been playing. The picked up in the middle of the song, right where they had left off. Thought that was kind of funny.
    Now thats what I call a good tight live band. 8)

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I randomly check ticketmaster to see if the Counting Crows are back on tour. I am always disappointed.

Not today though!

August 30th, Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati.

I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I've scored tickets to Eddie Izzard's Stripped tour in May and another version of A Midsummer Night's Dream by the same guy who did the production I saw in 9th grade. However, he's turned it into a post-9/11 thing with more of a punk rock look. The first one was modernized and it was awesome, and it looks like this version is going to be just as cool as before.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm craving a really good live show....have been for a while, but no one good ever comes around.
    And I'm still bitter that my favorite music venue was torn down a few years ago.
    Bastards!(shakes fist)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast