Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 328 of 332 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 326 327 328 329 330 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,200 of 8284

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

What's that red thing with the silver knobs?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    What's that red thing with the silver knobs?
    It's an audio interface I use to rip records occasionally, a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Ah, thanks.
    I just use my bare hands.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Ah, thanks.
    I just use my bare hands.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

JOE HILL SIGNED EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW THE FIREMAN WITH TICKET FROM SIGNING, UNREAD!
    > on ebay

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

A few Joe Hills for sale:
    • The Fireman, Gollancz/Goldsboro, signed, one of 350 copies, F/F, red sprayed edges - $100
    • The Fireman - 1/1 trade edition signed on tipped-in page (not CD edition), F/F, IN CD SLIPCASE - $125
    • Heart-Shaped Box, Gollancz, 1/1 trade, signed on HSB bookplate, VG- (dinged corner, minor DJ edgewear) - $45
    Prices include shipping in CONUS, at cost elsewhere.

PM me for more details or pics.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Any news/rumblings on Joe putting out a new novel?

BTW Black Phone has gotten pretty good reviews.
    It'd be nice to get a good adaptation of something after the failures of Nosfuratu, Passage, Y the Last Man and whatever that ending of Tall Grass was.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I've been wondering this too. I thought the next novel (Up the Chimney Down?) was originally supposed to come out when Full Throttle did but they swapped the order. I can't remember where I heard all this, but I don't think (?) I'm making it up. But if that's the case, the novel should have been ready to go way back. I thought for sure we'd get something this year.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    A few Joe Hills for sale:
    • The Fireman, Gollancz/Goldsboro, signed, one of 350 copies, F/F, red sprayed edges - $100
    • The Fireman - 1/1 trade edition signed on tipped-in page (not CD edition), F/F, IN CD SLIPCASE - $125
    • Heart-Shaped Box, Gollancz, 1/1 trade, signed on HSB bookplate, VG- (dinged corner, minor DJ edgewear) - $45
    These titles have sold.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post

BTW Black Phone has gotten pretty good reviews.
    It'd be nice to get a good adaptation of something after the failures of Nosfuratu, Passage, Y the Last Man and whatever that ending of Tall Grass was.
    Joe’s working on a new novel called King Sorrow which is scheduled for release in 2022.
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Joe’s working on a new novel called King Sorrow which is scheduled for release in 2022.
    Do you know if that's a new title for Up the Chimney Down or a different project?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a collection retitled to promote a specific story. Kinda weird…

Your link didn't work for me, by the way, but I found the book here.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a collection retitled to promote a specific story. Kinda weird…

You link didn't work for me, by the way, but I found the book here.

Thanks! I missed that one. The one I was trying to link was for the UK edition slated for release in January.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you know if that's a new title for Up the Chimney Down or a different project?
    It’s a different project, Up The Chimney Down was put on the back burner

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Joe said that after writing a pretty big chunk (my words, not his) he decided to set aside UTCD because he started to see it more as a graphic novel or comic series.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Joe said that after writing a pretty big chunk (my words, not his) he decided to set aside UTCD because he started to see it more as a graphic novel or comic series.
    Interesting. Well, I’m excited for whatever we get whenever we get it, but I’m definitely jonesing for something!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Interesting. Well, I’m excited for whatever we get whenever we get it, but I’m definitely jonesing for something!
    Amen to that

Country
    Country Flag

Just announced…a comic book adaption of Joe’s novella Rain https://screenrant.com/joe-hill-rain...-image-comics/

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, looking forward to that one.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just announced…a comic book adaption of Joe’s novella Rain https://screenrant.com/joe-hill-rain...-image-comics/
    I find interesting to see how Joe's work is being highly adapted into comics, while it's not as much the case with his dad's work
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I find interesting to see how Joe's work is being highly adapted into comics, while it's not as much the case with his dad's work
    That IS an interesting observation. Besides the Dark Tower and The Stand (admittedly both huge projects), not much else, which, considering the body of work available, and the rush to adapt literally everything into film and TV- yeah, interesting.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

JH started writing for comics very early in his career and it has been a industry that he is deeply tied to. He actually writes for comics vs adaptations of books he's written. On the other hand the comics that SK has been involved with have all been adaptations written by other people.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah the bulk of Hill’s comics is stuff he’s written himself. King doesn’t seem to be that interested in doing comics. The most extensive work he’s done was American Vampire and that was only five issues and just the second half of each issue at that. He did toss around the idea of a comic series about soccer moms who are witches but I guess that’s on the back burner.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    JH started writing for comics very early in his career and it has been a industry that he is deeply tied to. He actually writes for comics vs adaptations of books he's written. On the other hand the comics that SK has been involved with have all been adaptations written by other people.
    I agree with that, but given that studios were looking anything King to put their hand to produce, I am surprised that there were no gold rush for King stories for comics or graphic novels.
    But then I don't really know how the comics market works. I have often be surprised by how long the Dark Tower comics lasted, even though I thought the sales were declining.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 328 of 332 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 326 327 328 329 330 ... LastLast