Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 332 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 319 327 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Anyone have any idea what the Joe Hill Sub Press broadside "By The Silver Water of Lake Champlain" is going for these days? I only see one copy online at ABE for $220, which seems high.

I'm looking to sell mine and I want to list it at a fair price.

Thanks!
    I just bought a lettered copy for $150
    What letter? A lot of these were damaged during shipping and replacements were issued. If the original buyer didn't destroy the duplicate then this could be one of those cases.
    I have letter N.

This reissue is something I wasn't aware of. Is there an indicator of any kind that would signal a reissue? It could be a nightmare seeing two letter B's on eBay.

Marco - any insight into this?

**to add, I originally purchased a #'d from a seller years ago off eBay and it arrived damaged and I shipped it back to him. I paid issue price and that was April, 2016 according to my emails.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good to know! I've never seen a lettered for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    That's seems to be a good deal. I was thinking the numbered should be $100 - $120. I don't see them available often enough to know for sure.
    That seems reasonable but yeah, there just isn't much out there re: previous sales. I see so much of Hill's stuff around that it's a little surprising that there aren't more of these out there, even with the issues with damage.

FWIW mine ended up with a member here for list price + shipping, which I'm fine with as it's just too big for me to find the wall space for and I'm happy with a small stack of cash and one less poster tube in storage . It was a very ambitious packing job that involved a roll-within-a-roll and a fair amount of Amazing Tape but I'm pretty confident it will be fine once it's eventually opened up.
    And a huge thanks for that, Tim! I will eventually get around to opening it. Framing it; well, not promises when that will happen
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Anyone have any idea what the Joe Hill Sub Press broadside "By The Silver Water of Lake Champlain" is going for these days? I only see one copy online at ABE for $220, which seems high.

I'm looking to sell mine and I want to list it at a fair price.

Thanks!
    What letter? A lot of these were damaged during shipping and replacements were issued. If the original buyer didn't destroy the duplicate then this could be one of those cases.
    I have letter N.

This reissue is something I wasn't aware of. Is there an indicator of any kind that would signal a reissue? It could be a nightmare seeing two letter B's on eBay.

Marco - any insight into this?

**to add, I originally purchased a #'d from a seller years ago off eBay and it arrived damaged and I shipped it back to him. I paid issue price and that was April, 2016 according to my emails.
    I can only confirm what Kingfan24 said, there are duplicate numbers and letters on the secondary market. I reckon that if the copy you bought has no flaws it’s pretty safe to assume there’s no duplicate copy as it wouldn’t make sense if someone sold their undamaged copy only to keep the damaged one...but then again, there’s some crazy people out there
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was closing a deal with someone for what was about to be the holy grail in my collection, a Suntup lettered copy of Horns. Unfortunately the guy seriously increased his initial asking price while we were corresponding so....

does anyone here have a copy for sale?

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Was closing a deal with someone for what was about to be the holy grail in my collection, a Suntup lettered copy of Horns. Unfortunately the guy seriously increased his initial asking price while we were corresponding so....

Sorry to hear that. How can anyone increase an initial asking price after negotiations have begun?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

Sorry to hear that. How can anyone increase an initial asking price after negotiations have begun?
    Yeah, pretty bummed about this. He mentioned that his post with the initial asking price was posted when he was out of a job and needed money a couple of months ago. He never sold it and when I contacted him, I asked him if it was still available and he confirmed it was so I told him I’d wanted to buy it. He then sent me some pictures etc. And when I asked for a total including shipping he came with this new price

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Yeah, pretty bummed about this. He mentioned that his post with the initial asking price was posted when he was out of a job and needed money a couple of months ago. He never sold it and when I contacted him, I asked him if it was still available and he confirmed it was so I told him I’d wanted to buy it. He then sent me some pictures etc. And when I asked for a total including shipping he came with this new price
    Disappointing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The ad was on the Fans of Suntup.... some 4 months old. The guy wasn't even actively selling it anymore. Marco found the old ad... contacted him to buy it. He informed the seller of his location and the seller stated he would sell it.. but he wanted $3500 shipped. The price did not change during the transaction but rather over the 4 month span since he listed it... AS ALL things Suntup have increased is value. I think this is a case where the seller did not do a THING wrong at all and Marco is just frustrated but taking it out on public forums I think may be a bit in bad form since there was not a thing wrong with the sellers asking price. The old ad he didn't even realize was still up on the group. If this happened over the course of a few days.. a few weeks even.. sure BUT he seen a price on an ad! The seller didn't give it to him.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

The ad was on the Fans of Suntup.... some 4 months old. The guy wasn't even actively selling it anymore. Marco found the old ad... contacted him to buy it. He informed the seller of his location and the seller stated he would sell it.. but he wanted $3500 shipped. The price did not change during the transaction but rather over the 4 month span since he listed it... AS ALL things Suntup have increased is value. I think this is a case where the seller did not do a THING wrong at all and Marco is just frustrated but taking it out on public forums I think may be a bit in bad form since there was not a thing wrong with the sellers asking price. The old ad he didn't even realize was still up on the group. If this happened over the course of a few days.. a few weeks even.. sure BUT he seen a price on an ad! The seller didn't give it to him.
    Hi Kris, I think we discussed it properly, you removed the post and as far as I’m concerned we’ll move on. Let’s agree we have a different opinion on a situation like this okay. Cheers!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Kris, I think we discussed it properly, you removed the post and as far as I’m concerned we’ll move on. Let’s agree we have a different opinion on a situation like this okay. Cheers!
    I don't know how anyone could have any other opinion on the matter though dude. He did nothing wrong...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's definitely on my grail list too, brother. Best of luck tracking one down.

I don't know how anyone could have any other opinion on the matter though dude. He did nothing wrong...
    Please tell me you aren't serious, Kris regarding opinions on any matter.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Good to know! I've never seen a lettered for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    That's seems to be a good deal. I was thinking the numbered should be $100 - $120. I don't see them available often enough to know for sure.
    That seems reasonable but yeah, there just isn't much out there re: previous sales. I see so much of Hill's stuff around that it's a little surprising that there aren't more of these out there, even with the issues with damage.

FWIW mine ended up with a member here for list price + shipping, which I'm fine with as it's just too big for me to find the wall space for and I'm happy with a small stack of cash and one less poster tube in storage . It was a very ambitious packing job that involved a roll-within-a-roll and a fair amount of Amazing Tape but I'm pretty confident it will be fine once it's eventually opened up.
    And a huge thanks for that, Tim! I will eventually get around to opening it. Framing it; well, not promises when that will happen
    I can do you one better, Brian. I have it in a tube somewhere....but I have no idea where.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

SubPress' Full Throttle was out of stock for awhile now until today. Looks like there's at least 25 available now. Not sure what happened where that many became available to pre-order again.

So just a heads up for those that haven't pre-ordered yet or were on the fence before.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    SubPress' Full Throttle was out of stock for awhile now until today. Looks like there's at least 25 available now. Not sure what happened where that many became available to pre-order again.

So just a heads up for those that haven't pre-ordered yet or were on the fence before.
    Possible vendor cancellation.

Thanks for the heads up! I got mine, but going to get another.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Now the quantity for Full Throttle is at 39 available. I don't know if some vendors are canceling their orders or what, but that's a lot to become available over the course of 2 days.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I can do you one better, Brian. I have it in a tube somewhere....but I have no idea where.
    It'll turn up at your estate sale I really do need to open mine. I owe Tim that much for such a great packing job.

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the heads up on this. I was late to the game originally on this and was bummed out. Glad I was able to snag a copy now. Would t have noticed if I didn’t see you post. First purchase of a sub press limited. Hope it’s worth it

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post

Thanks for the heads up on this. I was late to the game originally on this and was bummed out. Glad I was able to snag a copy now. Would t have noticed if I didn’t see you post. First purchase of a sub press limited. Hope it’s worth it
    You’re in for a treat! Subterranean Press produces beautiful books and the Full Throttle limited has lovely artwork.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got the email that SubPress has started shipping out Full Throttle. I figured it had to be close.

Also, there's still copies available.

Country
    Country Flag

Just got he email that SubPress has started shipping out Full Throttle. I figured it had to be close.

Now if Strange Weather would start some sort of movement. It's approaching 3 years since announcement.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got he email that SubPress has started shipping out Full Throttle. I figured it had to be close.

Now if Strange Weather would start some sort of movement. It's approaching 3 years since announcement.
    We don't even know what the books will look like yet. I know they're doing the 4 separate books for each story and we know the artists for each story, but beyond that there's not much info about it.

I'll be surprised if we get it this year.

Country
    Country Flag

We don't even know what the books will look like yet. I know they're doing the 4 separate books for each story and we know the artists for each story, but beyond that there's not much info about it.

The latest info I received from Brian from CD (last month) is that they’re down to one set of signature sheets needing to be signed

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone been able to snag an extra set of this Locke & Key variant? Never knew it was coming and missed the boat on this one
    https://www.scorpioncomics.com/shop/...LSMjybD_sVHUdQ

Country
    Country Flag

The latest info I received from Brian from CD (last month) is that they’re down to one set of signature sheets needing to be signed
    I believe the person has had them for over year.

Has anyone been able to snag an extra set of this Locke & Key variant? Never knew it was coming and missed the boat on this one
    https://www.scorpioncomics.com/shop/...LSMjybD_sVHUdQ
    Missed those also. Some are selling on eBay with a pretty hefty price tag.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 332 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 319 327 ... LastLast