Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 331 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Some other Hill stuff. This is signed in August of 2006 which is 6 months before the publication of Heart Shaped Box...

Here is my signed copy of the 1-500 of 20th Century Ghosts. I told him how much I loved Pop Art (the story) and below was his comment:

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the little plug drawing and comment at the bottom of the page, Kenny.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

Just put in my order for the 2nd printing of Sub Press' HSB. Can't wait!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Joe Blogging.......

Hey, all. Over at joehillfiction.com I'm hosting the first ever Annual August Arcade Chalk-Off. This year's theme is 80s Arcade Games. If you have access to chalk and a driveway or a piece o' sidewalk, you too can draw a scene from one of the great stand-up arcade games from the 1980s, and compete in this year's competition.

The winner - judged by myself and infamous video game connoisseur Shane Leonard - will take home an iPod shuffle preloaded with the audiobook of my collection 20TH CENTURY GHOSTS. 2nd place through 5th place get stuff too. No, this ain't a sweepstakes. No, not everyone has an equal chance of winning. No, there's no place to send a postcard and enter without drawing a picture of anything. This is a brutal chalk pit-fight, and only the gifted and insane will triumph. It's also a ridiculous, arbitrary, bullshit contest and the winner will likely be chosen by completely absurd and unfair standards. Never-the-less, if you feel lucky, get yer game on and send us your retro-80s-video-game chalk masterpiece.

More details - like where to send a jpeg of your entry - over on the website:

http://www.joehillfiction.com/blog.htm

Thanks all. Have fun.

Best,

Joe Hill
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is hilarious! I love it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, thats all pretty damn impressive stuff!! Heres my signed copy:

cover and box:

How can I find out if/when he'll do book signings in the UK?

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

His website has a place where they announce all tours. Not sure hes doing any touring as he is trying to write...

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't want to divert him from that, but thanks!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received the numbered edition of Pop Art. As you can see on the limitation page, they did a real good job with this. It's very colorful.
    Attached Images

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, that looks lush!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Pop Art

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    I just received the numbered edition of Pop Art. As you can see on the limitation page, they did a real good job with this. It's very colorful.
    I have a lettered version of Pop Art on the way. I'll post pictures when it comes in.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I have a lettered version of Pop Art on the way. I'll post pictures when it comes in.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Today I received #5 of 150!

I am so pissed i missed out on yet another Joe Hill. Looks like I will be patrolling eBay soon!

That is a real nice one...congrads to everyone who got one!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I couldnt afford it. And that's my fav
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

I just got this one today. I have a confirmed lettered edition coming soon. *whew*...got one down...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Kenny. I know how much that meant to you!

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

just to note, if you notice the balloons are different between my picture and Dolan's. It looks like Joe actually added the balloons when he signed the limitation page. It's using the same red marker

I just noticed that...hey...you have more!

My Mood
    Lurking

I can ask him if you like....I still want one

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

just to note, if you notice the balloons are different between my picture and Dolan's. It looks like Joe actually added the balloons when he signed the limitation page. It's using the same red marker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quit yer whining, Dolan. I only got one balloon.

It is cool that he drew those in the books along with his signature.

My Mood
    Lurking

Sunday October 28 6pm RiverRun Bookstore (Portsmouth NH)
    Joe Hill will speak on his books "HSB" and "20th CG." Hill scored a knockout this spring with his creepy novel, "HSB." Hill will come to RiverRun just in time for Halloween with his new collection of short stories called "20th CG." guaranteed to get you in a goulish mood.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the news Karen. Hello everyone from Zurich!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quit yer whining, Dolan. I only got one balloon.

It is cool that he drew those in the books along with his signature.

Muhaha!!!! I'm hording all the balloons to myself

My Mood
    Lurking

Default Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghosts Touring Schedule

as posted on Harper Collins' Web site:

Wednesday, October 17
    07:00 PM - 08:30 PM
    Joe Hill will be promoting 20th Century Ghosts
    ODYSSEY BOOKSHOP
    Odyssey BookShop 9 College ST South Hadley, MA 01075

Thursday, October 18
    04:00 PM - 08:30 PM
    BARNES & NOBLE
    1741 S Willow St Manchester, NH 03103

Saturday, October 20
    WATER STREET BOOKS
    125 Water Street Exeter, NH 03833-2456

Monday, October 22
    BORDERS
    BORDERS 125 116 Bangor Mall Blvd Bangor, ME 04401

Wednesday, October 24
    TOADSTOOL BOOKSHOP
    1 London Plaza Milford, NH 03055

Saturday, October 27
    02:00 PM
    TOADSTOOL BOOKSHOP
    Colony Mill Marketplace 222 W St Keene, NH 03431

Sunday, October 28
    06:00 PM - 07:30 PM
    RIVER RUN BOOKSTORE
    20 S Congress St Portsmouth, NH 03801

Monday, October 29
    BROOKLINE BOOKSMITH
    279 Harvard ST Brookline, MA 02446

Thursday, November 01
    BOOKSENSE

Friday, November 02
    MAINE LITERARY FESTIVAL
    MAINE LITERARY FESTIVAL 9 High ST Camden, ME 04843

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 331 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast