Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 332 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 329 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 8288

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Haha, top 500.

Ron, is horror drive-in gone for good?
    No, it’s been back for a while now, but is at a new URL:

http://horrordrive-in.com/smfnew/index.php

Come check out the new digs.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    My ranking:

1. Heart-Shaped Box
    2. NOS4A2
    3. The Fireman
    4. Horns

I think 'Locke & Key' taken as a whole is still his best work.
    +1

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Listing novels only:

1. Horns
    2. Heart-Shaped Box

Have read or listened to NOS4A2 yet.

Although I have several copies of The Fireman, it doesn't even make this list.

I agree that Locke & Key is the best of all his works.

Snapshot and Loaded are two of his best stories hands down IMO.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Listing novels only:

1. Horns
    2. Heart-Shaped Box

Snapshot reminded me a lot of Sun Dog. I actually forgot I was listening to a Joe hill story and not a Stephen king story. I liked it.

I LOVE LOADED! Is it pro gun and anti gun??!!! Just loved it!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Kate Mulgrew is so good reading NOS4A2, which I consider an all time great.
    NOS4A2 is my favorite just because other people see Christmasland and stuff it's not just one or two people like in an SK book. I really enjoyed that aspect and that it has it's own kind of world.
    Horns was way better than I thought it would be. Lots of heart that one.
    Speaking of Heart, I love Heart Shaped Box, one of the few books that have freaked me out while reading in a long time.

I hate The Fireman, too long, silly unrealistic love story, the whole thing with ex-husband, bah. Missed opportunity with zero editing.

Joe is great though. Looking forward to anything from him.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Listing novels only:

1. Horns
    2. Heart-Shaped Box

Snapshot reminded me a lot of Sun Dog. I actually forgot I was listening to a Joe hill story and not a Stephen king story. I liked it.

I LOVE LOADED! Is it pro gun and anti gun??!!! Just loved it!
    To me, the story is how bad shit can get from 0 to 60 in a heartbeat. I personally think the King Clan leans more towards antigun.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I personally think the King Clan leans more towards antigun.
    Oh, I think it's less "lean" and more diving off the ledge with a jetpack turned to the Turbo setting. I have a love/hate relationship with Twitter...it can be an entertaining and informative communication vehicle, but one can also find themselves awfully tired of the snarky, hyperbolic political tweets from some authors.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally forgot about Gunpowder!! I loved it even if it is considered a novella. I heard he may be working on the sequel. I hope so!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

Oh, I think it's less "lean" and more diving off the ledge with a jetpack turned to the Turbo setting. I have a love/hate relationship with Twitter...it can be an entertaining and informative communication vehicle, but one can also find themselves awfully tired of the snarky, hyperbolic political tweets from some authors.
    , Ron. I'm not a tweeter. Sounds like I wouldn't care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    I totally forgot about Gunpowder!! I loved it even if it is considered a novella. I heard he may be working on the sequel. I hope so!!!
    Haven't read that one yet either.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Haha, top 500.

Ron, is horror drive-in gone for good?
    No, it’s been back for a while now, but is at a new URL:

http://horrordrive-in.com/smfnew/index.php

Come check out the new digs.
    Thanks, Ron. I've been lurking it but haven't had the motivation to register.

Regarding guns and gun control, have you read what Dan Simmons said? It's not what you'd think when you consider that these days he seems to be leaning more and more right.

No, I don’t follow his site or posts...but now you’ve got me curious. I’ll have to go check it out.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

http://forum.dansimmons.com/ubbthrea...167850&fpart=1

User Shrike1 reposted Dan's thoughts.

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love following King’s and Joe’s takes on Twitter. It’s nice to hear amplified voices for good.
    Plus, the photos of Molly the Thing of Evil are awesome.

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    I love following King’s and Joe’s takes on Twitter. It’s nice to hear amplified voices for good.
    Plus, the photos of Molly the Thing of Evil are awesome.

Dan
    That deserved a rep point+ from the left.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Getting away from politics,
    My two rarer Hill items are ending in about an hour and so far not high bids. Will be interesting to see how they end. I think due to Joe's sigs being easy to come by ( not complaining it's why I'm selling these) that the market value is decreasing. I'll share what they end up at....

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    My two rarer Hill items are ending in about an hour and so far not high bids. Will be interesting to see how they end. I think due to Joe's sigs being easy to come by ( not complaining it's why I'm selling these) that the market value is decreasing. I'll share what they end up at....
    Those are yours? I noticed the prices were good. Too bad I spent a bunch of money this morning or I was going to pick up at least 1 of them!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Those are yours? I noticed the prices were good. Too bad I spent a bunch of money this morning or I was going to pick up at least 1 of them!
    Sorry Dez, I didn't know you were looking for either of these.
    I hope other sellers whose prices are jacked up on these sees this. I started them low because I was interested to see what happens and I had no idea what to BIN for as I was looking at what others were selling them for.
    A certain someone on here wants HSB so I hope he gets it

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Bev,
    I don't know who that someone was, but I ended up with HSB, but was really hoping for 20th Century Ghosts and my phone lost connection when I hit the bid button. Oh well, maybe next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ruderabbit View Post
    Hi Bev,
    I don't know who that someone was, but I ended up with HSB, but was really hoping for 20th Century Ghosts and my phone lost connection when I hit the bid button. Oh well, maybe next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I knew that name looked familiar! Congratulations. Hope you like it.
    Damn phone, maybe 20th CG would have gone for more

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'd say the Hill market has decidedly changed over time.
    Since RR above ended up with HSB I won't say the total other than it was over $200.
    The more rare 20th CG, the one I thought would sell for more went for a whopping $177. Certainly less than what I paid for it a few years back.
    I have the UK HSB S/L. The 10th anny 20th CG S/L along with Horns, Fireman, and NOS4A2 S/L's and waiting on CD's Strange Weather S/L. My point being that I won't miss these two from my collection as long as I have one S/L for each book.
    For investment purposes I will stick with Dad's work but I love having Waterstreet readily available and his usually fruitful book tours.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Since RR above ended up with HSB I won't say the total other than it was over $200.
    The more rare 20th CG, the one I thought would sell for more went for a whopping $177. Certainly less than what I paid for it a few years back.
    I have the UK HSB S/L. The 10th anny 20th CG S/L along with Horns, Fireman, and NOS4A2 S/L's and waiting on CD's Strange Weather S/L. My point being that I won't miss these two from my collection as long as I have one S/L for each book.
    For investment purposes I will stick with Dad's work but I love having Waterstreet readily available and his usually fruitful book tours.

I was able to get a f/f proof of fireman and strange weather for $33(total). free shipping i would not pay a premium for a first/signed trade HILL book unless it was dated close to publication.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Have you read King's essay 'Guns'?

[QUOTE=biomieg;1098787][QUOTE=RC65;1098509]

Have you read King's essay 'Guns'?
    I have not read that particular piece, no.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Bev,
    If there had not been a phone mishap, the price for Ghosts would have been closer to 300.

Country
    Country Flag

Although I only really cared for two of the stories in SW; the CD S/L is going to be an awesome production!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 332 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 329 ... LastLast