Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 332 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Incidentally, I saw up earlier that you liked HORNS. That's my favorite. Such an out-of-the-box book, but very satisfying.
    Oh yes, I loved Horns so much. It has unexpectedly become one of my all-time favorite books.
    HORNS is my favorite of Joe Hill's novels thus far.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Looks fantastic! He finished up mine yesterday. It's going to look fabulous with the red edged edition(and any other one for that matter). Can't wait!
    Indeed, Bev!!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Thanks for the testimony, Paul. I'm in. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble getting into this book, and my reading time is incredibly sparse nowadays so I have to choose wisely. This is feeling like one of those that I'd probably like- with a lot more time for patience in my life. Just ain't got it now. Later, I hope.

Incidentally, I saw up earlier that you liked HORNS. That's my favorite. Such an out-of-the-box book, but very satisfying.
    I finished The Fireman yesterday. One of the least favorite novels I've read in a very long time. I felt nothing for the characters at all.
    That's pretty disheartening.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some spoilers here, so stay away if you haven't read the book:

Spoiler:
    I was expecting that at some point, Jacob was going to be this really evil person. Maybe capturing Harper and some or more of her Camp friends, torturing them, etc. Something to really make him evil. Instead, when he finally shows up and looks like he is going to catch them, he's killed. Just like that. Then they move on like he was nothing. There was no antagonist like Charlie Manx that would cause me to rally around the good guys. It was just so boring in the first half. When the Camp was attacked, that was nice, and I thought it was going to lead to a bigger "the chase is on." Nope, nothing. If this was the first Joe Hill book I had ever read, I probably wouldn't read another.

I know a lot of folks really like the book, and that's cool. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion. But I just didn't like it at all.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

STILL no Goldsboro book. Dammit!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I got mine a couple days ago. Takes around 10-14 business days for Goldsboro Books orders to reach me from London.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine arrived today, with a stain on the page block.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Thanks for the testimony, Paul. I'm in. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble getting into this book, and my reading time is incredibly sparse nowadays so I have to choose wisely. This is feeling like one of those that I'd probably like- with a lot more time for patience in my life. Just ain't got it now. Later, I hope.
    I finished The Fireman yesterday. One of the least favorite novels I've read in a very long time. I felt nothing for the characters at all.
    There was no antagonist like Charlie Manx that would cause me to rally around the good guys. It was just so boring in the first half. If this was the first Joe Hill book I had ever read, I probably wouldn't read another. I know a lot of folks really like the book, and that's cool. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion. But I just didn't like it at all.[/SPOILER]
    I won't belabor the point by reposting my brief review that I posted earlier, but just suffice it to say I agree with the above. It's really unfortunate, and I'm still surprised, given my love of Hill's previous work. This one, to my mind, just didn't work on a number of levels.

A silver lining: I received my Goldsboro signed/numbered edition today, and based on my reaction to this book, feel no (well, little, anyhow) compulsion to now pick up the PS Publishing S/L as I had intended. This cheaper edition -- still signed, still numbered -- will, I believe, do just fine this time around. It's going to feel a bit odd to pass it up and not have it on my shelf to match other my other Hill limiteds...but unless it's dirt cheap (which I suspect will not be the case) I just don't see it happening.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had this book now for over a week from the library and I just can't get into it. I loved 20th Century Ghosts and HSB and enjoyed Horns. NOS4R2 didn't work for me at all and I may not finish this one. Would like to read some more of his short work.

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    There was no antagonist like Charlie Manx that would cause me to rally around the good guys. It was just so boring in the first half. If this was the first Joe Hill book I had ever read, I probably wouldn't read another. I know a lot of folks really like the book, and that's cool. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion. But I just didn't like it at all.[/SPOILER]
    I won't belabor the point by reposting my brief review that I posted earlier, but just suffice it to say I agree with the above. It's really unfortunate, and I'm still surprised, given my love of Hill's previous work. This one, to my mind, just didn't work on a number of levels.

A silver lining: I received my Goldsboro signed/numbered edition today, and based on my reaction to this book, feel no (well, little, anyhow) compulsion to now pick up the PS Publishing S/L as I had intended. This cheaper edition -- still signed, still numbered -- will, I believe, do just fine this time around. It's going to feel a bit odd to pass it up and not have it on my shelf to match other my other Hill limiteds...but unless it's dirt cheap (which I suspect will not be the case) I just don't see it happening.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received my Cemetery Dance 1/1500 bookplate edition. Impulse order many moons ago - all said, it's not too impressive. Bookplate is a bit crooked and the first end pages are starting to separate near the bottom (maybe from applying the bookplate). I won't complain much more since it was at cover price.

So, I now have 5 signed versions:

US Hardcover with upside down signature page
    US Hardcover flat signed
    US Hardcover inscribed
    US Hardcover with CD Bookplate
    UK Hardcover, red edge signed edition

Is that enough? No! lol

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Very soon, Dez: I received mine only yesterday - and I'm from the Netherlands.
    Your copy has a longer way to travel.

sk

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I feel ya, Sister!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Mine arrived today, with a stain on the page block.
    Was the stain red in color?

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

It wasn't my favorite either. I liked it but I didn't LOVE it. Still, I will order the PS edition to go with the rest of the PS Hill S/L's that I own and I have loved the artwork that they have teased. Once that becomes available that will bring me to a total of four for The Fireman(one inscribed at a signing, one inscribed from Waterstreet, a UK red edged, and the PS one). I think that will finish me up for this book.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Received my Cemetery Dance 1/1500 bookplate edition. Impulse order many moons ago - all said, it's not too impressive. Bookplate is a bit crooked
    Mine's a little crooked too.

Country
    Country Flag

Received my Cemetery Dance 1/1500 bookplate edition. Impulse order many moons ago - all said, it's not too impressive. Bookplate is a bit crooked
    Out of curiosity, did you guys order the slipcase along with your book? I haven't received a shipping notice yet and thinking that might be the reason why.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you guys order the slipcase along with your book? I haven't received a shipping notice yet and thinking that might be the reason why.
    I ordered the slipcase separately.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I ordered the slipcase separately.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My local Waterstones has 2 copies of The Fireman, flat-signed with the red edging for £20 each.

Happy to pick up a copy for anyone looking for one of these.

PM me if interested.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so there is a thread asking how many SK signatures folks have. How about how many Hill sigs? They are a tad easier to come by Perhaps this very question is posed elsewhere in this thread but it's July 4th and I feel too lazy to look through this entire thing.
    So, how many Joe Hill sigs do you have and what are they on?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so there is a thread asking how many SK signatures folks have. How about how many Hill sigs? They are a tad easier to come by Perhaps this very question is posed elsewhere in this thread but it's July 4th and I feel too lazy to look through this entire thing.
    Maybe a subthread with how many non-signed Hill books you have. They are far more rare.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Maybe a subthread with how many non-signed Hill books you have. They are far more rare.
    Going to have to agree with Dan there, Bev But I do love the fact that he signs so much of his stuff. No worry there about someone turning and trying to make a quick buck on something they had absolutely no part in of the creative process. You have Joe sign/inscribe because you want it; no other reason. Sometimes ya even score a cool freakin' doodle to boot! .

In regards to your question (you asked so it's only polite to reply ); I think once it's all said and done, I'll end up with 8 copies of The Fireman signed. 2 which are inscribed and 1 includes the sweet Phoenix doodle. I have 5 copies of this other books not yet signed but I'm just starting to get into collecting him. If he comes near my hometown, I'll definitely try to score a sig for those as well .

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Signed by Joe...

20th CG ARC
    20th CG 1/1
    20th CG 10th
    HSB 1/1
    Horns 1/1
    NOS4R2 1/1
    Fireman 1/1 (x 2)
    Smoke and Mirrors
    Carnivale
    NOS4R2/Wraith
    Postscript 10

That's it for now, and yes while I do think about the future of these a little, it is as a fan that I have collected them
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol, touché fellas! I also like that he freely signs and there are some cool little items that have been done as well so he's a fun one to collect.
    EIGHT Brian?? Are you positive that's enough?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Signed by Joe...

20th CG ARC
    20th CG 1/1
    20th CG 10th
    HSB 1/1
    Horns 1/1
    NOS4R2 1/1
    Fireman 1/1 (x 2)
    Smoke and Mirrors
    Carnivale
    NOS4R2/Wraith
    Postscript 10

That's it for now, and yes while I do think about the future of these a little, it is as a fan that I have collected them
    Well done Chris and I totally agree on the fan appreciation!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 332 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 ... LastLast