Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 332 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 327 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Mmmm, pie!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From last night, what are the odds that Joe states he will only pick two volunteers and ends up with not only three but all DTD.org members!

I had a great time and I’ll upload more later.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Had quite a blast last night. My wife and I met Patrick, his lovely date, Racerx45, Lovejoygirl14, and her brother.

Despite terrible traffic, Joe showed up on time:

Joe did a ~15 miunte reading from The Fireman involving a snowball fight.
    Joe then wanted to sing a couple of songs. Joe wanted to do the songs on an accordion, but said he could never get the hang of the instrument. Joe said as this was the next to last stop, he was running short on Kazoos, and only had two. He asked for volunteers, and I stood up quickly, raised my hand and said "ME SIR!". Joe said no way...

then relented as he felt I looked the part.

He also chose Lovejoygirl14.

Joe shows a Northern California person how to light up a bowl:

Beginning instructions:

Starting the first song. It's a campfire diddly sung to the tune oh "Hey Jude". Everyone had a good laugh as we had the kazoos turned the wrong way:

After the first song, Joe said we could invite someone else on stage. My wife hung her head and tried to disappear, so I told Joe that my "partner" was Patrick. Joe calls him "out":

More to follow.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14's Avatar

Yay!! Love the pics!!! It was such a blast!!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great pics. Looks like everyone had fun.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hahaa... Gold! Awesome guys....

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha love the pics, guys. Looking good!!

I'm excited about seeing Joe for my first time in Glasgow and Edinburgh next month.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe liked my Halligan...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick asks a question about Joe Hill's future comics. Joe ends up talking about the deal he had to write a few "Tales From The Darkside".

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been to a handful and a half of author events and I would have to say that Joe's event was one of the most entertaining events I've ever been to. He had a great Q&A and is just a flat out funny guy. My favorite moment at the Phoenix signing is when he said "Let's address the elephant in the room, my parents are writers".

Here is part of the sing along at the Phoenix event.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF0J0vjx7eV/

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got back from Portland Powell's "Joe Hill Fireman event".
    It was a lot of fun and was able to get the rest of my Joe Hill library signed + a few extras.
    I will post pictures later, not much new to see (pretty much the same as all the other stops on this tour)
    -Cook

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

So cool you guys!!!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great time last night in Petaluma! Hanging out with other collectors is always the best part of these events for me. And it's always wonderful to meet other TDT members in person for the first time.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I got a few things signed by Joe (and picked up a bonus Cronin signed 1st edition):

I left some stuff in the bag for next time also. It was getting late, so we took pity on Joe.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a great time at the Portland reading! Joe was definitely having a great time. I didn't get on the Kazoo Krew (bummer), but enjoyed his reading, the Q&A, and then shaking hands with the man himself. Last time he was here was 2013. Cook - I never think to hook up with you! Next time!!!

Bill

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's see some pics from Portland today!

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here are the books that Joe signed for me. Thanks again Patrick for the Crimewave 8

I asked Joe to sign my book from the NYC event again in Petaluma and he was nice enough to do that for me.

On this one I asked for a doodle of a dartboard with a hatchet. When Joe finished it he apologized and said it wasn’t his best. I replied that it was OK because it was the best Joe Hill doodle I owned.

I guess he took pity on me because when he signed the Poe’s Children ARC he added another doodle without my asking. It’s now the best Joe Hill doodle I own.

Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Steve, That double signed Fireman is absolutely awesome! How cool to catch him twice on the tour, from coast to coast. Also love the unique doodles!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From Portland. Joe was in good form. I did not make the Kazoo Krew, but enjoyed the entire event. He was personable and funny as hell!

Someone ask him what he's afraid of. He launched into an impromptu scenario where he's riding his motorcycle, helmet on, visor up. A bat smashes into his face, breaks it's wings, and the visor slams shut. So, he's riding down the highway with a pissed off bat in his helmet. His expressions were priceless!

Me and Joe....

Signing my stuff.

Country
    Country Flag

I had Joe sign 3 copies of 20th Centru Ghost - a hardcover book club and 2 variants of the 10th Anniversary (unsigned) editions, and my Kindle cover.

Here is my Kindle cover with Joe Hill, Jack Ketchum, Jeff Strand, Michael Arnzen, and Brian Keene.

Our personalized edition from Water Street

And the infamous upside-down signed edition

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    What a great time at the Portland reading! Joe was definitely having a great time. I didn't get on the Kazoo Krew (bummer), but enjoyed his reading, the Q&A, and then shaking hands with the man himself. Last time he was here was 2013. Cook - I never think to hook up with you! Next time!!!

Bill
    Bill,
    I'm going to Justin Cronin Thursday night "Powell's Beaverton".. are you going?
    -Cook

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post

Bill
    Bill,
    I'm going to Justin Cronin Thursday night "Powell's Beaverton".. are you going?
    -Cook
    No...double booked that night. :/ Good venue, though.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to meet you in person, Steve. Glad you got your NY book signed out here, too!

Nice Kindle cover, Bill!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 332 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 327 ... LastLast