Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 332 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 320 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nevermind... I guess it's not released yet.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I only noticed this now. On the copyright page it lists the various US editions. I think I may break with tradition here and not get all of these. Interesting how they assigned different ISBN's for each one.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I'm really looking forward to people sharing their stories about this tour. Should we create a thread specific to this tour?
    I'd like that. I was going back trying to find member stories from his other tours but got tired of skimming the thread. If a separate thread was created, it could just be merged into this one later.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    My signed copy just showed up from Water Street. I asked for a doodle
    Little did I know I would be able to attend a signing this week. This will be my first Joe Hill meeting!!

I want a flame doodle!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

I'd like that. I was going back trying to find member stories from his other tours but got tired of skimming the thread. If a separate thread was created, it could just be merged into this one later.
    Feel free to do so, but keep in mind that a thread created today is quirky when older posts are moved to it. In essence, the title and first post of the thread will be buried far after the older posts.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Little did I know I would be able to attend a signing this week. This will be my first Joe Hill meeting!!

Congratulations! I asked them for a doodle too and was told that Mr. Hill is not doing them any more. My copy showed up today and no doodle.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

Feel free to do so, but keep in mind that a thread created today is quirky when older posts are moved to it. In essence, the title and first post of the thread will be buried far after the older posts.
    Ahh... didn't know that. Well as long as no one minds this thread getting hijacked with signing stories. I know that I really want to hear about everyone's experience.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also looking forward to hearing stories and seeing pictures from the signings. It's going to be fun.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Just got home from Portsmouth. Great event, made even better by the presence (mentioned , but staying out of sight) of both Stephen and Tabitha. Just knowing they were there for Joe made it very cool. He read an excerpt from Fireman for about 15 minuets, then was interviewed by a lady from NH Public Radio, to be aired on her show at some time. Will try to get better info on that tomorrow.

The interview, with audience questions being submitted on small cards to be asked on stage lasted about an hour. There was a 3 piece house-band that played a short set of fire themed songs. "Burnin for you" by Blue Oyster Cult, "Burning Down The House" by Talking Heads, etc.

This was followed by the signing and pics. I was able to meet Lori (Beverly Marsh) and her friends, whose Joe Hill themed t-shirts got them some bonus pics to be used by Joe on his social media stuff! I was also honored to meet Father Callahan himself, David from Betts Books.

Nice night all the way around.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Supplies gathered, books packed and ready for the 15 hour ride to DC for Thursday. Can't wait....

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Just got home from Portsmouth. Great event, made even better by the presence (mentioned , but staying out of sight) of both Stephen and Tabitha. Just knowing they were there for Joe made it very cool. He read an excerpt from Fireman for about 15 minuets, then was interviewed by a lady from NH Public Radio, to be aired on her show at some time. Will try to get better info on that tomorrow.

The interview, with audience questions being submitted on small cards to be asked on stage lasted about an hour. There was a 3 piece house-band that played a short set of fire themed songs. "Burnin for you" by Blue Oyster Cult, "Burning Down The House" by Talking Heads, etc.

This was followed by the signing and pics. I was able to meet Lori (Beverly Marsh) and her friends, whose Joe Hill themed t-shirts got them some bonus pics to be used by Joe on his social media stuff! I was also honored to meet Father Callahan himself, David from Betts Books.

Did they give out any of the kazoos?

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post

Awesome. Sounds like you had a great night! How many people were there? Did you get pics? Gonna show your signed book?

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    Supplies gathered, books packed and ready for the 15 hour ride to DC for Thursday. Can't wait....
    Whats happening in DC? I live here.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

No kazoo's!!! I meant to ask but got sidetracked. Will try to get a couple of pics out today.
    I think i heard there were 261 people
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really pleased today as my uk kindle downloaded the fireman, 2 weeks before release here (somehow?) and bagged a Ł3 ticket to see Joe in The UK in a couple of weeks time.

Very excited.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I only noticed this now. On the copyright page it lists the various US editions. I think I may break with tradition here and not get all of these. Interesting how they assigned different ISBN's for each one.

All these different 'editions'....Now I noticed that each store specific edition has it's own ISBN, I 'need' a copy of each.....
    Already ordered my copy from Waterstreet (BTW, could you confirm if they shipped the one that ends with 631?) and the Barnes & Noble one and now need to go looking for the other ones.

And not included in this list of various ISBNs is the publisher's presigned edition, a different edition of the book since it has a tipped in signature page

And then next month we've got the UK edition, in August the limited editions from PS and in January paperbacks etc...this book's gonna need it's own seperate bookcase
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Where did you get the publishers edition?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Was wondering the same thing.

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

Any guesses on when and what price PS will be releasing "The Fireman?"

Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    This is so awesome! I live in DC and will be there as well!

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Was wondering the same thing.
    Don't have it myself (yet), pulled the pictures from an email sent by AB normal books

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by louis2003b View Post
    No info on pricing but it's planned for an August release. If I remember correctly, the order page will be available by the end of this month (mentioned in one of the latest PS newsletters).

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by louis2003b View Post
    No info on pricing but it's planned for an August release. If I remember correctly, the order page will be available by the end of this month (mentioned in one of the latest PS newsletters).

I believe I paid around $200 USD for 20th Century Ghosts 10th Anniversary S/L. If I remember correctly, several people were assuming it would be around that for The Fireman.

Country
    Country Flag

Has any of you already received their Barnes & Noble or Books-A-Million signed editions? It'd be interesting to know where the different ISBN is shown. On the copyright page and/or dustjacket?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Has any of you already received their Barnes & Noble or Books-A-Million signed editions? It'd be interesting to know where the different ISBN is shown. On the copyright page and/or dustjacket?
    I received the shipping notice for the Books-A-Million version. I should have it tomorrow.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Congratulations! I asked them for a doodle too and was told that Mr. Hill is not doing them any more. My copy showed up today and no doodle.
    I asked Water Street books about the doodle thing and they said that they had so many pre-orders (1500) that they randomly chose people to get doodles. That is not what they said originally but whatever. I'm happy with the book and can't wait to read it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 332 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 320 ... LastLast