Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 332 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I missed out on the signed Gunpowder
    WTF? Sorry to hear that, Jerome. Did you order the other one? I'm sure Joe would be happy to sign it for you sometime.

I don't know how I missed your post yesterday regarding Joe's blog post, Karen. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

I called and ordered:
    1. LOCKE & KEY - hardcover
    2. HSB - softcover (I already have the hardcover signed from when Joe was out here.)
    3. 20th CG - softcover. It sounded like the hardcovers were not 1st/1st editions, so I'll ask him to sign the one that I already own at some indeterminate point in the future.

They charged $11 for shipping. I have no problem with that.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

i got the 1/300 edition but missed out on the 1/200 edition. he's becoming a popular boy! the speed his #'d limiteds have been selling lately he 's almost neck and neck with daddy with how quick they sell out.
    i get an inkling that all the signings hes doing now and also sending books to his address will come to an end,just like with king. king used to sign at all the CON's and you could send books to his office,but thats all dried up. joe is doing it all now too but if he keeps gaining in popularity its only a matter of time before he calls a halt. even nerak, joe's # 1 fan has to go to signings with the rest of the commoners!!! watch this space,maybe??

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

The only reason I have to go is cause he's soooo damn busy! LOL And the last time I gave him a bunch of stuff to take home and sign, he signed two of mine wrong . So, it kinda helps to be there to say, this is for me, This is for Barry, This is for Lisa and this is for Jeremy. LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

thats true too.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, do you put post-it notes inside each book? If not, I'll send you a bunch pre-printed with "To Patrick" on them.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Um, yeah, NO!

And yes, I put post-its in them as to who they are supposed to be for.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

But the ones I'd send you are extra sticky!

My Mood
    Lurking

um, yeah, NO!

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    But the ones I'd send you are extra sticky!
    That is sooooooo wrong

My Mood
    Lurking

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is not at all what I meant.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I know what you meant, but I couldn't help it.

Didn't you send me some bookmarks? I think it was you and I had a hell of a time trying to open the friggin envelope

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

WTF? Sorry to hear that, Jerome. Did you order the other one? I'm sure Joe would be happy to sign it for you sometime.
    Jerome, there are still copies of the 300 edition available at PS, which is signed.
    Geoff

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Jerome, there are still copies of the 300 edition available at PS, which is signed.
    Thanks. I did order 1/300, I just was too late for the slipcased edition.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This just in from Overlook!!
    GUNPOWDER by Joe Hill

1 of 200 Signed Limited Editions.
    PLEASE NOTE: We only have a few copies to offer as we were limited to what we could have. If you want this edition you will have to order quickly.

Features:

Signed by Joe Hill
    Signed by Cover Artist Vincent Chong
    Slipcased
    1 of 200 copies.

UK Publication. Signed, Jacketed and slipcased. Only 200 copies.

Artwork is not the final cover.

$250.00 plus shipping

Release Date: Late 2008.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Lurking

Mora than double the price, gotta love it! NOT!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

True - original was only $100 if I remember correctly. This kinda reminds me of the JAS book signing thread . . .

My Mood
    Lurking

Yeah, I believe that the price was $95

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it cost 50 pounds, so approx. $95 to $100 depending on the exchange rate when you ordered.

So $250 is quite a mark-up - not a surprise with Overlook.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

His prices are always very high. I haven't bought anything from him in years but a long time ago I did buy quite a bit. He tries to come across as "Good Ol' Dave" and make you think he is your buddy. It works on newcomers to the field but, I suspect, eventually wears off with everyone over time.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I used to read the SKEMERs newsletter. Many of those people (including the moderators) think Dave is the greatest.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had much the same experience. Plus it seems to take FOREVER for him to ship items that you've ordered. I seldom even visit his website anymore.

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed - I order from Dave at the Overlook with trepidation these days! However, I must state that I got my Six Stories from him for $85 I think the asking price from Philtrum! No markup there that time! That must have been the lure! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the "signed Robin Furth plate" from the Long Road Home incentive they had

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

His prices are always very high. I haven't bought anything from him in years but a long time ago I did buy quite a bit. He tries to come across as "Good Ol' Dave" and make you think he is your buddy. It works on newcomers to the field but, I suspect, eventually wears off with everyone over time.
    That's exactly what happened with me. I used to buy from him, but I've stopped a while ago, as his prices are just so darn high. It took me a while to realize that.

I also was very depressed when I saw the email for $250. When I see these types of sales when the book hasn't even been released, I always wonder about the author. What do they think when prices of their books are marked up on release? Do they get mad that a store is taking advantage of his or her fans?
    Geoff

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    ... I also was very depressed when I saw the email for $250. When I see these types of sales when the book hasn't even been released, I always wonder about the author. What do they think when prices of their books are marked up on release? Do they get mad that a store is taking advantage of his or her fans?
    I just posed that question to Joe via his website - will be interesting to see his reply if/when he posts it!

ETA: Here's a link to the thread Joe Hill Gunpowder

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 332 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast